3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some RonJon body-kit progress, 3D rendered images!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Tajam
how much are they?
here's a general price list for them retail. there will be 10% off for board members during a group buy period of time. call in for anymore info:

Old 04-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Team SSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh ok, thanks for the info

I'll probably wait for group buy then
Old 04-12-2004, 06:34 PM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by rondog
I think this si it, my neverending quest for the pefect balance of an aggressive kit with class and it is different enough to make it unique. makes the other designs look boxy, I think. check it:
Out of all the kit...this is the best one!! I think you finally in the right track compare to your first few ones that looked likes something dark vader would drive.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
offer the wheels in black or gunmetal pleeeaaaaaassssseeeeeee
Old 04-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Banned

here's a general price list for them retail. there will be 10% off for board members during a group buy period of time. call in for anymore info:

Could you please also give us the weights of the wheels.

Thanks.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

I think this si it, my neverending quest for the pefect balance of an aggressive kit with class and it is different enough to make it unique. makes the other designs look boxy, I think. check it:
I'd like to see an option for just a mesh grille with or without the Acura logo with no cross member.

I think the little vent detail in front of the rear wheel rocks!
Old 04-17-2004, 06:24 PM
Team SSM

Ron keep us updated
Old 04-17-2004, 06:33 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Ron:

Go away. The TL is a luxury car. Sell your ridiculous designs over in the Accord forums where they belong.

No one in the Rolex forums hocks stainless-steel bolt-on's that make my Submarnier look like a Timex. Shouldn't happen in here either.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by boltjames
Ron:

Go away. The TL is a luxury car. Sell your ridiculous designs over in the Accord forums where they belong.

No one in the Rolex forums hocks stainless-steel bolt-on's that make it look like a Timex. Shouldn't happen in here either.
Then don't buy it. No one is forcing you to buy it. Obviously, people like it. What's with the hostility?
Old 04-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by TLover
Then don't buy it. No one is forcing you to buy it. Obviously, people like it. What's with the hostility?
No hostility, just tryin' to keep it real bro. The TL is a luxury car from Acura which is a luxury brand of the Honda corporation. If too many people start seeing these plastic monstrousities on the road, they're going to think less of my TL. Knocks down the prestige when I own it and knocks down the resale value when it's time to move on.

It's a luxury car built for 40 year old executive dad's to have some sporty excitement in. For these ugly kits, the audience is very limited, the designs are ugly as sin, and it brings down the Acura brand and the TL's luxury appeal. Some lowering and some chrome never hurt anyone, but these bolt-on's are brutal.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by cTLgo
offer the wheels in black or gunmetal pleeeaaaaaassssseeeeeee
Old 04-17-2004, 07:24 PM
Renaissance Man

Thumbs down

No hostility, just tryin' to keep it real bro. The TL is a luxury car from Acura which is a luxury brand of the Honda corporation. If too many people start seeing these plastic monstrousities on the road, they're going to think less of my TL. Knocks down the prestige when I own it and knocks down the resale value when it's time to move on.

It's a luxury car built for 40 year old executive dad's to have some sporty excitement in. For these ugly kits, the audience is very limited, the designs are ugly as sin, and it brings down the Acura brand and the TL's luxury appeal. Some lowering and some chrome never hurt anyone, but these bolt-on's are brutal.
I'm a 22-year-old single industrial designer. Does that mean I can't buy the car? This car was not designed for a certain demographic. These kits are. Just because you are a 40 year old dad who doesn't fit into the kits' dmeographic doesn't mean everyone else who bought the car is.

Based on your statements, Brabus shouldn't do what they do to the Mercedes S-Class because they're designed for retired folks who drive slow. But you know what, a twin-turbo V12 with 640 hp sounds pretty damned good to me. If I had the money, I'd buy one. Same goes for these body kits. rondog is putting an awful lot of time, money, and effort into making these a reality. Please take your rain and place it onto someone else's parade.

Sean

PS </rant>
Old 04-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by flanagan
I'm a 22-year-old single industrial designer. Does that mean I can't buy the car? This car was not designed for a certain demographic. These kits are. Just because you are a 40 year old dad who doesn't fit into the kits' dmeographic doesn't mean everyone else who bought the car is.

Based on your statements, Brabus shouldn't do what they do to the Mercedes S-Class because they're designed for retired folks who drive slow. But you know what, a twin-turbo V12 with 640 hp sounds pretty damned good to me. If I had the money, I'd buy one. Same goes for these body kits. rondog is putting an awful lot of time, money, and effort into making these a reality. Please take your rain and place it onto someone else's parade.

Sean

PS </rant>
What exactly are you going to do with 640 HP? Do you rent track time with your friends and race each other on weekends? Or are you just another young lamer looking to impress himself by going from 0-60 in five seconds between stoplights on the 30 MPH road that leads to the mall?

Same thing for your taste in plastic aftermarketware. You really think that anyone other than 16 year olds enlisted in the Army are giving you props for rolling a joke of a car by the multiplex? Be real. If the 10% of the population that say "cool" is worth the mocking by the 90% of the population that bursts out in laughter, then more power to you.

All I'm saying is that there are *other* cars worthy of these types of mod kits and that the ones that ron is subjecting us to are nauseating. Trust me, there is a greater market to appeal to older customers with more 'mature' looking mod kits. You mention Mercedes? Those AMG's have just the right amount of needless bling to make them racy but not so much as to be laughable on city streets.

Ron- here's a challenge:

Give us a rendering of a *subtle* and *classy* and *dignified* kit for a TL. One that adds *luxury* and *sophistication*, and not one that is supposed to appeal to my 18 year old inner child. I don't listen to Styx anymore.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:54 AM
Racer

boltjames- TL was never a total luxury car. Its a entry-lux sport sedan. There are many peepz here that enjoy making out TLs looking sporty and "young" and there is NOTHING wrong with that.

Ronjon is investing his time and money while NO ONE else is giving the chance. If you don't like it, then just leave it alone and spend more time on your team camel activities.

I enjoy ROnjon's wheels and his bodykits too. Its appealing and acura always had "bodykits" on all their line.....RL and MDX no included.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:31 AM
Renaissance Man

What exactly are you going to do with 640 HP? Do you rent track time with your friends and race each other on weekends? Or are you just another young lamer looking to impress himself by going from 0-60 in five seconds between stoplights on the 30 MPH road that leads to the mall?

Same thing for your taste in plastic aftermarketware. You really think that anyone other than 16 year olds enlisted in the Army are giving you props for rolling a joke of a car by the multiplex? Be real. If the 10% of the population that say "cool" is worth the mocking by the 90% of the population that bursts out in laughter, then more power to you.

All I'm saying is that there are *other* cars worthy of these types of mod kits and that the ones that ron is subjecting us to are nauseating. Trust me, there is a greater market to appeal to older customers with more 'mature' looking mod kits. You mention Mercedes? Those AMG's have just the right amount of needless bling to make them racy but not so much as to be laughable on city streets.

Ron- here's a challenge:

Give us a rendering of a *subtle* and *classy* and *dignified* kit for a TL. One that adds *luxury* and *sophistication*, and not one that is supposed to appeal to my 18 year old inner child. I don't listen to Styx anymore.
Please stop with your inflamatory comments. We're not trying to "look cool" or be "young lamer"s (whatever that means). I don't "roll" my "joke of a car" anywhere. I don't care who thinks my car looks cool, as long as I do.

Ron's style isn't subtle, classy, or dignified (no offense, ron ). It's aggressive and racy. Take a look at some of the renderings I had done in ron's previous thread. Those, IMO, are more subtle. However, they were not ron's style, so he's not going to put his time, money, and effort into producing them. I absolutely respect that. I would like to put my time, money, and effort into producing a bodykit myself, but I have neither the time nor the money. Thus, I am fully supporting ron in his efforts. (We industrial designers have to stick together!)

Once again, ron, keep up the good work. The industry needs more people like you to take the initiative and risks to produce components for such a niche market.

Sean
Old 04-18-2004, 01:11 PM
holla!

What exactly are you going to do with 640 HP?

ummm, what arnt u gonna do with 640 hp is the question

are u really that insecure about your car that if see dudes running around with silly kits on it that its going to make your car look bad? first of all if u can design ur own kit for a car and actually go through with it, ur the fucking man in my book. Second of all these are prototypes and we should respect this guy to going where he will get the best feedback on his design, because i would say once it hits the shelf, its gonna be the best lookin kit around because of all the input hes getting (we should charge him for our time haha).

criticism (its ugly etc) is fine but ur a fool if ur gonna tell this guy to go away

keep up the good work folks keep us UPDATED
Old 04-18-2004, 03:29 PM
Intermediate

rear suggestion

i dont have a 2004 TL but i think that something like the bmw concept m5 rear would look cool on the TL. i know that the 04 TL does not have quad exhaust, but im sure Ron could work around that. just a suggestion...here're the bmw m5 concept...

-Samir
Old 04-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by flanagan
Please stop with your inflamatory comments. We're not trying to "look cool" or be "young lamer"s (whatever that means). I don't "roll" my "joke of a car" anywhere. I don't care who thinks my car looks cool, as long as I do.

Ron's style isn't subtle, classy, or dignified (no offense, ron ). It's aggressive and racy. Take a look at some of the renderings I had done in ron's previous thread. Those, IMO, are more subtle. However, they were not ron's style, so he's not going to put his time, money, and effort into producing them. I absolutely respect that. I would like to put my time, money, and effort into producing a bodykit myself, but I have neither the time nor the money. Thus, I am fully supporting ron in his efforts. (We industrial designers have to stick together!)

Once again, ron, keep up the good work. The industry needs more people like you to take the initiative and risks to produce components for such a niche market.

Sean
Sean:

I spoke to Honda and they agree that you're not the TL customer they're looking for. As such, they're going to contact you about a trade in- your TL for a riced Accord 2-door. It's really fast and it's really designed to get 18 year old girls all moist.....you'll love it. You're not worthy of the TL.

Bolt
Old 04-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Team SSM

Im happy I didnt go with camel.

ooooh
Old 04-18-2004, 08:08 PM
Zaino under fingernails

Very funny, Tajam! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Old 04-18-2004, 11:07 PM
Lastdra900n

Sean:

I spoke to Honda and they agree that you're not the TL customer they're looking for. As such, they're going to contact you about a trade in- your TL for a riced Accord 2-door. It's really fast and it's really designed to get 18 year old girls all moist.....you'll love it. You're not worthy of the TL.

Bolt
wow i wasnt going to say anything about this boltjames guy because hes just like "harddrivin" but that worst probably the worst come back ive ever heard. tell us another one you oaf. and keep up the good work ron.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:46 PM
Racer

Sweet...........

Originally Posted by cTLgo
this design is best, clean, decent agressiveness and still is functional. good job

Totally agree....but I like the aggressiveness....Ron, make it a reality......
Old 04-19-2004, 12:06 AM
Renaissance Man

Sean:

Bolt
It's a good thing I haven't purchased a TL yet! I better stick with my CL and pimp that shit OUT! :thefinger
Old 04-19-2004, 12:42 AM
Racer

bolt has a point to a degree. yes you can fuck your car up all you want after all it is yours. you will be just like the idiots I saw all day today with 3 series bmws totally fucked up with wack rims and coffee can mufflers. some people just are classless and tacky and it doesnt matter if they own a neon or a rolls royce. they will fuck those cars up and think they are 'dope' or whatever the word du jour is meaning cool. put on your neon, huge solar clothes dryer/wing , coffee can mufflers, and 'dubs' to your hearts content. what will happen is what i saw some harley guys do to a douche bag driving a 15 year old vette with the stupid and probably fake extra gauges hanging off his a pillar and humongous wheels. they made a point of pulling up next to him and laughing at him and dissing his baseball cap wearing loser ass. which he deserved. he actually got smoked during a senseless drag race between red lights which had to be at most a quarter mile apart. so if you want to follow along with the rest of the stupid fast and furious crowd and drag your tl down to your tacky level thats fine. dont be surprised when things like what bolt said are echoed by others.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:34 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by digital_b
bolt has a point to a degree. yes you can fuck your car up all you want after all it is yours. you will be just like the idiots I saw all day today with 3 series bmws totally fucked up with wack rims and coffee can mufflers. some people just are classless and tacky and it doesnt matter if they own a neon or a rolls royce. they will fuck those cars up and think they are 'dope' or whatever the word du jour is meaning cool. put on your neon, huge solar clothes dryer/wing , coffee can mufflers, and 'dubs' to your hearts content. what will happen is what i saw some harley guys do to a douche bag driving a 15 year old vette with the stupid and probably fake extra gauges hanging off his a pillar and humongous wheels. they made a point of pulling up next to him and laughing at him and dissing his baseball cap wearing loser ass. which he deserved. he actually got smoked during a senseless drag race between red lights which had to be at most a quarter mile apart. so if you want to follow along with the rest of the stupid fast and furious crowd and drag your tl down to your tacky level thats fine. dont be surprised when things like what bolt said are echoed by others.
Thank you Mr. Digital B. I knew I couldn't be alone in laughing my ass off every time I see some idiot with a souped-up economy car. The thought that these people spend upwards of $5k to make their nightmares a reality is just the icing on the cake.

What I like best of all is how these people congregate. No, it's not enough to just drive around being a rich white kid doing a black kid impersonation. No, you've got to get together in packs and park in some lot and look at each other's rides.

Reminds me of those comic book collectors.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:58 PM
holla!

u guys are totally ignorant to the real world. Do you not agree that many cars, namely japanese imports, a body kit can look awesome? shit i see 40 yearold guys driving around on trucks with 20+ inch chrome here in LA, (white guys) because its a fact that it does look good with the right rim. the second generation TL looks phenomonal with a body kit, shit even acura makes a body kit for their own car, what does that say. I actually do not think the style of the 3g TL calls for a body kit, but who are you to decide that no, no extra bodywork will do anything for this car, it will only degrade it. let the guy do some R&D and see what the outcome is, do u know what a prototype is? have u ever seen a concept car, it is usually so much more crazy than the final product because you try to do this wild thing, and then u apply some real world to it. do u think styling should be left to the design departments of the car companies only? sure a few good and bad designs come out, but its part of learning how to make something better than you had before
Old 04-20-2004, 12:02 AM
Renaissance Man

Lightbulb

Thank you Mr. Digital B. I knew I couldn't be alone in laughing my ass off every time I see some idiot with a souped-up economy car. The thought that these people spend upwards of $5k to make their nightmares a reality is just the icing on the cake.

What I like best of all is how these people congregate. No, it's not enough to just drive around being a rich white kid doing a black kid impersonation. No, you've got to get together in packs and park in some lot and look at each other's rides.

Reminds me of those comic book collectors.
I agree 100% with you about hopped up economy cars. I laugh out loud whenever I see one. However, ron's work can't be put into that league. To borrow a phrase, it's not only nor in the same ballpark, it's in a different sport in another country. I am most offended that you are putting his hard work into the same sentence with the likes of Pep Boys racers with leaky APC taillights and farting universal mufflers rolling on cut springs in their 106 hp Civic which sports an unpainted fiberglass bodykit that's held on with wood screws and duct tape :rocketwho. Ron is making sure this fits the deisgn cues of the TL, both in its production form and the original concept (as well as the A-Spec Concept). Something tells me that TL owners wouldn't purchase the kit if it were any other way. If Wings West were to make one of their ridiculous standard "Big Mouth Bumpers" for the TL , noone would give it a second glance, except to giggle.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:39 AM
Racer

flanagan youre missing the point. the problem is that a lot of those dumbasses are now becoming tl owners. if you want to see the idiots we are talking about all you have to do is go driving ANYWHERE there's likely to be many people out [the assholes live for crowds of people] and you will see one every minute drive buy loudly in most cases in their travesty-mobiles. better yet watch this show that comes on tuesday nights on speed channel called 'tuner transformation'. nothing but douche bags there. some people resent what happens to good cars in the hand of morons. however it is a free country and you can do whatever you want. there is a price you will pay however oblivious you are to it.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:19 AM
Instructor

I hate to chime in on this debate but what I want to say here is that those "dumbasses" not only come with the economy cars but also with the Benzes BMW's Bentleys etc. Look at DUBS or even RIDEs or any other magazine that represents high end cars. half of the stuff they do to their rides I would never do, but hey, if you got the money and it's your thing, who is going to stop you.
I know you all want to preserve the image of the TL but you need to be realistic about the whole thing. It is an affordable midsized Honda with great styling and in the upcoming years you re going to see more and more of them "tricked" out.
I commend what Ron is doing. I don't know of many people asking opinions on forums while in the process of creating. Maybe you don't like the designs. No problem, but instead of flaming others that might like it, try taking a different approach.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:04 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ron,

Keep on designing. It's better sometimes to offer a "buffet" than one set "meal". Your designs are sweet. Can you give us a rendering of the a-spec tl front-end thats on the "tl concept"? Peace....'Solo.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Racer

Ron Holla Back!!!!! I Need Them Kits Already!!!!!

Don"t Mind The Old Farts. Lol!
Old 06-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Cruisin'

did anyone watch tuner trandformation last night? no and if you were a real car guy you would have enjoyed most of it. the took a minicooper S adn added a superchager to give it 200 HP and a limited slip diff. they also gave it a stupid spider web graphic. but thats besides thepoint his 200Hp mini will cook our 270 HP TL's
Old 06-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Racer

tuner transformation sucks. its for douchebags who buy 5-9 year old cars or already crappy new cars [fast and the futureless] and put the same tired mods on EVERY FUCKING CAR they do. its jackass tv for jackasses namely high school or less educated morons spending every dime they have on shitty cars so they can try to get mall skanks to look at them while pretending they are hot rodders. if you are really into cars watch sports car revolution. its for grown ups.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Life is good.

Sorry, they kinda look like the new chrysler 300 (like ass). Keep it clean.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:29 PM
Racer

blufox, I maded the floor mats with diamond cut sheets and a little silcon to glue them to the stock mats. I did a little fine tuning and made the kit a little more subtle. toned down the lines a bit but kept the overall look the same. I like flanagan's design direction, but I am obviously going to like mine better, heh. so here is the adjusted kit. I'm doing the sides and rear soon too. I'm going to model the car in an anthracite paint finish with the ronjon wheels for presentation purposes. Wait till you guys see the whole thing, it's gonna look better finished completely.

man i cant wait to see it in person. looks hot.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:11 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Didn't 'Night Rider' go off the air in the 1980's?

BJ
Old 06-23-2004, 09:40 PM
GÜNnµ ¡Ï

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Didn't 'Night Rider' go off the air in the 1980's?

BJ

He's actually at universal studios right now making money......
Old 06-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Grill looks good, like the CTS-V, the kit I could do without.
Old 06-24-2004, 08:33 AM
Intermediate

Ron,

If you need a test car to throw all that stuff on. I'd be more than happy to let you test out the new gear on my Black on Black.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:21 AM
Team Camel Chief Justice

well regardless, im still in for the group buy of those rims. anyone interested?

Quick Reply: Some RonJon body-kit progress, 3D rendered images!