Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a-spec concept tailights!!?////water damaged leather :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 04:39 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post a-spec concept tailights!!?////water damaged leather :(

Anyone know if there are going to be any aftermarket a-spec concept style taillights like these for sale? They are freakin rad.

One side of my leather in the driver seat is kind of wrinkled and feels strange compared to the other parts of the cars seating. This happened when I had my valet parked when it was raining and left my car door open by accident while waiting for the valet, I suppose considerable water fell on that side of the seat and may have been water-damaged. It wasn't exposed for that long; perhaps its because the leather is cheap. The leather of the bimmers and lexus's seem more sturdy and of higher quality.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:49 PM
What's a TL?

I have heard nothing about the tail lights at all, IMHO they are pretty fugly and the stocks look a lot cleaner and nicer. AS for the leather, if it had time to dry some water should not effect it at all....even if a fair amount of water fell on the leather it should dry out ok...I would talk to my dealer if I were you. People are constantly saying the leather in this car is cheap, but my honda/acura leather I have had throughout the years seems much more durable than the leather found in most cars (just comparing it to my friends 3 series, my moms E-class, and my dad's Jeep Grand)
Old 01-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Race Director

Why would u want new tail lights? THe current ones are L.E.D.s

I doubt any aftermarket ones would be LED's and if they are, they are gonna be expensive.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the wrinkles you are talking about are normal (so to speak) and many are having the same problem, it is on the outside seat cushion bolster, correct (not the side of the upper back cushion).

Everyone has this, it is not a result of water, but the leather it self.

Complain to your dealer and get it on record.
Old 01-24-2004, 03:06 AM
Instructor

Re: a-spec concept tailights!!?////water damaged leather :(

Originally posted by x420actionx
One side of my leather in the driver seat is kind of wrinkled and feels strange compared to the other parts of the cars seating. This happened when I had my valet parked when it was raining and left my car door open by accident while waiting for the valet, I suppose considerable water fell on that side of the seat and may have been water-damaged. It wasn't exposed for that long; perhaps its because the leather is cheap. The leather of the bimmers and lexus's seem more sturdy and of higher quality.
A lot of people has been complaining about leather seat in this car. Has it been stretched? Does it kind of puff up? If all you see is wrinkles and lines, just about everyone is having this problem. All leathers wear out, but I just think is unusual to have these kind of problem so early. I head all Honda leather seats feel rather cheap, IMO.