3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shady dealership (autowest acura on stevens creek)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry shady dealership (autowest acura on stevens creek)

just as a heads up, AVOID these guys at all cost. i had a problem with the navi, where touchscreen wouldnt work unless the radio was off, on sunday, i removed the nav and stereo and center console to check the connections, which were good, so i took it to stevens creek autowest acura. i put the car bak together and took it to acura the next morning. i get a call today saying that there are now coins in the stereo causing everything, and a rat has been chewing stuff up (they showed me pics they took of "my" car with chewed up straws,bags, etc. no wires were damaged, and the garbage they showed me in the pic, was NOT in the dash on sunday, nor did i eat anything while working on the car, so it had happened sometime between sunday night and wed afternoon. we proceeded to argue, and they would not let me see my car when it was apart, and threatened to call the cops on me if i didnt leave. i got my car back and a copy of the pictures, which i am going to submit to acura. I seriously thought i would get good service being a luxury car dealer, but i guess i was wrong. the next car i buy, which will be next year, will definitely NOT be an acura. i went thru the same kind of crap with my evo, and really wanted to ditch the hassles. i guess i was wrong. Lexus will get my money next time around.

ps i know its long, but i wanted to vent, and remind everyone, that most of the repair shops are honest, but there are still bad ones out there.

/rant off
Old 12-05-2007, 10:45 PM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sucks to hear about your bad experience. I have yet to take it there for any work. I hope it doesn't happen to me or anyone that goes there for service. At least you have other Acura dealerships in the area you can go to.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:19 AM
TL SL ML :)

That sucks...I hear you on the Lexus part, they definitely provide better service/customer care
Old 12-06-2007, 12:44 AM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
Lexus doesn't offer six speeds and they are more expensive. Fuck stevens creek they tried to sell me my car for $42,000, when I told them I didn't want all the extra stuff they added to the car they said buy it for $42,000 and they would take all the crap off for an additional $1500. I asked the guy if he was droped on his head as a child. Sunyvale was no better. I get all my service done at a place called Honda acura connection in San Jose, they are great and have free loaners even for oil changes. I know you were trying to get warranty work done but I highly recomend Honda Acura connection for any service. Stevens creek acura is owned and staffed but douche bags.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
Call acura client services and complain there. Also can you post pics of these so-called chewed up wires that they gave you, they might have just pulled up some generic ones and just gave them to you. There are ways to identify 2004 plugs from 2005 and 2006 and for the 2007+.
2004: Different type of Push Release Tab from 2005 and 2006
2007+: main Navi Harness has more pins, Pins 18 and 19 are reversed from 2004-2006 config of pins.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:58 AM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

yeah, you should definitely try to prove it isn't your car with the pics... post the pics on here!!
Old 12-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Back in an Ac!

yea, now im dying to see the pics. i hate stories like that. client services will not be able to do anything as long as th dealership is privately owned and run. i have been through this with mistsubishi. they will document the complaint but will not do anything about it.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Cruisin'

steven creek in general has really shady dealerships. try a different dealer ship. also complain to acura directly.

Carlo
Old 12-06-2007, 03:35 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Try Los Gatos Acura.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:10 PM
5th Gear

My co-worker had a very bad experience with Los Gatos Acura, took his brand new car for a 4 mile joy-ride. On the other hand, he likes Steven Creeks AutoWest.

Makes me wonder, is there no decent dealership exists?
Old 12-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Acuras Only in

I got my Acura & stevens creek & it was pain-free ... of course I talked/emailed to the SM few times before I took the plunge .... not sure about the service dept. though ... Can anyone here in bay area recommend a better place ? OP already mentioned handa acura connection ... anywhere else?
Old 12-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Intermediate

I picked up my '07 TL-S at Sunnyvale Acura and they were pretty good. They have a pretty small lot but they have a pretty friendly staff working there. I have yet to bring my car in for the first A1 service but I'll probably bring it there and see how they do. Then again I'll be in the garage keeping a close eye on things.

Before I went to Sunnyvale Acura, I checked out Stevens Creek Acura and Los Gatos Acura. Steven Creek Acura is the powerhouse in Northern California. They have the largest inventory and sell the most vehicles in Nor Cal. But that means nothing, or at least to me, it doesn't. Just tells me they are really good sales people. It doesn't say anything about their customer service and customer loyalty. As far as Los Gatos Acura, not much better. They have a decent lot but I didn't care for the sales person's attitude when I stopped by. I heard some nightmare stories about Acura of Pleasanton but no personal experience myself.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Happy Holidays!

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
I bought my TL-S from stevens creek last year after doing the auto quote via email. The buying experience was good. But I can't speak for their service dept since I have not used them. And after your experience, I probably won't plan to go there.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
Hmmm I wonder if that's the same company as AutoWest Honda in Roseville, Ca.
That's where my mom bought her Accord, we're taking her car in for warranty work on Monday I hope we won't have any problems.

We bought my car from Acura of Las vegas and we got nothing but excellent service from them. Now that I have my car in Cali I have to take my car to Niello Acura in Sacramento. Anyone know if they have good service?? I guess it just depends on the dealership, not ALL Acura dealerships are bad...
Old 12-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude, this sux to hear. i was planning on using this place for service since it is close to work. i live in fremont and wish they would open an acura dealership at the auto mall here. but generally speaking, the fremont auto mall dealerships are slimy as hell.

i've had good experiences at the fremont honda dealership service dept though... i have a 2004 pilot and have been in/out of there many times with no complaints.

for non warranty type stuff, I use this guy in fremont, jjj auto. he specializes in honda/acura and is pretty good.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Intermediate

Thanks for heads up....will make sure to avoid them when it's time for service. When I bought my TL-S earlier this year they lowballed my trade by about $10k so I went to Sunnyvale and they were much easier and better to deal with. Not sure about service yet....had my A1 done in Sacramento since I'm up there every few months. Where is a good place for service in the bay area - is Sunnyvale ok??
Old 12-07-2007, 05:28 AM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
I bought my car there.. the only reason why I even went there was because my uncle worked there at the time.. these guys are SHADY...

So i went in for an oil change.. they are supposed to do some inspection and what not.. rotate tires...

the car comes out.. i ask the rep if the tires have been changed/rotated. he said YES they have.. I take a look, call his ass back out.. Confront him and tell him that these tires have NOT been changed.. I showed him that the fronts are almsot BALD compared to the back.. He tell me to hold on, brings my car back in and changes it for me.. GOD i hate these fuckers.. makes me even wonder if its worth it to buy that oil change plan....
Old 12-07-2007, 09:48 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraTLboi
I bought my car there.. the only reason why I even went there was because my uncle worked there at the time.. these guys are SHADY...

So i went in for an oil change.. they are supposed to do some inspection and what not.. rotate tires...

the car comes out.. i ask the rep if the tires have been changed/rotated. he said YES they have.. I take a look, call his ass back out.. Confront him and tell him that these tires have NOT been changed.. I showed him that the fronts are almsot BALD compared to the back.. He tell me to hold on, brings my car back in and changes it for me.. GOD i hate these fuckers.. makes me even wonder if its worth it to buy that oil change plan....
Change it yourself. I agree though, they should have done it correctly the first time. I only bring my car in for warranty work.

All businesses will have horror stories. There will be some customers you absolutely can not please no matter what is done.

Also the OP forgets to mention he was screaming like a lunatic and was heard on the other end of the dealership. Which if you were talking to me that way, I would ask you to leave too. Other AZiners live in the bay area and probably frequent the same places you do.

Your navigation was modified as well if you do a user search on your name. I'm sure you did not mention that to the service adviser. While that may or may not be the cause of your problem, that could be a reason to void your warranty....

I GTG to work, but there are always two sides to every story. You have had the same issues at Mitsu, could the problem be you? Take a cool calm approach to dealing with people and in most situations you will receive a favorable response to your issues. Take care.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:02 AM
me,gill,and tl-s

if you are looking for a great experience you should go to concord acura ask for Mickey and tell him that Jeff sues nephew sent you and he will take care of you. no bull this guy is the best. If you do go in there and you see sue tell her i said high.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
Change it yourself. I agree though, they should have done it correctly the first time. I only bring my car in for warranty work.

All businesses will have horror stories. There will be some customers you absolutely can not please no matter what is done.

Also the OP forgets to mention he was screaming like a lunatic and was heard on the other end of the dealership. Which if you were talking to me that way, I would ask you to leave too. Other AZiners live in the bay area and probably frequent the same places you do.

Your navigation was modified as well if you do a user search on your name. I'm sure you did not mention that to the service adviser. While that may or may not be the cause of your problem, that could be a reason to void your warranty....

I GTG to work, but there are always two sides to every story. You have had the same issues at Mitsu, could the problem be you? Take a cool calm approach to dealing with people and in most situations you will receive a favorable response to your issues. Take care.
i was NOT "screaming like a lunatic" as you say, i was angry, and who wouldnt be if you bring your car to a dealership and they tell you about rats and coins, etc which i know is COMPLETELY false. i know you're trying to defend your work, but what you guys do there is complete bullshit. before you start saying the problem is ME, you really should find out BOTH sides of the story.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:46 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Originally Posted by kataklyzm
i was NOT "screaming like a lunatic" as you say, i was angry, and who wouldnt be if you bring your car to a dealership and they tell you about rats and coins, etc which i know is COMPLETELY false. i know you're trying to defend your work, but what you guys do there is complete bullshit. before you start saying the problem is ME, you really should find out BOTH sides of the story.
I don't work there buddy, but I can say I purchased my TL from there and have received excellent warranty work, the staff is friendly, cooperative, informative and understanding.

I did hear you on the sales side of the dealership so you were screaming like a lunatic since it's a good 150 feet away. They would not have threatened to call the cops on any customer just because they are "angry." If you go on here and say you weren't screaming in that dealership you are a blatant liar.

So did you tell the adviser you modified your navi and you had problems before with the touchscreen not working due to a faulty doms unit?

You work in business, the automotive business too. That would be my assumption since you were wearing a wheel works shirt. I'm sure you're not too happy when you get people saying this and that went wrong with their car especially if it's not the fault of anything one of your techs did. Being in the service or retail industry we both know bad stories will be told more times than good. That's just how it is.

So how did your call with Acura Client Services go? Did you use the same tone with the rep as you did the dealer? If so, they probably told you to go screw. Like I told you a few posts up, be calm, treat people the way you would want to be treated and in most cases it will work out in your favor. I thought you were a business man?

We heard your side of the story. I would probably have more sympathy towards you if I was reading this from a computer not knowing what else happened, but I saw you and how you acted. Did the Mitsu dealer kick you out too? Don't modify components on your car, mess it up and expect the dealer to foot the bill. Owe up to it like a man. " "
Old 12-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Kang Ho

I didnt see any of you guys at the meet today? It's nothing big, but about a year or so ago, I went there to get my transmission check. They said they wouldnt cover it and ask if i needed a car wash. I told them specifically not to wash my car, but when I got it...it was all watery.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
I second that motion about complaining to Acura directly. You always get better results by dealing directly with the head honcho. I've noticed alot of these types of threads lately too. weird. oh well, good luck with everything.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Feenin on some 20's

are u serious? why waste my time trying to change it myself when they had to do it in the first place? I was calm about it, not bitching at all. I was cooperative with them even though they fked up...
Old 12-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Feenin on some 20's

and honestly, Stevens Creek Acura has one of the WORST service ever, in general.. It has happened to me and not only just me. I talked to a worker there and the worker said she/he HATED the place. THey treat their workers like shit as well..
Old 12-09-2007, 01:00 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

are u serious? why waste my time trying to change it myself when they had to do it in the first place? I was calm about it, not bitching at all. I was cooperative with them even though they fked up...
As serious as a heart attack. You learn more doing it yourself then paying someone else. As I stated above though, they should have done it correctly the first time.

You can say whatever you want about Stevens Creek and how people feel about that place, that's not my issue. My issue is that someone on here lied about what happened to gain sympathy from the forum.

Any organization can have a handful of crooks or poor management that leads to negative word of mouth advertisement. We could dig up bad experiences about any business.

That was not the case here.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Banned

Whats the point of warranty if you can't take it to the dealer and trust it is fixed. Not everyone cares to learn how things work on their car they just want it fixed and it should be fixed without hassle.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:11 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Originally Posted by kosstick
Whats the point of warranty if you can't take it to the dealer and trust it is fixed. Not everyone cares to learn how things work on their car they just want it fixed and it should be fixed without hassle.
Young man, he was talking about a tire rotation and oil change...
Old 12-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Banned

We should rotate our tires ourselves?
Old 12-09-2007, 01:37 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Originally Posted by kosstick
We should rotate our tires ourselves?

No, Kosstick, not "we". Just you. YOU should rotate your tires yourself. The rest of us are allowed to go to the dealership.

:wink:
Old 12-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Advanced

I don't work there buddy, but I can say I purchased my TL from there and have received excellent warranty work, the staff is friendly, cooperative, informative and understanding.

I did hear you on the sales side of the dealership so you were screaming like a lunatic since it's a good 150 feet away. They would not have threatened to call the cops on any customer just because they are "angry." If you go on here and say you weren't screaming in that dealership you are a blatant liar.

So did you tell the adviser you modified your navi and you had problems before with the touchscreen not working due to a faulty doms unit?

You work in business, the automotive business too. That would be my assumption since you were wearing a wheel works shirt. I'm sure you're not too happy when you get people saying this and that went wrong with their car especially if it's not the fault of anything one of your techs did. Being in the service or retail industry we both know bad stories will be told more times than good. That's just how it is.

So how did your call with Acura Client Services go? Did you use the same tone with the rep as you did the dealer? If so, they probably told you to go screw. Like I told you a few posts up, be calm, treat people the way you would want to be treated and in most cases it will work out in your favor. I thought you were a business man?

We heard your side of the story. I would probably have more sympathy towards you if I was reading this from a computer not knowing what else happened, but I saw you and how you acted. Did the Mitsu dealer kick you out too? Don't modify components on your car, mess it up and expect the dealer to foot the bill. Owe up to it like a man. " "

whatever moron. i wasnt even on the sales side of the dealership when i was talking to the service guys. nice try. if you clearly READ my post im not complaining that they didnt FIX my car, they PUT COINS AND DEBRIS in my car and lied to me saying that that was the cause, when i had checked it myself the day before, none of it was there. i know you love them so much, but please, try to read the ENTIRE post before you bust out that 'holier than thou' attitude
Old 12-09-2007, 08:59 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Originally Posted by kataklyzm
whatever moron. i wasnt even on the sales side of the dealership when i was talking to the service guys. nice try. if you clearly READ my post im not complaining that they didnt FIX my car, they PUT COINS AND DEBRIS in my car and lied to me saying that that was the cause, when i had checked it myself the day before, none of it was there. i know you love them so much, but please, try to read the ENTIRE post before you bust out that 'holier than thou' attitude
If being a liar helps you sleep at night. I'm all for it.

I "read" all the bull you have been spewing out; you avoid any of the questions I have asked you, I said I heard you on the sales side, not that I was sitting in service. Why should they fix what you broke? Were you going to pay them? Was this warranty work? What happened with Acura Client Services? I'm sure people reading would like to hear any updates regarding your situation since you were ranting off about this.

My guess is that you will avoid answering any of these questions, continue with the personal attacks and use more emoticons so somehow add any substance to your posts.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:01 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Acura probably mishandled the service of your car... understandably you are upset. HOWEVER that gives you no right to throw a tantrum. Apparently Hapa DC5 was a witness of how poorly you reacted to the situation, and with each post he makes, the more credibility you lose.

Yelling and being rude is the last thing you should do if you want good service. Speaking from the experience, if you've worked in retail/service before, you know what its like. We deal with irrational customers all the time, who get pissy all because of some small issue. But the point is, whether its a big or small issue, if you act like a pompous ass, we will politely tell you to get the hell out of our store/dealership. Just in case you still don't get it.... when you did yell, did that get you any better service? No? Exactly... they just called the police, which is their way of politely telling you to get the hell out of their face.

And guess what? We get a kick out of it when you get pissed. You're making YOURSELF look like an ass, not us. I haven't and don't work for a dealership, but I'd imagine they share the same sentiments as I do. I recommend never coming back to Autowest Acura.... but if you do, don't expect good customer service.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:18 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cowbert
My co-worker had a very bad experience with Los Gatos Acura, took his brand new car for a 4 mile joy-ride. On the other hand, he likes Steven Creeks AutoWest.

Makes me wonder, is there no decent dealership exists?
The answer to your question: No.
Sure some are better than others yet all are in business for one thing - to make money. Like all business / businesses, making money is their goal and achieving that goal normally requires them to do things most of us don't care for. It just so happens car dealership's, given the many areas/departments capable of devising schemes, stand out among "businesses" as being very shady...
Most of us, on varying degrees, have "been-there-done-that"- got screwed, and fully treat dealerships as required. That doesn't mean I/we treat them badly, - just that I watch my car and wallet like I would if given either to a "crack fiend."

Trust me, the folks that typically get the best service at the dealership, are those that the dealership staff know are willing to spend money and have demonstrated loyalty to the dealership to spend more money there in the future etc..
They "take" more than enough during the sale. Warranty work and or simple service including "inspections" or "tire rotations," should not require me to, in essence, "bribe" them into "taking care of me/vehicle in the future" by paying inflated service fees. I just don't play that game.

And I digress (as usual when discussing dealerships )..

Whatever the "real story" is,,, hopefully the OP will get his issues resolved whether it involves the dealership or not.

Happy Holidays all!
Old 12-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Hapa DC5, lol..

I honestly care less about what you say. I can rotate my tires of course, but why waste MY own time doing it when they were supposed to do it. I already know how to, so what can I get out of it???

I did not pay that plan for just a oil change..

ALSO, they had a checklist of procedures that they were supposed to do. They CHECKED the ROTATE all 4 tires, when in fact, they DIDN'T. So tell me, if they didn't even do something as simple as 4 tire rotation, what makes you think they did EVERYTHING else on the checklist?

Honestly, we pay them for a reason, to get the full service they promise to do. Not a half ass job buddy. And on top of that, I was really calm and nice about it, although I could have stated a scene, if I wanted to. I'm glad they handled your business with care, but that does NOT mean you can kiss their ass like that.

Just a FYI, this was NOT first time they did not do my tire rotation either... The other time before this current one, I didn't get one either. Of course, I found this out right after I came back home from the dealer.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:10 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Hapa DC5, lol..

I honestly care less about what you say. I can rotate my tires of course, but why waste MY own time doing it when they were supposed to do it. I already know how to, so what can I get out of it???

I did not pay that plan for just a oil change..

ALSO, they had a checklist of procedures that they were supposed to do. They CHECKED the ROTATE all 4 tires, when in fact, they DIDN'T. So tell me, if they didn't even do something as simple as 4 tire rotation, what makes you think they did EVERYTHING else on the checklist?

Honestly, we pay them for a reason, to get the full service they promise to do. Not a half ass job buddy. And on top of that, I was really calm and nice about it, although I could have stated a scene, if I wanted to. I'm glad they handled your business with care, but that does NOT mean you can kiss their ass like that.

Just a FYI, this was NOT first time they did not do my tire rotation either... The other time before this current one, I didn't get one either. Of course, I found this out right after I came back home from the dealer.
So you continue to go back to them after you receive terrible service again and again? What's funny is that I agreed with you by saying they should have done it right the first time. You are absolutely right, you pay your hard earned money and want it done to your satisfaction.

Once again, yes they treated me well, but the point is this guy was making a scene in the dealership and playing it down as if he wasn't. Not to mention he has modified his navi and has had these problems (touchscreen not working, etc) in the past when he installed his doms unit. Seems like he's trying to swindle someone.

If you were there and heard this guy going off you'd understand why I am compelled to speak my account of what occurred. You may call it "kissing ass," I tell it like it is.

You obviously care what I say to respond to my posts. I understand you want to rally behind this guy because you received a horrible service experience and still make the choice to go to that dealership even though there are plenty of competitors available.

It may not be your choice to go there, are your parents paying for your services? If not, then...

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
Old 12-09-2007, 04:14 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
Acura probably mishandled the service of your car... understandably you are upset. HOWEVER that gives you no right to throw a tantrum. Apparently Hapa DC5 was a witness of how poorly you reacted to the situation, and with each post he makes, the more credibility you lose.

Yelling and being rude is the last thing you should do if you want good service. Speaking from the experience, if you've worked in retail/service before, you know what its like. We deal with irrational customers all the time, who get pissy all because of some small issue. But the point is, whether its a big or small issue, if you act like a pompous ass, we will politely tell you to get the hell out of our store/dealership. Just in case you still don't get it.... when you did yell, did that get you any better service? No? Exactly... they just called the police, which is their way of politely telling you to get the hell out of their face.

And guess what? We get a kick out of it when you get pissed. You're making YOURSELF look like an ass, not us. I haven't and don't work for a dealership, but I'd imagine they share the same sentiments as I do. I recommend never coming back to Autowest Acura.... but if you do, don't expect good customer service.
I appreciate you looking at this with a rational mind.

I would never return to a place that treated me as poorly as the OP claims he was treated. I would also not skew the actual events to make myself look like the victim either.

What you say, do, and apparently post can catch up with you in the future.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Feenin on some 20's

So you continue to go back to them after you receive terrible service again and again? What's funny is that I agreed with you by saying they should have done it right the first time. You are absolutely right, you pay your hard earned money and want it done to your satisfaction.

Once again, yes they treated me well, but the point is this guy was making a scene in the dealership and playing it down as if he wasn't. Not to mention he has modified his navi and has had these problems (touchscreen not working, etc) in the past when he installed his doms unit. Seems like he's trying to swindle someone.

If you were there and heard this guy going off you'd understand why I am compelled to speak my account of what occurred. You may call it "kissing ass," I tell it like it is.

You obviously care what I say to respond to my posts. I understand you want to rally behind this guy because you received a horrible service experience and still make the choice to go to that dealership even though there are plenty of competitors available.

It may not be your choice to go there, are your parents paying for your services? If not, then...

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
lol. I totally agree on this. BUT I went to Los Gatos Acura and they said that the plan i bought ONLY WORKS for Steven's Creek Acura. That being said, i had NO CHOICE but to pay for the service @ Los Gatos Acura. However, those guys actually DID do a tire rotation. As for the other stuff, not sure, BUT at least they did do something really simple that Steven's Creek didn't do, a simple tire rotation. So tell me, what other choices do I have?

All good though, I'm glad your service went well. But mine didn't. I put my opinion on here, you put yours, end of story. I'm done with this company after the oil changes are done. I only have up to 40k miles, and it's @ 35k right now. After that, I will be only going there mainly for warranty services.

As for this guy screaming his lungs off, he needs to chill. I bet it was pretty severe if they told him to call the cops. I've been in retail for 2 years, so I know exactly how it is.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:09 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

I'm done with this company after the oil changes are done.
Good deal. I wouldn't blame you, if they didn't do the stuff they said they would and checked off as doing. It's not right regardless of who did it.

If you have purchased the "VCP" service plan or whatever it's called. Get a pro-rated refund, I would, they messed up twice on your car (if not more) and like you stated who knows what else was just checked off and not actually done.

I won't blindly defend Stevens Creek, I just hope in the spirit of customer service they have thrown something at you (free oil change? discount on parts?) for not performing the tire rotations...

Good luck with whoever you choose to service your car with. For me, it will continue to be myself.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Sunnyvale Acura

While I think I may have paid a bit more than I should have for my 2003 TL (purchased 5/06). I had been servicing it at Sunnyvale until I moved to LA this July.

Todd in service is great. I only had one issue where they had to send the car out to a tint place to fix some trim and the shop fixed the wrong side.

Other than that, all claims and service was handled professionally.

Mike

Quick Reply: shady dealership (autowest acura on stevens creek)