Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some stupid B!@#$ Crashed my Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some stupid B!@#$ Crashed my Car

Yup just like the title says... This happened last night... some crazy girl had her psycho bf or husband trying to hit her or something so she got inside her Honda Pilot and locked her door. So the guy got in top of her jeep and started banging on her windshield like trying to break it... She started driving back and forth like trying to throw the guy off and in one she just put the car and reverse and stepped on it and Bang she hit my F!@#$%g car .. She left the scene so one of my friend got in his car and started following her but she stopped a car and came back to the scene... We did the police report and everything but I still havent called the insurance company.. Should I call my insurance company or her insurance company? I have never been in a accident before so I dont know it really works

Old 05-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Burning Brakes

DUDE WTF!! you may want to call her insurance company first and file the claim asap.... u don wanna be stuck with a f'ed up car.. ins companies these days take forever! (or atleast from my experience), but yea bro sorry to see your car messed up... I guess you can't stop stupidity...
Old 05-26-2008, 08:27 AM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that's messed up. definitely make her pay for the entire repair.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:34 AM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

it sucks to see this...but call your insurances 1st then let them deal with it since that is what why we pay premium for the car insurances...then contact this crazy bitch's insurances....
and where the hell do you leave? i need to stay away from there...

good luck
Old 05-26-2008, 08:39 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
ok that will be about 10-12k in damage... the wheel/tire will be replaced, and everythign behind it appears to have been damaged as the wheel is cambered... possible axle damage, maybe have even bent the chassis arm... that is alot of damage....
Old 05-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Aint Doing Sh*t

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Damn that's crazy!
Old 05-26-2008, 08:47 AM
I caught the mod flu

That's horrible man, just horrible. For your sake I hope the insurance company doesnt total the car. I've seen many cars get t-boned only to end up with a jacked fram...If that's the case, hope the insurance company takes care of ya!!

Looking at the pics, the damage doesnt appear to have been heavy enough of an impact to have caused fram damage.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Call your insurance company. Give them the name of the chick and her insurance company. They should do most of the work. You'll also have to stay on top of them.

Too bad for that chick. She's probably in an abusive relationship. I hope she gets the help she needs.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Advanced

dude... call your insurance.. you will have to pay your insurance deductible, but you will get it back in about 30 - 40 days or so.

If you let her insurance company cover it, they will nickle and dime you every step of the way and also will drag their feet. If you let your ins company handle it, you are THEIR customer. They will work harder, faster, and smarter for you and may even pay things that the other would not.

Trust me... i tried to be nice twice and had to go through mine cause i was getting screwed by their ins... trying to fix bumpers, replace with used parts, not replace others...

Call yours up, they will start the process and when they cut the check for repairs, it will just be minus your deductible. They are required to pay you your ded back with the FIRST funds they recieve from the other insurance company
Old 05-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JAB00
Call your insurance company. Give them the name of the chick and her insurance company. They should do most of the work. You'll also have to stay on top of them.

Too bad for that chick. She's probably in an abusive relationship. I hope she gets the help she needs.
If OP goes through his insurance company OP will have to use their deductible until they recoup it. If OP goes through the other person's insurance company she will have to use her deductible and the OP just has to sit and wait.

If at some point the OP is not happy with out its going they can then use their insurance company on their behalf but again will have to pay the deductible.

So go through her's. It sounds like a pretty open and shut case. I wouldn't be worried about it that much. I know the whole ordeal is frustrating but just be very picky about how the work is done. Thats about the best the OP can do.

D
Old 05-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
You pay your insurance agent for a reason- the other parties insurance is in the biz of saving themselves money. A recent event with a ziner tried going to theirs, who wanted to use aftermarket fenders etc, a call to his own insurer and now it was factory parts only!!

Call your insurance- make the poilce report- get copies of the report, write down all the detail you and friends remember
Since she did return, its not a hit and run- but very close to it!

Let your agent handle it with the other company, you get the deduct back in the end
and your car fixed quickly and correctly, or if its a loss...... well then you really want your person on it and in charge
You against a corporation- guess who gets screwed~
Old 05-26-2008, 12:22 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

you are in very, very bad hands with all state.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Me personally, I dont involve my own insurance company. In the event they are required then I contact them. Theyre insurance should have to pay, and will if the police report shows the person at fault is who they insure. They will call you to take a statement, call the other party to take there statement. Then request estimate (or multiple, depends). And then boom within a few days you have a check.

All of the wrecks I been in (not with the TL thank god), never once notified my insurance company cuz there was no need to.

Old 05-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
thats going to be one expensive repair, at least 8K. A bit will need to be replaced, and there could be even more damage underneath. Call the insuance company and file a claim, you can't dish out that much money for something you didn't do.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Used to live near mattapan...crazy area. I would have called the police so I would have a police report on the incident. I hope they were charged ..
Old 05-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I have a bad feeling that this lady does not have her sh!t together. In an ideal world, sitting back, relaxing and having a responsible person own up and take care of their mistake is optimal. Most likely if he leaves it up to her this thing will drag on forever and by the time it gets to his insurance company they'll be asking what took you so long.

Personally, I would let your insurance company know what happened. Provide the police report. Ask for your options to recoup the costs. They might say lets wait to see if the person owns up and takes care of it, if not then we'll go after them. At least you get them involved early enough so there are no surprises for anyone. Your insurance company does not want to pay if they can get someone else to pay. you're bolstered by a police report. Just my $0.02.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:30 PM
NTMD8

wow man.. I feel for you on that one...that totally sucks to be in wrong place at wrong time. Talk to her insurance company first hopefully you can settle it easily...but it should all be her payment and not yours.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Racer

you guys are wrong!

Insurance companies don't work like that at all!

Even if you call your insurance, it does not mean that you have to pay for your deductible, if it's not your fault. If it's not your fault (obviously here), the chick's insurance company will use the chick's property damage liability coverage to pay everything on your car. You need to hope that she has enough coverage.
Most people choose $10K property damage liability coverage here in California.

If she does not have enough coverage, you may be able to cover the difference from your uninsured motorist property damage coverage.

Both events will not affect your premium!

At least that's how it is in California.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Call YOUR insurance company. Thats what YOU pay them for, let THEM do the dirty work.

And did you contact the police? Do you have witnesses?
Old 05-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Your garage

Definitely call your insurance company, this is what you pay them for.
Good luck!
Old 05-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Call YOUR insurance company. Thats what YOU pay them for, let THEM do the dirty work.

And did you contact the police? Do you have witnesses?
I agree with everyone that said call your own insurance company and have them haggle it out with her insurance company. You're deductible will be recovered from that "at fault" party's insurance company. In the end you should come out paying nothing... well unless her liability coverage isn't enough. Good luck, bro.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:33 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Originally Posted by NNatic
dude... call your insurance.. you will have to pay your insurance deductible, but you will get it back in about 30 - 40 days or so.

If you let her insurance company cover it, they will nickle and dime you every step of the way and also will drag their feet. If you let your ins company handle it, you are THEIR customer. They will work harder, faster, and smarter for you and may even pay things that the other would not.

Trust me... i tried to be nice twice and had to go through mine cause i was getting screwed by their ins... trying to fix bumpers, replace with used parts, not replace others...

Call yours up, they will start the process and when they cut the check for repairs, it will just be minus your deductible. They are required to pay you your ded back with the FIRST funds they recieve from the other insurance company
While you should call your insurance as well, it should be all covered by HER insurance and NO deductible. You have the RIGHT to have whomever you want to repair your car. It sounds like this poster simply didn't know how to handle things and got abused.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by Edwardlanti
Yup just like the title says... This happened last night... some crazy girl had her psycho bf or husband trying to hit her or something so she got inside her Honda Pilot and locked her door. So the guy got in top of her jeep and started banging on her windshield like trying to break it... She started driving back and forth like trying to throw the guy off and in one she just put the car and reverse and stepped on it and Bang she hit my F!@#$%g car .. She left the scene so one of my friend got in his car and started following her but she stopped a car and came back to the scene... We did the police report and everything but I still havent called the insurance company.. Should I call my insurance company or her insurance company? I have never been in a accident before so I dont know it really works

Almost sounds like you got caught up in the filming of an episode of "Cheaters".
Old 05-26-2008, 09:09 PM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
noooo r u serious wtf..... i was next to ur car like 3 weeks ago and now this damn bro thats bs call her insurance asap!
Old 05-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RBP_04TL
noooo r u serious wtf..... i was next to ur car like 3 weeks ago and now this damn bro thats bs call her insurance asap!

I know man tell me about it lol...
Update: I already called my insurance and reported the accident and they told me that I have 2 obtions.. I can either do it with my insurance and pay my deductible and they will reimburse me back the money when the other insurance pay them back or I can go ahead and file the claim with the girls insurance.. The lady from my insurance said that the investigation shouldnt take that long since the car was parked and in the police report it should say that it was all her fault... I have to go the precint tomorrow and get the copy of the report so I can up her insurance.. Let's see how it goes... I am also planning to do it with friends shop too
Old 05-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Team Owner

get estimates from a few shops- have the work done where you want, but show due diligence-- as their estimator will not find several things your buddy will!

Act fast- as the police report on the incident may land her in jail on attempted muder or assault charges!!!
You cant drive with someone on the hood- regardless of situation- now you are in a deadly weapon, with wheels!
Just pointing the car at someone and driving towards them is assault- imenent threat of bodily injury

Use your insurance- they know how to deal with other companies- its their job and if you are willing to do it for them, are they going to give you a discount rate? no!!!
If you have pics of your car from a few weeks prior to accident- that will prove the extra clean condition of it- what it needs to be returned to after repairs.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:38 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That wheel is bent inwards?! You will need a new control arm for sure, and it could be worse, aluminum subframe might have been damaged, and I'm betting it is, that's 10hrs of labor to fix right there.

I hit the curb with my wheel and had to do $2.5K worth of repairs, bent subframe, control arm and a few minor parts.

Make sure you get a paid for depretiation value, look it up on some forums people have gotten paid for diminished vehicle value (because the car is worth less even if its restored to the state it was because its been in an accident) from the person who crashed into them.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:28 AM
Safety Car

ouch damn that sux....she'd have a dent in her face before id call the insurance company lol.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:58 AM
Team Owner

I think she was trying to avoid the dent in the face- thats what started the situation!
This is why we pay insurance, carry uninsured- underinsured and alway pay the extra for comprehensive which covers your car on broken glass and damage while parked

With repairs on some cars costing 10-20K, its wise to carry higher limits on your coverage just in case-
Old 05-27-2008, 12:16 PM
B A N N E D

diablo edward forreal like RBP_04TL said we was next to your car not to long ago... good luck do not let the insurance shop fix your car HELL NO... do it somewhere else.... good luck on the repairs fuckkkk... i seen your title on myspace that's i asked i come to AZINE... and see this...
Old 05-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cisko TLS
diablo edward forreal like RBP_04TL said we was next to your car not to long ago... good luck do not let the insurance shop fix your car HELL NO... do it somewhere else.... good luck on the repairs fuckkkk... i seen your title on myspace that's i asked i come to AZINE... and see this...
I know man... The good thing is that the damage is not as huge as it looks... The frame of the body didnt bend or anything... Well I hope so... The car is in the shop right now just waiting for the police department to move their asses so I can get the copy of the report
Old 05-27-2008, 12:26 PM
2009 g37s 6mt

sorry about ur accident, if you are in queens and wanna profit from this....pm me....
Old 05-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Safety Car

damn ssm thats the stupidest thing anyone could have ever posted
Old 05-27-2008, 12:44 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
You should never need to contact somebody elses insurance company. There was an accident, call the people you pay to take care of accidents. That's what they do.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Pro

I don't get where everyone thinks their own insurance company will treat them better than the other persons insurance company or pay out more. Both are about the bottom line. They do what it takes to keep them out of the red and in the black financially. What if this said person has the same insurance carrier? Anyways there is no guarantee that they will use oem parts just because they are your insurer or give you more. Also that deductible may take months to get back.

D
Old 05-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Team Owner

This is not about who pays out more-
you pay for insurance and part of the companies job is dealing with accidents- your fault or not
They will work to get their customers car back to its good condition, while the other persons company- if dealing with you direct- figures they can screw you easier! Tell you they only pay for crap parts etc- while your company can demand correct parts
Its a fact of life
Use your company to get the correct parts and done in a timely manner
You dont pay the deduct- its not your fault!!!

Search for other recent examples of this exact thing- other company said aftermarket, ziner called the agent into it, and suddenly it was all OEM supplied was approved
Old 05-27-2008, 04:34 PM
2006 Acura TL

Originally Posted by Edwardlanti

You call your insurance and they will do the rest for you. DO NOT CONTACT THEIR INSURANCE COMPANY. Their is nothing they can do or will do. It is up to your carrier to go after them not you. That is one of the reasons why we have insurance. I just hope you have a good carrier and a good policy. Also, do not take it to a private repair shop. Take it to Acura for the OEM replacements as they will do a better job.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Racer

I too think you should go through your own insurance and let them go after the woman's insurance. I have had a few claims over the years and to give State Farm credit (or I should say my broker) they went aggressively after the other party (neither accident was my fault). I believe one of the two times the other insurance was some small company who didn't want to do battle with State Farm when their client was in the wrong. I have even gotten my deductable back at least one of the times.

Document everything and follow up will calls at least a few times a week. You have to stay on top of it sometimes get it resolved quickly and properly.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
This is not about who pays out more-
you pay for insurance and part of the companies job is dealing with accidents- your fault or not
They will work to get their customers car back to its good condition, while the other persons company- if dealing with you direct- figures they can screw you easier! Tell you they only pay for crap parts etc- while your company can demand correct parts
Its a fact of life
Use your company to get the correct parts and done in a timely manner
You dont pay the deduct- its not your fault!!!

Search for other recent examples of this exact thing- other company said aftermarket, ziner called the agent into it, and suddenly it was all OEM supplied was approved
But the OP already stated they called their insurance company and said that they will have to pay a deductible. And hate to say this but their own insurance company will do the same when it comes to parts. I've been there and done that. I had to file a claim under uninsured motorist once when my car was hit while parked.

D
Old 05-27-2008, 05:15 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by don5504
I don't get where everyone thinks their own insurance company will treat them better than the other persons insurance company or pay out more. Both are about the bottom line. They do what it takes to keep them out of the red and in the black financially. What if this said person has the same insurance carrier? Anyways there is no guarantee that they will use oem parts just because they are your insurer or give you more. Also that deductible may take months to get back.

D
It's very simple. You have an ongoing business relationship with your insurance company. They would like for that to continue. In the case of an accident you are on the same team and desire similar outcomes. They are the professionals that you have paid to represent you against the enemy, anyone who has harmed or could harm your relationship with them.

The other insurance company owes you nothing. In fact if they could make you disappear they would do just that. Once they get you to sign off on their offer they never want to talk to you again. You have a negative effect on their bottom line. They don't know you and have little incentive to make you happy long term. It's not personal, just business.

If you and the other party have the same insurance, the insurance company wants to make everyone happy and protect their profits at the same time. Like the person that replied after your post said, usually if not you fault, no deductible is collected from you. All of this assumes that you have a typical insurance policy with a professional company.

Quick Reply: Some stupid B!@#$ Crashed my Car