Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service story with a good ending

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Service story with a good ending

Just wanted to share this experience with Acura service.
I bought my 06 TL MT in March of last year.
Had check engine light come on in the Summer months on a couple occasions.
One time while I was traveling around Baltimore- I stopped at local dealer and they replaced a coil, then at home in Lancaster PA, where they simply reset the warning light and sent me on my way. Each time the error code was cylinder 4 or 5 misfire.
It didn't happen again through Winter, but it started happening again once the weather got warmer. Again, my local dealership read the cylinder 4 and 5 misfire codes, reset them and sent me home.
Last time they replaced an air intake hose (for about 150 dollars) but it still didn't fix the problem. I got the check engine light three more times after that. It would start flashing, go solid for a while, might flash again then it would clear itself after few hours.

I remember last year getting advice on this board to have my car serviced at Lehigh Valley Acura in Emmaus/Allentown PA, because they had a very good reputation.
So I did take it there last Saturday (I live 60+ miles away). They had the car over the weekend and looked at various things, then on Tuesday they found that the compression on cylinders 4 and 5 was only 85%. They called the rep, arranged for good faith warranty repair, had the parts Fedexed (cylinder head), and the car fixed today. Other than the cost of rental car, it didn't cost me a penny.
Needless to say I was very happy. I left them a thank you letter and money for lunch for the whole service department.

I have to say these guys really deserve their good reputation. These days incompetence is rampant, but Lehigh Valley Acura is definitely beating the odds in that department.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Good story, Im gonna have to look into them.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's cool. Looks like you found a quality dealer. Nice to know some people actually do try.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
kudos to Lehigh Valley Acura. Good to hear a positive service interaction.

You either bent a couple of valves or they needed adjusting.. have you ever, even accidentally, overrev'd your engine? How many miles do you have on it?
Old 08-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Veni, vidi, vici

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 08-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Glad they were able to take care of the issue. Driving 60+ miles to get good service is crazy, but well worth it in you're case. Really shows the love you have for you're TL.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
kudos to Lehigh Valley Acura. Good to hear a positive service interaction.

You either bent a couple of valves or they needed adjusting.. have you ever, even accidentally, overrev'd your engine? How many miles do you have on it?
It just turned 43k.

I remember accidentally revving the engine into the red when starting from a red light (in first gear- not in neutral), because the acceleration is so smooth and quick, you feel like the car will just keep picking up speed, but the rpm limiter kicked in right away. Anyway, that was after I already had the first check engine light incident.
The valves were OK, the cylinder head had some sort of leak- I don't know exactly where- they didn't give me that much detail.