Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She was stolen today

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 09:46 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ecliptics
ahhh 1 more day.. seriously man, i'm sorry. and frankly i'm kinda mad FOR you... that fuckin bites.. i wouldnt want to see my car again after all of that either. its not even the fucked up underbody or the stolen aspec rims.. all of that can be replaced. its like an invasion of privacy.. it wont feel the same driving in it knowing what its been through etc etc.. kinda similar to getting your car majorly messed up in a car accident that wasnt your fault.. and instead of hearing its totaled to get a new 1, they declare it fixable and youre now drivin around with a salvaged title from front body and engine damage :[ how much longer on your lease? GOODLUCk

That's exactly how I feel about the invasion of privacy and personal space thing. I had actually put my house key in the car a week before it was stolen, in case of an emergency. That had me really creeped out for awhile even though I changed all of the locks right away. I was glad to see that the key was still in the car today along with the garage door openers to my house and my parents house.

The lease still has about 2 years on it. I'm hoping the dealer will help me get out of it since they've got a sale on the line. I guess we'll have to see...
Old 05-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
good luck to you bro.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:53 PM
Instructor

You probably won't be able to get out of the lease. Your best bet is that you have a sympathetic insurance agent who can give you some kind of diminished value for it. So after it's restored you can sell it or trade it back in to the dealer and break even for a new TL-S.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:00 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Man, I wouldn't buy anything new right now. You could probably get a kick ass deal at the end of this year on the present TL-S. But why do it when the new stuff will be out next year? (not new TL-S, but TL next year)
Old 05-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by darksom1
Man, I wouldn't buy anything new right now. You could probably get a kick ass deal at the end of this year on the present TL-S. But why do it when the new stuff will be out next year? (not new TL-S, but TL next year)
That's still well over a year away. I wouldn't want to have to drive that car more than a few days. I think most people are getting their TL-S around invoice anyways.

You know that whoever stole it certainly "drove it like it was stolen", sorry for the pun. I wouldn't doubt if there are issues like bent valves, timing, they probably ran 87 gas in it, etc.

If I ever catch anyone stealing my car I will say "alright, you're stealing, I don't want to find it in one piece, you better torch it when you're done."
Old 05-20-2007, 12:23 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jay0k
That's still well over a year away. I wouldn't want to have to drive that car more than a few days. I think most people are getting their TL-S around invoice anyways.

You know that whoever stole it certainly "drove it like it was stolen", sorry for the pun. I wouldn't doubt if there are issues like bent valves, timing, they probably ran 87 gas in it, etc.

If I ever catch anyone stealing my car I will say "alright, you're stealing, I don't want to find it in one piece, you better torch it when you're done."
That's what I'd say if they had heat...otherwise...it would be on! But damn if you are not right. I don't want it back either! Especially after smoking in it! Nobody ever - ever, ever, ever smokes in my ride!!...But, alas...I have Lo-Jack!
Old 05-20-2007, 08:10 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jay0k
You probably won't be able to get out of the lease. Your best bet is that you have a sympathetic insurance agent who can give you some kind of diminished value for it. So after it's restored you can sell it or trade it back in to the dealer and break even for a new TL-S.

Does the fact that it was stolen and restored go on the title or in any record in case I decide to Carmax or trade it?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by bmaczo6
I would stay away from the 335 until they fix the overheating problems.
There is no issue with overheating. There was one article in Automobile Magazine where the 335i went into limp mode, and it happened under extreme conditions (track, high temps, etc). Since most people won't track the car, and since it is only going to happen in auto trans (the MT has an oil cooler), I don't see how this can be thought of as a "problem".