Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

South Coast Acura (Orange County,CA)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South Coast Acura (Orange County,CA)

Hey just wanted to know if any of you guys got a TL Type S from this dealer. I have searched around on the forums and found that the average price seems to be like around 36K or something? Anyone get any better than that price? Any feedback would be great! Looking to get the Type S asap. Thanks So much!
Old 01-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Instructor

I was going to get my car from them for 36k with pro pack and paint protection. I went home to think about it and the next day the car was gone . Ask for Robin Lee.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:42 PM
I (don't) whine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i bought my previous car from there. they're crooks don't buy go there or use their service dept. try tustin acura, trust me you'll like them better.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ussi
i bought my previous car from there. they're crooks don't buy go there or use their service dept. try tustin acura, trust me you'll like them better.
care to share details? Thats where I got my car and had no problems whatsoever
Old 01-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Intermediate

Here's my bad experience with South Coast Acura.

I was looking for an 06, they said they found me one and brought it to their lot. So we made arrangements for pick-up and everything, sales guy even told me he put on the Sold sign on the car already. An hour before I was gonna go there to sign the papers and pick it up, i get a call from them to tell me that my car was sold out under me. Needless to say, I was not happy, how can you sell a car that was brought to the lot specifically FOR ME, with a Sold sign on the car.

So that made my opinion of South Coast turn sour real quick.. so I would not recommend them whatsoever......that was horrible in my eyes.

so in conclusion a big and to south coast acura.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:52 PM
I (don't) whine.

Originally Posted by TLyoung'un
care to share details? Thats where I got my car and had no problems whatsoever
here u go:
https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/some-flower-pics-dial-up-piss-heads-dont-bother-140263/
Old 01-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Intermediate

thanks for the info guys
Old 01-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Instructor

That's funny because I had the exact opposite experience! Both times I went to Tustin Acura, the salesmen never even bothered to greet me or my wife (we were literally the only people in the whole lot and the salesmen just stood there chit-chatting) and were very rude when we asked for a TL brochure, saying they were reserved for "serious buyers." Of course I still got a brochure though. Wasn't leaving without one!

Both times we went to South Coast, we were greeted before I had even stepped out of my car and the salesmen were all very helpful. They let us test drive both the 6MT and auto TL-S extensively. Third time I dropped by, I bought my TL-S from South Coast.

Everyone's experience differs, but the way we were treated at South Coast along with the whole sales process was so terrific, we've already decided to exclusively go to South Coast for any future Acuras we purchase.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:48 PM
I (don't) whine.

i should have said sales and service differ...i never had a problem with south coast sales, but i bought my second acura from tustin and didn't have a bad experience. but south costs service is a BIG THUMBS DOWN so thus i wouldn't recommend that dealership, period.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Intermediate

I think the customer service at Tustin Acura is probably the worst I have seen.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:40 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
South Coast acura sucks for service. Not sure about their sales but I havent heard good overall.

Tustin Acura is actually pretty good at service but horrible at sales. The sales guys are usually pretty snobby over there. They think they're selling Ferraris to folks on welfare.

Mission Viejo has a very very good sales department. The manager is willing to help out as well. They will search for the exact car you want with no hesitation.

I bought my car from Thomas Acura and they're sales were OK, BUT their service department is awesome. Guys are really helpful and nice and they have no problems about aftermarket parts.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SPYKER310
Hey just wanted to know if any of you guys got a TL Type S from this dealer. I have searched around on the forums and found that the average price seems to be like around 36K or something? Anyone get any better than that price? Any feedback would be great! Looking to get the Type S asap. Thanks So much!
I got my TL-S from South Coast last November for 36K. I dealt with Kevin in the Internet department. As far as service is concerned I agree with what others have said, Tustin has the better service department. Sales wise they are below par though and I experienced this first hand w/them when I was shopping for my TL-S.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:20 AM
Intermediate

i bought my previous car from there. they're crooks don't buy
A few months ago I spoke with their internet manager Vince Nguyen at South Coast and he was a real jacka$$. Very unprofessional and rude. Made me feel like he's doing ME a favor if I buy a car from him.

So I took my business to Weir Canyon and dealt with Sean Tobin. He was extremely professional and offered very competitive pricing. That was one of my most pleasant new car buying experience.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:32 AM
Intermediate

Bought my 05 TL from South Coast Acura in November 2004. Mine was ordered and payment by Capital One check was agreed on when I placed the order and gave them the deposit. When I went to pick up the car two weeks after I ordered it they told me that they couldn't accept the check from Capital One. Gave me a bunch of excuses about it and kept pushing the Honda financing. I got my deposit back, walked away, and went over to Tustin Acura with a copy of my order with the price from South Coast and told Tustin that if they match the price I would buy from them. Tustin Acura laughed at my offer and the best offer Tustin could do was $1300 more than the price I was getting from South Coast. They didn't even have any TLs in stock when they offered that. Ended up going back to South Coast the next day and paid cash for the TL that I had originally ordered. If the NBP TL was available anywhere else I would have not bought it from South Coast Acura. During this whole process I was not too happy with these Acura dealers service that I actually went across the street to buy an Infiniti G35 instead. Luckily none of the Infiniti dealers had any 05 G35 in stock at that time either.

Brought my TL into South Coast Acura for rear deck rattle two months after I bought it and the service adviser told me to go back to the people that tinted my windows. He said the rattle was caused by bad re-installation of the rear windshield when they took it out to tint it. My windows are tinted but no glass was removed during the process. It pissed me off that the service adviser would just accuse the customer without knowing the facts. Never went back to South Coast Acura for service after that. I agree that Tustin Acura's Service department is way better than South Coast's.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:08 AM
I (don't) whine.

I think we can agree:
1) South Coast Acura has terrible service, half ass sales
2) Tustin Acura has bad sales, excellent service
3) Mission viejo has excellent sales, service unknown??
Old 01-22-2007, 03:27 AM

I think we can agree:
1) South Coast Acura has terrible service, half ass sales
2) Tustin Acura has bad sales, excellent service
3) Mission viejo has excellent sales, service unknown??
and Thomas Acura has good sales (not superb) and awesome(better then excellent) service.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mso4
A few months ago I spoke with their internet manager Vince Nguyen at South Coast and he was a real jacka$$. Very unprofessional and rude. Made me feel like he's doing ME a favor if I buy a car from him.

So I took my business to Weir Canyon and dealt with Sean Tobin. He was extremely professional and offered very competitive pricing. That was one of my most pleasant new car buying experience.

Hello All, I have to second what is said of Mr. Nguyen. I actually bought a 07 Non-Navi WPD and got a great deal from him, but while we waited for the paperwork we went to lunch and he was all over the server being very rude, although never at me. Anyway, just wanted to ask about service at either Weir Canyon Acura or Acura of Riverside. Good? Bad? Any recommendations. I am a new Acura Owner and after five years of Honda's and great service at the Honda Cars of Corona, now I need to find a good service spot for my new baby. Thanks
Old 01-22-2007, 10:08 AM
Retired and Loving It

If you're just looking for a dealer in So Cal to buy a car, check with Valencia Acura. I had a great sales experience with them. I did everything over the internet until I finalized the deal. Lowest price I could get on my 06 TL last August. Talk to Nick Levin internet sales. I don't know about their service, I use Superior Acura in Bakersfield for that.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
I got my car from Mission Viejo. But since they are too far from me, I got my first service at Tustin, and they were pretty good.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Intermediate

I might throw in a recommendation... Metro Acura in Monclair. I emailed the internet sales department, got a call back like 30 minutes later, had the car I wanted and agreed on a price. I went to the dealer later that night, sign the paper work paid with my Capital One check also, and was out of there in about an hour.

That was the easiest deal I've ever had for a new car.

PS...Vince Nguyen was also the guy that screwed me at South Coast Acura.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Cruisin'

I purchased my '07 TL about 2 weeks ago from South Coast Acura - overall decent experience, though the sales manager had this weird gimick about being all pissed off at management because they "stiffed me out of money which was due to me".
Anyway, made a good deal overall, and within 1 week I picked up by Carbon Grey Pearl '07 TL with Navi with only 5 miles on it. Apparently, few other salesman had called in their people to lookat/purchase the car the day it was delivered not knowing it was sold a week before... my sales guy told me that one of the customers was quite rightly seriously pissed off that he made the trip all the way in only to find it was not even able to be test-driven!

When I picked it up, noticed that there were white dots behind the right rear passenger door and even a small scratch! when they looked at that they called thier owner out who told me that they "had a new guy on detailing" and that they took it right back and cleared it all out. Tried to get them to give me rubber mats in the process, but no luck. Anyway, he claimed he would give me a free detailing after the first big rainstorm... which acutally has not happened yet. Somehow doubt they will give it to me now, but lets wait and see.

When I had gone to Tustin Acura the first time... had to wait for someone to come show us the TL and as we were test-driving it, the guy barely said a word!! He did not even talk up the car! I had to try to make conversation and had to ask him to show me specific features! I went back 2 days later, spoke with someone else, and like others have said, it was like he was doing me a favor selling me the car. The best is that I had internet quotes in at the same time... did not hear from Tustin's internet people until 1 week after I purchased, they day I was picking up my car from South Coast! Overall glad I went to South Coast, at least for the sales...
As for service, should not be a problem that I take it to Tustin Acura for any future service since that is closer to me, correct? They should have no big complaints, correct?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:41 PM
I (don't) whine.

My experience at Tustin Acura has been nothing short of exceptional so far. I have noticed that all the salespeople at the dealerships at Tustin (not just acura) are real snobs. Again, service and sales are totally seperate.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:49 PM

unfortunately, it seems that service and sales are inversely related in general
Old 01-24-2007, 02:00 AM
4th Gear

Just bought car there last week

I just bought a 07 TL type S at South Coast Acura last week. South Coast Acura had the best price of the 3 dealers in the OC that I visited. I rejected the deals offered at Tustin Acura, and Norm Reeves Acura Mission Viejo, and walked out. The Tustin Acura dealer turned nasty when I would not budge from my offer to purchase their car at invoice -- the salesman was obnoxious when he tossed my registration (for my trade-in) back at me and unceremoniously concluded the negotiations. If the Tustin Acura salesman wasn't so unprofessional, I might have come back to buy the car if South Coast Acura did not have a better deal. The sales people at South Coast and Norm Reeves were all very pleasant.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ayethetiense
South Coast acura sucks for service. Not sure about their sales but I havent heard good overall.

Tustin Acura is actually pretty good at service but horrible at sales. The sales guys are usually pretty snobby over there. They think they're selling Ferraris to folks on welfare.

Mission Viejo has a very very good sales department. The manager is willing to help out as well. They will search for the exact car you want with no hesitation.

I bought my car from Thomas Acura and they're sales were OK, BUT their service department is awesome. Guys are really helpful and nice and they have no problems about aftermarket parts.
this guy is right. sales and service are 2 totally different department, they can vary. i also agree, i went to Tustin and the sales people were all snobby giving me the "wtf you doing here" look (that is why I bought elsewhere), while when I bring my car in Tustin for service twice and the service advisor treated me with great respect.

Go check out JD Power SSI and CSI scores. SSI measures sales and CSI measures service.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ayethetiense

got my tl at thomas acura as well. dealership was alright.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Banned

going to take my TL to Thomas Acura. Hope the reviews are accurate with their service dept!