Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service issue and your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 12:41 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service issue and your opinion

I purchased my '04 about 6 weeks ago and have had the "rear deck rattle" since day one, metal on metal clicking when going over any type of minor bump in the road. Anyway, deal felt they fixed the problem about 4 weeks ago after keeping my car for the day. Their solution was none of the problems this board members were having but that the fitment of my rear seat to the body frame was the issue. Needless to say the issue was not corrected and my car has been returned for the same repair and has been in the shop for 9 days now as of today.

The story as of last week was that the rattle IS NOT the rear seat fitment like originally though!! The car interior is basically a shell from the front seats back as the dealer has removed the seats and rear deck cover, B-pillar covers, etc... and as of last Thursday and they have decided the rattle I am hearing is a bad body weld in the back of the car which is "clicking/rattling" when the car body flexs. The car interior is still a shell as of last Thursday and the dealership decided they could not get to the body weld in the B-pillar without removing the rear window first (keep in mind this IS a new car). My dealer even called the main Acura tech support center for direction on what to do to fix my car and Acura tells them to do what it takes to fix the problem even if it means removing the rear window. I half-heartedly agree to this!! Body shop has had my car Friday, Monday and yesterday and no further work has been done on the car for the body weld. I call the dealer yesterday and they state that the body shop "ace technician" needs to drive it as now they are not sure the problematic body weld is in the B-pillar. They want to be sure to pin-point the problem before they jump to assuming it's in the B-pillar at all.... GEESH... All during this time I am driving a '04 TL loaner so this is a good thing but it IS NOT THE CAR I AM PAYING TO DRIVE!!!!

Anyway to make a short story LONG... at what point do you call Acura Customer Service and ask them how much money they are going to spend to fix my "broken" car? My car has been in service for the last 9 days with today being the 4th day of those 9 days in a body shop for "further review" of the problem.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:50 PM
I'm Baaack!

I think you've been patient enough.. I would get ACS to clearly define when EXACTLY will they say enough is enough and just get you a new vehicle. Then have them conference in the Service Manager or the GM of your Dealership and clearly define the plan of action, including the point that the car is returned to Acura and replaced.

Good Luck! Keep us in the loop.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Advanced

Thanks Bremaster, I agree. The service guys at my dealership are great, don't get me wrong but I think all this work on a new car is a bad call on their part. Especially a brand new car!!! I cannot image what my dealership and the body shop will be charging back to Acura for this service...
Old 10-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87531

I am not sure if the above link applies to your car. It seems like your dealer has no clue re: how to fix the problem. It took my dealer about 6 hours to fix the similar problem. All they had to do was taking the back seat out. I would contact ACS before they destroy your car. It is highly likely that they will.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:35 PM
Advanced

Novice, I told the dealer the most common problems listed in this forum and they said none of them applied to this issue! Then they called "main Acura tech support" to see if anyone in the country had a similar issue. Acura gave them 3 or 4 suggestions of which none worked and that is when Acura gave the go ahead to do what is necessary to fix the issue. The only funny part to come out of the whole deal is to watch my local Acura technicians driving my car around town with two techs in the back seat area and one locked in the trunk trying to find this problem. That was priceless but they never found the actual source of the rattle in turn leading them to the possibility of a body weld problem.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel your frustration!! I think that's how they found my problem (one guy in the trunk)! I hope they find a solution-I just don't think it is right that they have to remove windows, etc.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:56 PM
Advanced

Unfortunately the rear window was removed last Thursday before going to the body shop. I am going by after work today to speak with the service manager or GM and ask about this situation. I want to give them one more chance before stepping to ACS directly as I will have to continue to have my car serviced with this Acura. They are the only Acura in my area.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:16 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by TLS-Fiend
Unfortunately the rear window was removed last Thursday before going to the body shop. I am going by after work today to speak with the service manager or GM and ask about this situation. I want to give them one more chance before stepping to ACS directly as I will have to continue to have my car serviced with this Acura. They are the only Acura in my area.
it sounds like the problem is with the body shop. anytime a car goes there it usually takes a while.