Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A-Spec vs new Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-Spec vs new Front Bumper

I've been trying to research the forum for answers/photos, but haven't quite found what I'm looking for.
I posted this on the Hondacuraworld Group Buy thread but haven't received any info from anyone and was hoping for some clarification:

I have an '07 KBP Type-S and recently bottomed out the front underside of the bumper - it's cosmetic only (although running your hand over it feels like $*!&) and you have to hunker WAY down to see it (looking under the front of the bumper)

Do I need a new bumper or will the A-spec kit replace or hide the scrape (about 3.5 feet long)? I'm not quite sure what the Type-S A-spec kit would replace.

I'm trying to decide on how to proceed:
A) Purchase a new OEM replacement bumper
B) Purchase the A-spec kit
C) Repair the bumper (this would be a bit of work, however)
D) Some other option I haven't thought of

If the front underbody piece of the A-spec kit would do the trick, can it be purchased separately?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Boomer Sooner!

A picture of the damaged area would go a long way towards helping folks answer your question.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Swobro
I've been trying to research the forum for answers/photos, but haven't quite found what I'm looking for.
I posted this on the Hondacuraworld Group Buy thread but haven't received any info from anyone and was hoping for some clarification:

I have an '07 KBP Type-S and recently bottomed out the front underside of the bumper - it's cosmetic only (although running your hand over it feels like $*!&) and you have to hunker WAY down to see it (looking under the front of the bumper)

Do I need a new bumper or will the A-spec kit replace or hide the scrape (about 3.5 feet long)? I'm not quite sure what the Type-S A-spec kit would replace.

I'm trying to decide on how to proceed:
A) Purchase a new OEM replacement bumper
B) Purchase the A-spec kit
C) Repair the bumper (this would be a bit of work, however)
D) Some other option I haven't thought of

If the front underbody piece of the A-spec kit would do the trick, can it be purchased separately?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
if it's only the underside, the A-Spec front under spoiler should cover up all the blemishes....
Old 08-02-2007, 10:43 AM
#1 Super Guy!

Received 510 Likes on 367 Posts
Here is what the A-spec lip covers on your Type-S stock bumper. Not the nicest looking front lip in my opinion, but it should do the job you need it to do...

Old 08-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 94eg!
Here is what the A-spec lip covers on your Type-S stock bumper. Not the nicest looking front lip in my opinion, but it should do the job you need it to do...

what do u mean.... they looked great!
Old 08-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by psheu
what do u mean.... they looked great!
No, it needs to blend in more. I dont like the lines on the front bumper, where the lip meets the bumper.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Intermediate

OK! Great photos and I thought that was what the A-Spec looked like - and it does look excellent. From what I can see in these photos, my scrape would definitely be covered.

Do you have to cut away the lower part of the stock bumper on the front and sides? When I look at my bumper, it seems as if everything is one piece and there is no completely detachable spoiler.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:47 PM
#1 Super Guy!

Received 510 Likes on 367 Posts
Do you have to cut away the lower part of the stock bumper on the front and sides? When I look at my bumper, it seems as if everything is one piece and there is no completely detachable spoiler.
The A-spec kit simply attaches over the existing bumper. You don't cut off anything. The upper half is stuck on with double sided tape, and the lower half and sides screw on underneath.

Here is the 04-06 A-spec lip installation instructions for comparison:
https://hondacuraworld.hostasaurus.c...derspoiler.pdf
Old 08-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Intermediate

The A-spec kit simply attaches over the existing bumper. You don't cut off anything. The upper half is stuck on with double sided tape, and the lower half and sides screw on underneath.

Here is the 04-06 A-spec lip installation instructions for comparison:
https://hondacuraworld.hostasaurus.c...derspoiler.pdf

This is perfect - thanks for the excellent information! The cloud has been lifted from my eyes....
Old 08-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Burning Brakes

OK! Great photos and I thought that was what the A-Spec looked like - and it does look excellent. From what I can see in these photos, my scrape would definitely be covered.

check out my thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/new-joke-161831/

I've upgrade to the 07 type s front bumper and installed the front under spoiler. the bumper have to come off to remove the front lower grill.... the front under spoiler comes with it's own lower grill.... no cutting necessary
Old 08-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by psheu
check out my thread:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161831

I've upgrade to the 07 type s front bumper and installed the front under spoiler. the bumper have to come off to remove the front lower grill.... the front under spoiler comes with it's own lower grill.... no cutting necessary

Thanks psheu. I had seen your thread before and glossed over it because of the model year of your TL, but now I understand that you put that A-spec spoiler over the newly installed '07 Type-S bumper.

After everything I've read I'll likely just try to get a new '07 color matched Type-S front bumper. Even if it's a little more than $450 that's still not too bad!

I like the looks of that A-Spec spoiler but I think that they could improve the lines/flow a bit. And I didn't like the fact that you had to pull the lower grills.

Thanks for the reply!