Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speculations on the 09 tl /tls ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 01:31 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennedy
Acura will never put AWD in the TL, unless they discontinue the RL... which is a possibility given it's slumped sales.
I'm actually more excited to see the 3rd gen RL.
In my opinion RL sucks big time, even compare to prior generation.

I would like to see TL hardtop convertible, AWD version!!!!!!!! for under 40K.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They'll develop a turbo'd version of the 3.5 liter type S engine for the next base TL. This will be to counter Infiniti's decision to turbo the G Coupe. Just wait and see!
Old 01-31-2007, 03:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by NewTL2007

I wouldn't by a convertable in the first year of a new generation.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:22 AM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by NewTL2007

What makes you say that? Have you driven one?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:04 AM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Originally Posted by ISM Gray
I dont think that Acura is going to produce a rwd TL at all. Rwd is kinda dated especially in a brand that is based on having the best technology.
Was thinking more along the lines of front wheel, but if you had seen how this rear wheel drive performed against the 4 x 4 you'd be impressed as well.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Instructor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GoHawks
What makes you say that? Have you driven one?
I have driven and RL and liked it, and it is very fast.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by joed40
Was thinking more along the lines of front wheel, but if you had seen how this rear wheel drive performed against the 4 x 4 you'd be impressed as well.
I caught that show too i think it was test drive with tommy kendall, I believe the option was called a GD88 locker or something along those lines, it look pretty slick and performed really well when stacked up against a 4x4. The 2 wheel comparo didnt even stand a chance with this new rear end. I dont know how well the technology would transfer to FWD but it would be cool to try it out and see what comes of it, Kudos to GM for finally doing something that hasnt been on their shelves for 30years! I like their new line of trucks, not that i;d buy one but its a big step forward for them.

I got a little off their

09 TL will have SH-AWD for sure no doubt in my mind, it will probably get a bump to about 315HP. The RL is deffinatly going to get a V8 acura;s moving it up class it has to compete with the 5 series better, should be a much bigger platform too. I think the reason acura entered in the ALMS is so that they can beat this shit out of their V8 before it ever hits the streets to iron out any bugs, it's better to look silly on the track for a year then have your actual cars getting bashed in the media. Don't worry guys 09 will be a huge step forward in the acura brand, it's just a matter of waiting it out!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Racer

I got a little off their

09 TL will have SH-AWD for sure no doubt in my mind, it will probably get a bump to about 315HP. The RL is deffinatly going to get a V8 acura;s moving it up class it has to compete with the 5 series better, should be a much bigger platform too. I think the reason acura entered in the ALMS is so that they can beat this shit out of their V8 before it ever hits the streets to iron out any bugs, it's better to look silly on the track for a year then have your actual cars getting bashed in the media. Don't worry guys 09 will be a huge step forward in the acura brand, it's just a matter of waiting it out! [/QUOTE]

i agree with the TL and RL comments....they have to put AWD on it or at least an option for it. since the competition has awd in their cars

for the RL they have to bump it to 8 and make it bigger
Old 02-04-2007, 02:21 AM
Instructor

When can we expect to see a preview officially and specifications from Acura on the 09 TL (and TSX)?

I have an 04 Accord now and plan on getting a used 04 TL this summer and keep it for 3 years. I have 2 more years to pay on the Accord and figured now that I have a better job, I'll just stretch that payment to 1 more year and get a nicer car.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ISM Gray
I dont think that Acura is going to produce a rwd TL at all. Rwd is kinda dated especially in a brand that is based on having the best technology.
I'll be in the market for a car in the next year or two. So far I'm looking at the present gen TL-S MT or present gen G35 Sport MT. I personally don't like first model year of anything so that rules out the 09 TL (for now....).. Today I'm leaning towards the G due to rear drive (but am concerned about the alledged gearbox vibration and poor clutch pickup) but who knows, tomorrow or whenever I won't care much if the present gen TL is fwd.

That being said, I disagree completely with your statement that rwd is dated. Saying that is implying that MB, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, Lexus, Infiniti (all of which have rwd as their mainstay) are dated.. Yes, they have or are coming out with some awd vehicles. I don't believe anyone would say that those brands are dated. Frankly, I prefer rear drive due to the better driving dynamics.

Years ago I believe Porsche did a study on fwd, awd, rwd and how well drivers did which each layout. For the study (which I wish I kept), they had people drive around one a major race track in Germany. The average drivers got the best times with fwd and expert drivers did best with rwd, due to the ability to control vehicle position and dynamics with rwd.. Don't recall where the awd's came in..

In my opinion, today there are too many fwd cars and hope manufacturers put rwd into some of their cars which are affordable (for folks who can't afford the megabucks rwd vehicles)..

So, I hope that new TL comes out with rwd and as an option, SH-awd.