3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

soon i will be in the market for a "new" used car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soon i will be in the market for a "new" used car!

i looking at a 04/05 TL and a 02-03 lexus gs300. I dont know what to get. But i love the GS300 it looks so sick to me. I also love the TL its a really nice car.

only mods i got planed if i get the gs300 drop staggered rims, front lip, and full audio system. with the TL OEM kit drop and rims and full audio.

I want to know what are your guys opinions on this. Even though i mite have a bunch of biased opinions lol.

As far as price range its only within 13-17k nothing more.

how big of a staggered wheel can the TL accept? how hard is it to install audio equipment in this car?
Old 05-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 208 Likes on 187 Posts
Many members will say that staggered rims dont really go with our cars because its a FWD and therefore has no real purpose. but if you want to do it for looks, then its all you.
As for the audio equipment, its not as easy as plug and play. you have to bypass the bose amp and its even harder when you have navi. but im sure people have done it.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aznboi2424
Many members will say that staggered rims dont really go with our cars because its a FWD and therefore has no real purpose. but if you want to do it for looks, then its all you.
As for the audio equipment, its not as easy as plug and play. you have to bypass the bose amp and its even harder when you have navi. but im sure people have done it.

well i guess that is the real question i was wanting answeredd. buts its koool. O and yea i know the audio isnt easy as plug and play. I wasnt planing on adding an aftermarket radio to a TL just a signal process by RF the 360.2 i think. and add my componentes rear speakers amps and subs. By passing a amp isnt no big deal just give me a wiring diagram and i can do it. i dont it on my chrysler when it had the infinity system! not hard at all just a lil know how!
Old 05-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
Originally Posted by aznboi2424
no bose amp in the 3G TL.

For the OP:
I would take the TL, it's newer and you could most likely find one where you could buy an extended warranty. Also the TL is much nicer and more unique. Setting up an audio system in the TL is not that hard, it just depends on the route you go. Keeping the factory amp and using an LOC or audio-processor after it is what most do, but the ones who are much more hardcore usually bypass the amp, use a line driver, then an audioprocessor. Also on the TL, it is much easier for the sub as you can just take the wires out of the factory sub and plug them into an amp.