3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smashed side view mirrow, now what????

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 03:25 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Smashed side view mirrow, now what????

Yeah so I get to my car after leaving my friend's birthday party at like 3:30 am tonight and there's my side view mirror on the driver side all nicely smashed, just shattered glass. I'm way too tired right now to think too much or get too upset just yet, but how much do you guys think replacing/fixing this will cost? Can they just replace the mirror portion itself since that is all that's broken or do they have to replace the entire case that houses the mirror itself?
Old 10-23-2005, 07:06 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by StuntingInDaTL
Yeah so I get to my car after leaving my friend's birthday party at like 3:30 am tonight and there's my side view mirror on the driver side all nicely smashed, just shattered glass. I'm way too tired right now to think too much or get too upset just yet, but how much do you guys think replacing/fixing this will cost? Can they just replace the mirror portion itself since that is all that's broken or do they have to replace the entire case that houses the mirror itself?
Sorry for your bad luck. If you didn't want to go through insurance and only needed to replace the mirror glass and/or the mirror body this is definitely a job you could tackle on your own. Here are the parts break down from ACURA CARLAND .

If you decide to replace it on your own, maybe someone could post the pages from the service manual.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:17 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ChuckDu
Here are the parts break down from ACURA CARLAND .
OK, That link didn't work out too well. When you get to the Acura Carland site, just click on "Please select a model", then fill in the information about your car, then select "mirror" from the drop down list for "System/Component". That'll get you where you need to be. The whole mirror unit is $190.38 and the glass itself is $24.41.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Administrator

Received 1,012 Likes on 577 Posts
There's more info and scans in this thread.