Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I finally got nailed...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Acuras Only in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CL Platano
How ridiculous is it to tow a car for no plate, the people who make these laws need to get slapped.
One other thought, ppl who made this law need to be get punished by doing car wash for us ... a lot easier to wash cars without the plate on, right?
Old 07-14-2007, 04:32 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HEK
I use to take the tag off my RSX-S and never had a problem with the LAW.......now that I have mt TL I figured that I can't be bothered with COPS flagging me down for such stupid reason........so I've kept it on and have grown used to it....oh well.......
ive acutally gotten used to my front plate being on. well, its just been a few days, but still. its kinda grown on me. i'm sure most of you, if not almost every1 won't agree, but i kinda like it. it's like a new mod i did to my car that gives me a bit of camouflage from the cops.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:56 PM
There's alot of asian in

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I got away twice by going to court saying that i just got the car painted

I have a friend who own a body shop so he made me a fake payment bill so i can show as proof that it was just recently painted and i didnt get a chance to put it on yet =)

I dont want to put up a license plate cause I like the letters ACURA to show up =)
Old 07-14-2007, 07:18 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Xpditor
What's a front tag?

Move to Florida.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knowing you, I'm pretty surprised you didn't have the whole plan mapped out before you ever got busted.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:12 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew McCarthy
Knowing you, I'm pretty surprised you didn't have the whole plan mapped out before you ever got busted.
plan a) avoid getting busted.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:31 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got pulled over by Maryland State Trooper not because of my tint or speeding, it's b/c of my front tag...

Trooper: "Good Morning, (state trooper intro), I pulled you over b/c in the state of MD you're required to have two tags on a vehicle. May I see your license and registration please.

Me: No Problem sir, here you go

(He goes and examines my front bumper)

Trooper: Apparently there are two holes in your bumper, did you recently get into an accident or something?

(I'm thinking to myself...is he serious??? My two holes leads up to being in an accident, great you just gave me an idea!)

Me: Oh I'm sorry sir, the reason is that I just recently got into an accident and I just received my dealership body kit to replace my front bumper. So with the '07 TLs as you can see the two holes...those aren't for the license plates, they're for the bracket that HOLDS the license plate in place so you don't screw directly into the bumper, it's just how the car is designed, so I ordered my bracket this week, so when the bracket comes in, I'll be sure to put i on ASAP"

Trooper: Oh...I see, hmmm OK, well here's your license and registration back and here's just a warning b/c you were very polite and respectful, and make sure you drive safe now, alright?

Me: NO PROBLEM

So behind this story plead guilty with an explaination and tell the judge that the reason why you didn't have the front tag is b/c you got your front bumper replaced due to an accident and therefore the bracket that holds the plate was cracked so you couldn't put the front tag on anyways, so once the bracket you ordered comes in, you'll be sure to put it on ASAP...

I think that excuse is legitiment but no guaruntees....

also take your bracket and beat it up like it has been into an accident and show it as proof...
Old 07-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Poetic Front License

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practice to deceive." -Sir Walter Scott
Old 07-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Your mom is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MMJK84
I got pulled over by Maryland State Trooper not because of my tint or speeding, it's b/c of my front tag...

Trooper: "Good Morning, (state trooper intro), I pulled you over b/c in the state of MD you're required to have two tags on a vehicle. May I see your license and registration please.

Me: No Problem sir, here you go

(He goes and examines my front bumper)

Trooper: Apparently there are two holes in your bumper, did you recently get into an accident or something?

(I'm thinking to myself...is he serious??? My two holes leads up to being in an accident, great you just gave me an idea!)

Me: Oh I'm sorry sir, the reason is that I just recently got into an accident and I just received my dealership body kit to replace my front bumper. So with the '07 TLs as you can see the two holes...those aren't for the license plates, they're for the bracket that HOLDS the license plate in place so you don't screw directly into the bumper, it's just how the car is designed, so I ordered my bracket this week, so when the bracket comes in, I'll be sure to put i on ASAP"

Trooper: Oh...I see, hmmm OK, well here's your license and registration back and here's just a warning b/c you were very polite and respectful, and make sure you drive safe now, alright?

Me: NO PROBLEM

So behind this story plead guilty with an explaination and tell the judge that the reason why you didn't have the front tag is b/c you got your front bumper replaced due to an accident and therefore the bracket that holds the plate was cracked so you couldn't put the front tag on anyways, so once the bracket you ordered comes in, you'll be sure to put it on ASAP...

I think that excuse is legitiment but no guaruntees....

also take your bracket and beat it up like it has been into an accident and show it as proof...

LOL i love it
Old 07-16-2007, 10:19 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
This may sound odd, but I actually probably wouldnt have minded so much if it was a maryland ticket, and if an officer had pulled me over for it. But the fact that it was a parked vehicle in DC, I think they simply care more about generating revenue than a concern for upholding the laws of another state...
Old 07-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
I'm sooooo glad Arizona does not require a front plate!
Old 07-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by leedogg
This may sound odd, but I actually probably wouldnt have minded so much if it was a maryland ticket, and if an officer had pulled me over for it. But the fact that it was a parked vehicle in DC, I think they simply care more about generating revenue than a concern for upholding the laws of another state...
Yeah true...I mean D.C doesn't really mean District of Columbia anymore with vehicle law enforcement issues...it's more like Dick City or Dick Cops...lol...but I can't hate on them, I have couple of cops and trooper friends haha
Old 07-17-2007, 04:34 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jay0k
What's the reason for a front plate in the first place?
Here in SoCal, its so red light cameras can capture you.

That sucks Lee, but $50 isn't too bad. Just consider it one of your cheaper mods.