3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Rep confronted me after a bad survey

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Who ever reads the surveys apparently takes it seriously. I remember I took my car in for a warranty repair and they had no loaners. This was even after calling a week in advance. My buddy has a G35 and he gets a loaner for oil changes on the same day. I dinged them for that in the survey. I let them know if Acura is going to try to compete with other lux brands then they have to step up their game.

To my surprise several weeks later, when I was bringing in my car for B-service, the first thing they let me know was that a loaner was available and this was with less than one week notice. So my guess is that someone is busting heads over there which I don't mind.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:54 PM
ocp
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just recently had my transmission fluid changed due to the issues with manual transmissions, 3rd gear, etc... The dealer was very easy to work with and got it done but then I started getting calls from Acura corporate, not the dealership. They called every night, about 6 or 7 nights in a row and every time it hit the answering machine they hung up and they even hung up on my wife a couple of times. When I finally answered they wanted to know how I'd rate the service from 1 to 10 and I told them 5 for average. Part of me was pissed that they bothered me so much but part of me was serious becuase there was nothing above and beyond that the dealership did. First thing the next morning the dealership called to ask me why I gave them an average score. Definately not an anonomous system!

The service manager was very nice but wanted to know if my service was done as explained to me, I said yes. He asked if my car was washed and vacummed as it's supposed to be, I said yes. He asked if I was provided transportation to my office which was part of the sale when I bought the car, I said yes. He then asked, "well why did we get an average rating". Very simply becuase they did what was expected and promised, nothing more and nothing less. I'm pretty annoyed when they expect to recieve accolades for doing their job and doing what they promised. To me above and beyond means more than expected and that was not my experience.

I asked never to be contacted again and the service manager called me back in about 30 minutes and said that he arranged to have my VIN removed from their customer service call back system so supposedly, I won't get these again. If anyone is interested, this is apparantly an option.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
On some Acura repair orders there is a rubber stamped part that says "if we dont rate 10s please tell us how to make that happen."
They neglect to mention Acura may call for survey as well
Problem is most people just want to get the car and split, and in a perfect world your Service Writer SHOULD try to be the one who hands you your keys- makes sure any questions answered etc.

Understand that the Writer just does that- writes service orders
Then a Dispatcher. possibly the Service Manager but not always,send the jobs to the tech they want on each car. Some guys are better at certain projects.
Tech checks car and makes notes of repairs needed
Invoice back to Dispatch and Writer, check parts and labor cost and calls customer
Back into bin to be worked on again
Wash and Vac- standard Acura policy
Paperwork to whoever has to close it out that day and you pickup car

Ideally your Writer actually is a ~car person~ not just a "sevices saleperson" and can answer all your questions OR get the person who can.

When Acura calls with survey- everything you say gets written down and immediatly sent by email/Blackberry to Service Manager AND a number of Acura bigwigs
Here is where it hits the fan

The dealer was supposed to make sure you were happy when you left, not come back for re-do on anything. Thats Acuras goal, 100 percent happy at the time- no comebacks
They had a bad service rep they are working hard to get past
Average is Failing to them- the Japanese management style
Anything less thanperfect still needs attention- thats a good thing

I think they neglected to tell the dealer staff these things as well!

My Story:
So I was unhappy it took 3 days to diagnose my trans, but overall I couln't really complain UNTIL....they gave me the opportunity to think about complaining!

I get the call, actually the message on machine. Tried calling them back - no luck
They tried 2 more days when I was not in, at the same time of day (DUH)
so by now I was actually pissed at CS that they dont answer the number they call from
When they finally contact- I relay info about repair delay, initial no loaner avail, miscommunication with service writer and had to drag answers about warranty on new trans out of Service Manager when I picked up car and more.

Then the topper to me- I was doing a major hand clean and wax of the beloved TL and left instructions right on the work order- NO WASH
So I pick my baby up- all shiny and dripping wet, not pleased by that at all.
Give an overall rating of 2 of 10 and said that was generous.
Little did I know the tidal wave I had started
1.5 hours later, on a Saturday night, the Service Manager calls to see whats wrong
I review the case with him, come to a better understanding on my part of what had gone on and I am happy they did a good job overall, the trans is fine.
He offers oil change and full detail to make sure I am happy, I decline but its a nice offer
Also now have Manangers cell # if car does anything- call him directly

His words to me regarding surveys is "My head is on the chopping block"
A Service Writer will take heat,but their Manager is always the end of the line and gets it the worst.
Whether that is lower bonus paid, so many bad points and you are gone, or who knows, thats the reasoning behind the surveys- written or phoned.
I have even gotten a card survey after calling Customer Care where they specify- this is only about the help from person x , not your issues with dealer lol

As consumers we have to watch out for ourselves everywhere.
Checking that work ordered was performed, and no damage done to the car while they had it.
Welcome to Earth!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:05 PM
04 A-TL 6MT SSM/E N/Navi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ankur914
Hey A-TLvic882 - I bought my TL from this place solely cuz they had a good deal but I am reluctant to go to them for service because they (sales and service) dont even know what they are selling (dont know any stats about apec options or engines or what will be available the up coming year - and various other "shady" experiences) Anyway, can you elaborate on why we should not go there. I didnt understand your message (sorry) and Thanks!

Hey ankur914 - I bought my TL from them too, with almost the best deal at those time. But if you search throw my posts, you can find alot of shit what the did with a pictures. Soo if you can advise another stillership for TSB or claim repair, not for service I'll be running to them cause i have left 1 year warranty.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Very good info..

I never had a call from Acura or completed a survey when purchasing..

BUT when i took my TL in for service i filled out a quick card, and 2 days later i got a call from Acura corporate wanting to review my service and wanted to know why i rated them how i did and how they could be better.

I did give a couple of 8's and 9's but to me that is still a very good score,

I gave 8's and 9s' becuase the Acura Dealer in NJ had cameras installed on every single lift the technicians were working on, and you could watch your car being worked on while you were waiting which i have to say is awesome..

The dealer in Cali had a very nice waiting room but it pailed in comparison to the NJ dealer.

I did recieve a call from the service manager in CA and he thanked me for the accolades..

If AWESOME scores are SO important to them, then they HAVE to emphasive this importance to you when you arrive and make sure that they talk to you before you leave to make sure that you are happy....

If this is not done, then it is ALL on them..

You can't assume your customers are happy without talking to them, and if you do... you know what they say about asumptions..

So many problems can be avoided by being PROACTIVE.. and not REACTIVE being an operations manager this is a huge part of our business philosophy and if a service manager gives you SHIT explain this to them....

DESPER
Old 03-14-2007, 07:45 AM
Advanced

unreal but typical SA's IMO
Old 03-15-2007, 01:42 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by yohan81718
ajeetm, I read Sunnyvale Acura has nice service...
I bought my TL 6MT last week at Acura, Pleasanton, but I don't think I'm going back to that salesperson as he keeps on lying about things such as:
-Mud Guard + Wheel Lock = $150 as a special package (he told me mud guard runs $400 and wheel lock runs $100... what is he smoking?)
-Even Honda and Toyota give out key chains when you buy a new car, so I asked the salesperson to provide me one, and he told me parts department is closed for the day, if I come back on monday, he will get me one. I went back on monday, he pointed me where parts department is and tell me to go buy one. -.-

So, I'm looking for another Dealer to go for services.. probably Sunnyvale one since I work in Santa Clara. Ajeetm, which dealer are you planning on going?
No surprise there! Dealers are dealers and will squeeze every one of your pennies out, but the service department is different. Pleasanton's service is great and the mechanics are very good. The service manager told me 2 hours it ended up being 3 so he bought me a Coke and gave me a couple of Slim Jims he had in the desk to hold me over until dinner. Small stuff counts. It shows they are at least thinking about you as a human.

But, Lexus service is still better (just not in San Jose)
Old 03-15-2007, 04:38 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Funny how he mentioned Stevens Creek. I was guessing it was them all along. So it's not just their parts department after all, its also their service department too.

Honestly, I'd rather work on my own car and know that if I messed up, I know who did it. Plus unless if it was something really crazy that I couldn't do on my own, it would end up being cheaper to fix even with replacement parts than going to the dealer and getting ripped a few new ones on labor costs.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
Well honestly since that incident I haven't brought it back to a dealer at all. I got the oil changed at a local Honda mechanic. And when it comes time for the 15K service I'll bring it to Sunnyvale...
Old 03-17-2007, 01:48 AM
Pro

I am like OCP... I EXPECT to have good service... so you do good service you get 'average', not a 10... I will give an example I had with an employee of mine once.. there was a rating for attendance.. I put down 'expected'... he was above averge or execelent in all other items.. but got pissy on 'expected'... I said, "I expect you to be here on time every day"... kind of hard to get 'better than expected' is it not???

And a story on a new car... I worked with a guy who sold cars.. he told me some of his stories... one was selling a new car to an older couple... it had been hit in the side during transport... both front and rear door bashed in... They came by to see the car and would finalize the papers for delivery the next day... he said he had the car parked next to a bldg and took them out holding their arms... showing them the good side... then took them back in to work on the papers... someone quickly drove it to the repair shop to fix the doors... they never knew it was 'wrecked'...

I am sure there are many stories like this... if you don't know it happend, then it is OK by them...
Old 03-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why is it that most establishments nowadays feel like they are doing us a favor by taking our hard-earned money?
Old 03-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Banned

A few days after I had my '06 Tl serviced (replacing with new Honda/Acura MTF) I got a call from the Acura Corporate asking about how the service was and how I would rate it. I gave 3, because I did not get treated well and the 3rd gear problem is still there. Then a few days later I got a call from the Acura Customers Relations and started interrigating me. It was not nice at all. You know..... you are asking for trouble when interrigating their customers. And yes, I've been getting calls from them every night. This is stalking. Now I am sure and confident to go with a different maufacturer next time when I buy a car. My lease will be over in 1.5 year. I didn't lease this car to be interrigated, you know.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:12 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
hehe this thread reminds me of resevoir dogs "What do you call good service? take you in the back and suck your dick?"
Old 03-18-2007, 11:42 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^You a wild mofo Leedogg! For real man! LOL!
Old 03-18-2007, 11:57 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by meowCat
A few days after I had my '06 Tl serviced (replacing with new Honda/Acura MTF) I got a call from the Acura Corporate asking about how the service was and how I would rate it. I gave 3, because I did not get treated well and the 3rd gear problem is still there. Then a few days later I got a call from the Acura Customers Relations and started interrigating me. It was not nice at all. You know..... you are asking for trouble when interrigating their customers. And yes, I've been getting calls from them every night. This is stalking. Now I am sure and confident to go with a different maufacturer next time when I buy a car. My lease will be over in 1.5 year. I didn't lease this car to be interrigated, you know.
Dang cat! You gonna roll out on me? Stay strong! You know in every place there is good and bad! You know you love the black 6 MT like me! Keep ya head up!
Old 03-19-2007, 01:14 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
^^You a wild mofo Leedogg! For real man! LOL!
heh, its just that some of the people here are like, yep they did everything they were supposed to, nope there were no problems but the service was as expected, there was nothing excellent about it (ahem like taking me in the back and sucking my dick)