Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I finally did it..

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:35 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I finally did it..

Girlfriend is pregnant and due in 7 more weeks.. so it was time for me to get rid of my toys and get a 4 door...

Car seat is not going to fit in here:

I'm going to be sad to see her go..the new owner is flying in from Chicago to Virginia to pick her up on Monday

Car seat will fit in here:

2007 Navi TL (11k miles)
I'm having the dealer fix a few scratches and scrapes before I pick her up. Hopefully they will be done tomorrow.

So I guess the first thing on the block is reading up on how to change the navi boot up screen and get rid of the nag.

So anyways, just wanted to say hi!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Race Director

Wow thats a huge trade! Congrats on the new TL and welcome to Acurazine.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Talk about a downgrade. Congrats on the kid, and welcome!
Old 08-14-2008, 12:53 PM
邵樂百

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

Your girlfriend better be really HOT!!! j/k Congrats and welcome to AZ
Old 08-14-2008, 01:20 PM
NTMD8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow man... what a change!!! I would NOT have given that up... i would have settled for another 4 door and kept that baby... Welcome to AZ though!
Old 08-14-2008, 01:22 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by HobbesGTS
So I guess the first thing on the block is reading up on how to change the navi boot up screen and get rid of the nag.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You'll be able to change the navi boot up screen, but I don't think there's a solution to get rid of the OK nag button yet on 07+ TL's.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
you are going to be a good dad. sell your toys to accomodate the new family. I didn't have a Lotus, but did have a somewhat impractical car when I got married, that was too $$ - sold that to buy a more pracitcla car and buy a house.

as time went on, I managed to get another fun car - but later sold that when we had MORE kids and needed an SUV. now, that I"m a bit older, making a bit more money...and *could* get myself a fun third toy car - like an s2000 or boxster - i'm decidding to sell my old worn out daily driver to replace it with a family type car - in my case a Type S TL.

good luck!
Old 08-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
you're a MAN to give up a car like that for your GF.....
Old 08-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Looking for new mods

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
DUDE.. I am sorry.. as much as I love the TL.. if 4 doors is what your are looking for and you can afford that.... they are many other 4 doors to look at.....By the way ... BABY=SUV or mini van.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 79 Posts
you can get by with that sedan with ONE kid. when you have 2-3 kids - you will HAvE to get a minivan/SUV.

I have 3 kids. We have a 2007 MDX as our main family car. all that rear cargo space comes in handy with portable cribs, double strollers, luggage etc. A car like a TL, given that the rear seats are somewhat larger than the other "similar" cars like the 3 series, A4 - so you can fit three kids back there - but it would not be ideal for a full time family car.

shorter trips - you can make due with a TL with 1-2, even 3 kids. but it would nto be the right car for a full time famly car if you could get into an SUV or minivan for the same money.

i see an odyssey in your future...

the trick is to get the g/f wife to let you have a "toy" car at some point. save your money and you can get that lotus again...you just may have some gray hair by then...
Old 08-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wait a sec!1 25 yrs old and had a car like that? i wanna do what u do for a living lol
Old 08-14-2008, 03:00 PM
DAFRANCHISE69

Girlfriend is pregnant and due in 7 more weeks.. so it was time for me to get rid of my toys and get a 4 door...

Car seat is not going to fit in here:

I'm going to be sad to see her go..the new owner is flying in from Chicago to Virginia to pick her up on Monday

Car seat will fit in here:

2007 Navi TL (11k miles)
I'm having the dealer fix a few scratches and scrapes before I pick her up. Hopefully they will be done tomorrow.

Radley Acura, in Northern Virginia eh? Boy they sell the worst used acuras in the world, hence why you are getting some scratches fixed, I was looking at a 99 TL there that had all kinds of scrapes and paint on it, lol then they showed me a CL that was messed up even worse. LOL LMAO. Bad choice, of dealership. You were better off buying a used 07 from another dealer, I bought a 04 TL from a local dealer and it has no scratches and 4k off what I would have paid in Radley.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:11 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by jimsta
Wow man... what a change!!! I would NOT have given that up... i would have settled for another 4 door and kept that baby... Welcome to AZ though!
I wish I didn't have to.. believe me! I traded in the first new car I bought too.. My 2001 Celica GTS :/

Originally Posted by princelybug
Hey, welcome to the forum!

You'll be able to change the navi boot up screen, but I don't think there's a solution to get rid of the OK nag button yet on 07+ TL's.
Hmm.. guess I'll mess around in Photoshop tonight to see what kind of boot up screen I can come up with. Should be pretty fun. To bad about the nag screen

Originally Posted by jguerra23
DUDE.. I am sorry.. as much as I love the TL.. if 4 doors is what your are looking for and you can afford that.... they are many other 4 doors to look at.....By the way ... BABY=SUV or mini van.
Ha.. BABY=$$$. I priced out daycare around here and its $280 a week. That's almost 2 of my Lotus car payments a month. A mortgage in NoVA and car payment like that on top of child care.. just didn't make financial sense to keep her. Although I wish I could.. trust me.

I have vowed to never get a mini van!!! Everyone at my work keeps teasing me about the whole minivan thing too.. grrr

Originally Posted by 23109VC
you can get by with that sedan with ONE kid. when you have 2-3 kids - you will HAvE to get a minivan/SUV.

I have 3 kids. We have a 2007 MDX as our main family car. all that rear cargo space comes in handy with portable cribs, double strollers, luggage etc. A car like a TL, given that the rear seats are somewhat larger than the other "similar" cars like the 3 series, A4 - so you can fit three kids back there - but it would not be ideal for a full time family car.

shorter trips - you can make due with a TL with 1-2, even 3 kids. but it would nto be the right car for a full time famly car if you could get into an SUV or minivan for the same money.

i see an odyssey in your future...

the trick is to get the g/f wife to let you have a "toy" car at some point. save your money and you can get that lotus again...you just may have some gray hair by then...
Haha.. yeah, I don't see 2-3 kids in my future. I think 1 is enough for me! No mini van! If I absolutely needed something bigger, it would be an SUV before a mini van!

Originally Posted by jnnyjuice
wait a sec!1 25 yrs old and had a car like that? i wanna do what u do for a living lol
Go get a few Cisco certs and you can

Originally Posted by FR4NCH1SE
Radley Acura, in Northern Virginia eh? Boy they sell the worst used acuras in the world, hence why you are getting some scratches fixed, I was looking at a 99 TL there that had all kinds of scrapes and paint on it, lol then they showed me a CL that was messed up even worse. LOL LMAO. Bad choice, of dealership. You were better off buying a used 07 from another dealer, I bought a 04 TL from a local dealer and it has no scratches and 4k off what I would have paid in Radley.
Eh.. it seemed alright with me. In hindsight there were maybe a few things I would have done different, but the overall experience there was pretty good. We'll see tomorrow when I go to pick up the car how those scratches look. That'll be the real test for me.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:40 PM
black on black 04 TL 6MT

sad, sad day...congrats on the baby though. i agree with an above poster, gf better be SMOKIN' hot.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Make Nice, Not Rice

WOW, that's a huge downgrade, but it shows the good character you are by doing what's best for your family. I give you props for that. Anyways, azine lists that you are 25 years old? Jesus, tell me your job occupation! haha.

oh and of course, WELCOME TO AZINE.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Looking for new mods

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
^^^ I am messing with you.. I actualy have 2 girls 6 & 7.. and they lay in the back seat.. pull down the armrest and knock out for every ride.

They stop me from getting a G35 Coupe.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:44 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Congrats local... Good choice, the Lotus would have been nothing but problems down the road. Get a bike if you wanna get some thrills every once in a while. Hope to meet you at a GTG someday...

I'd be interested in your feedback of the new Elise. Neat looking car, but ultimately gutless at only 189 HP.

Originally Posted by jnnyjuice
The new elise is cheaper than a loaded 335i... no doubt youngblood here can afford it. Everyone in NoVA that's working in tech is in the six figure salaries. I got 6-7 guys that work for me in thier high 20's making 120K plus... It's just the market you live in.

Car specs... Intersting. Low HP, but very light. Pretty much a motorcycle on 4 wheels.

http://www.lotuscars.com/elise_190.html
Old 08-15-2008, 10:15 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Congrats local... Good choice, the Lotus would have been nothing but problems down the road. Get a bike if you wanna get some thrills every once in a while. Hope to meet you at a GTG someday...

I'd be interested in your feedback of the new Elise. Neat looking car, but ultimately gutless at only 189 HP.

The new elise is cheaper than a loaded 335i... no doubt youngblood here can afford it. Everyone in NoVA that's working in tech is in the six figure salaries. I got 6-7 guys that work for me in thier high 20's making 120K plus... It's just the market you live in.

Car specs... Intersting. Low HP, but very light. Pretty much a motorcycle on 4 wheels.

http://www.lotuscars.com/elise_190.html

I had a bike.. that was the first to go once the pregnancy came about.

I wouldn't call the Elise gutless though. 190hp doesn't sound like much, but when your car only ways 2000 pounds, it has plenty of pick up and go It's all about the power to weight ratio Besides, that car was made more for turns rather than straight line driving. The Exige is pretty much the same car with a supercharger if HP is your thing.

It has been rather funny watching the girlfriend get in and out of the Elise the past month or so. She hates riding in it now because she has such a hard time getting in and out.

Wish me luck tonight.. supposed to pick up the TL from Radley. Hopefully I'll have better luck than the guy that posted earlier in this thread. I just hope they did a good job fixing those scrapes!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:21 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by sol_da_man
sad, sad day...congrats on the baby though. i agree with an above poster, gf better be SMOKIN' hot.
She is my smokin hottie Halloween she was my naughty nurse

Old 08-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Wow! She is hot.........and has a job as a nurse too! Good luck with the family and TL deal. Sometimes you have to man-up and do what you must! TL is a great choice.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:43 AM
black on black 04 TL 6MT

She is my smokin hottie Halloween she was my naughty nurse

i commend you on going with the TL. you're a good man. godspeed with the pregnancy.