Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ski bag

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 10:14 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ski bag

Anyone put in an aftermarket ski bag in the trunk to rear seat pass-through? (Something else that (IMO) Acrua should have provided). I'm very surprised it's not an official DIO to be honest.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:16 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Ski bag

Agree, I'd like to buy it too. If anyone already gets one, please post. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Team NBP Member

I agree that Acura should have provided it, I also think they should have made the pass through larger. I can't fit my snowboard through it and it's really disappointing.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Anyone knows why Acura wouldn't make rear chairs foldable?

I remember my 94 Legend has the steel-bars behind the rear chair, and Canadian model must use the new configuration in order to make the ski pass through the chair. But both of them won't fold rear chairs.

Is no-ski-through the trend for the luxury vehicle?
Old 01-25-2004, 12:51 AM
Racer

I can't imagine driving my TL in snow (chains whipping up rocks into my side is giving me nightmares) or even thinking about stabbing some 190s down the middle of the car. That's why you need an SUV / minivan as your second vehicle. Just makes me cringe to think about all those pretty TLs taking a winter abuse (snow chains, rock salt, icy roads, etc...).

04 TL / 5 AT / Navi - won't drive on snow or ice!
Old 01-25-2004, 01:00 AM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we don't get any snow here in Houston (I would like some)... so I use that rear seat pass-through window to carry crown molding or pcv pipes to work at my house... or a fish pole!

As I understand, the rear-folding seats compromise the rigidity of the car, so a new design would have to be made to the frame to compensate for this. It would cost a little more (MB E500 has that option at a higher price)...
Old 01-25-2004, 10:44 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

I have a typical travel bag for my skiis (has wheels and everything). Cost me about $35 at the end of the season in '98. Fits PERFECTLY through the pass through. Personally I HATE the ski bags they put on the other cars as they only seem to get in the way and don't fold up very well. IMHO this standard opening Acura has done is the best method. The Snow board should fit nicely in the trunk (no need for using the pass through).
Old 01-25-2004, 10:53 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Lightbulb Re: Portable bag...

Originally posted by ndabunka
I have a typical travel bag for my skiis (has wheels and everything). Cost me about $35 at the end of the season in '98. Fits PERFECTLY through the pass through. Personally I HATE the ski bags they put on the other cars as they only seem to get in the way and don't fold up very well. IMHO this standard opening Acura has done is the best method. The Snow board should fit nicely in the trunk (no need for using the pass through).

Sounds good to me... the good idea, too...

The main concern is to prevent any long objects sliding into the front seats and panels.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by ndabunka
I agree that the built-in bags aren't ideal, but the advantage is that they're always there, and part of the trunk space. For just ski's, yes, a bag you put the ski's in works, but having to get a seperate container for everything you might want to put there is a real pain. Couple of pieces of 2x4 or other lumber, for example.
I just want something I always have, and don't have to worry about.