Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some a$$ almost side swipped me!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Team Nighthawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some A$$ almost side swipped me.

Ok, its 9am and here I am going to work through my normal route. Its the fastest way but not my preffered way to go. Anyways the road is a bit crowded and there is some minor contruction going on. I noticed a car next to me and I really couldn't move up to far or slow down to get away from it. Next thing I see in the corner of my left eye (was in the right lane) was the car steering into my lane while I am still there. The f*cker wasn't paying attention. He was comming pretty fast and my first reaction was to steer right not to get hit. Just a gut thing to do since I couldn't stop or slow down because of all the cars around. Well I drove right into the cement curb and scratched up the rims. Pretty deep at the edges. The a$$ than noticed and moved back into his lane. Thank god he didn't hit me! I was so mad I didn't even think about getting his license plates and I just pulled over to look at the damages. Body of car was fine at least just the rims.

Called dealer and they said they can fix it back to factory new of 99.95 per rim...I thought that wasn't a bad deal. Buts its still 200.00 bucks out of my pocket.

Thanks for listening.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:36 AM
Team Nighthawk

Some a$$ almost side swipped me!

Ok, its 9am and here I am going to work through my normal route. Its the fastest way but not my preffered way to go. Anyways the road is a bit crowded and there is some minor contruction going on. I noticed a car next to me and I really couldn't move up to far or slow down to get away from it. Next thing I see in the corner of my left eye (was in the right lane) was the car steering into my lane while I am still there. The f*cker wasn't paying attention. He was comming pretty fast and my first reaction was to steer right not to get hit. Just a gut thing to do since I couldn't stop or slow down because of all the cars around. Well I drove right into the cement curb and scratched up the rims. Pretty deep at the edges. The a$$ than noticed and moved back into his lane. Thank god he didn't hit me! I was so mad I didn't even think about getting his license plates and I just pulled over to look at the damages. Body of car was fine at least, just the rims.

Called dealer and they said they can fix it back to factory new for $99.95 per rim...I thought that wasn't a bad deal. Buts its still 200.00 bucks out of my pocket.

Thanks for listening.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:44 AM
Racer

Man sorry to hear that but like you said it could have been worse. Good Luck with that.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Instructor

Damn what a rough experience .. at least its pretty minimal and no body dmg. 200 isnt to bad either
Old 08-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats why we got the tire and rim protection thing for 300. As soon as my dad lets my mom drive(the woman aims for potholes) it will have paid for itself. I would have called him in for reckless driving.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:10 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Theres a reason cars have horns, this would definitely be one of them.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Team Nighthawk

Somehow this posted while I was writing it. The correct post is Titled: Some A$$ almost side swipped me.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:21 PM
6MT & LSD

Originally Posted by leedogg
Theres a reason cars have horns, this would definitely be one of them.
The way I see it, if you have time to use your horn, you also have time to avoid the jackass without any problem. Obviously, this jackass surprised Phillyboi...

How are your tires, Phillyboi? If you're running on stocks, and the wheels just have cosmetic damages, get 'em repaired when you need to get new tires... imo, it'll save you the mounting/dismounting cost.

Glad to hear the damage was minimal, though.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by Phillyboi
Somehow this posted while I was writing it. The correct post is Titled: Some A$$ almost side swipped me.
Fixed it up for you.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:40 AM
Team Nighthawk

Originally Posted by ndx2
The way I see it, if you have time to use your horn, you also have time to avoid the jackass without any problem. Obviously, this jackass surprised Phillyboi...

How are your tires, Phillyboi? If you're running on stocks, and the wheels just have cosmetic damages, get 'em repaired when you need to get new tires... imo, it'll save you the mounting/dismounting cost.

Glad to hear the damage was minimal, though.
Your right, when I was about to be hit, a horn would not have not anything at this point besides moving the car over. My tires looked fine, but the edge of the stock wheels have been scratched. The dealer was charging me 99.95 for each wheel repaired. Wouldn't matter about mounting/dismounting i guess.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:15 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
HERE
Originally Posted by Phillyboi
Ok, its 9am and here I am going to work through my normal route. Its the fastest way but not my preffered way to go. Anyways the road is a bit crowded and there is some minor contruction going on. I noticed a car next to me and I really couldn't move up to far or slow down to get away from it. Next thing I see in the corner of my left eye (was in the right lane) was the car steering into my lane while I am still there. The f*cker wasn't paying attention. He was comming pretty fast and my first reaction was to steer right not to get hit. Just a gut thing to do since I couldn't stop or slow down because of all the cars around. Well I drove right into the cement curb and scratched up the rims. Pretty deep at the edges. The a$$ than noticed and moved back into his lane. Thank god he didn't hit me! I was so mad I didn't even think about getting his license plates and I just pulled over to look at the damages. Body of car was fine at least just the rims.

Called dealer and they said they can fix it back to factory new of 99.95 per rim...I thought that wasn't a bad deal. Buts its still 200.00 bucks out of my pocket.

Thanks for listening.

was he on a cell phone? If I weren't in the TL and my other car I would probably have let the guy hit me.

sorry to hear about your mishap, $99.95 per rim is a pretty good deal. You may can get better though. I got two of my rims restored to factory for $100 total. See HERE
Old 08-29-2005, 07:21 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymjb
Thats why we got the tire and rim protection thing for 300. As soon as my dad lets my mom drive(the woman aims for potholes) it will have paid for itself. I would have called him in for reckless driving.
if you have the same tire and rim protection that I have, then it is worthless. it only covers if the rim is damaged to the point where it causes your tire to leak air. cosmetic damages are not covered. Check this out. A lot of us including me got suckered into to buying this crap because the person told us that curb and other cosmetic damages are covered.