screw keyes acura

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008 | 07:30 PM
Instructor

screw keyes acura

ok so last time my car was in the body shop they lost my two radio codes, but i have the maintenance journal with the correct audio code. so i call keyes up and they say 105$ to do it and get the code. basically i say is this a mercedes or honda dealership? anyways i call tustin acura and the guy there helped me out perfectly and confirmed the code i have is correct, at the same time helped me find the serial of my radio trying to solve the problem. the problem is my radio and its under warranty im just pissed that i did all this with tustin on the phone and keyes want to rob people .
Old 11-13-2008 | 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

The dealer should be able to pull up the code for free for the radio, the serial can be obtained digitally via your vin or a sequence on the radio. Then they type it in the database and out comes your code. 105 is the rate if they want to charge you to remove the radio to get the serial.
Old 11-13-2008 | 11:23 PM
Advanced

that is unfortunate. i bought my TL there almost 1 month ago. i would recommend hitting up your sales guy and telling him what happened since i've heard nothing but good things about keyes acura.
Old 11-14-2008 | 12:50 AM
1 quarter mile at a time

I had the same issue, back in '05 i reset my battery for the first time and the Dealership had the wrong codes on record for my car, they ended up pulling the radio out to find the serial

disregard what i just said

Last edited by Ni$h21; 11-14-2008 at 12:51 AM. Reason: i can't fully read posts
Old 11-14-2008 | 05:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by csmeance
The dealer should be able to pull up the code for free for the radio, the serial can be obtained digitally via your vin or a sequence on the radio. Then they type it in the database and out comes your code. 105 is the rate if they want to charge you to remove the radio to get the serial.
You said two words that dont work well in the same sentence.... Dealer and free!
Old 11-14-2008 | 06:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by RACINGHART03
You said two words that dont work well in the same sentence.... Dealer and free!
It depends on the dealer and the situation. I think the most I got out of acura was a loaner for 4+ months, and that too I switched from TL to TL Navi to RL to TL nav to MDX to TL nav during those months...
Old 11-14-2008 | 11:45 PM
TL-S izdashiznittt in

I got my car from Keyes Acura. I havent had any negative experience with the service dept other than a fat dude named ANDY! Overall their service isnt bad. I took my car in to run diagnostics cause I had really bad(200 miles on a full tank bad) gas mileage and they said because I had a CAI there wasnt anything they could do about it. They did try to explain themselves, they said if I put the stock air box back in they would run the tests.
Old 11-21-2008 | 04:00 AM
Intermediate

KEYES KEYES KEYES--KEYES on VAN NUYS

Originally Posted by jackasswhy
ok so last time my car was in the body shop they lost my two radio codes, but i have the maintenance journal with the correct audio code. so i call keyes up and they say 105$ to do it and get the code. basically i say is this a mercedes or honda dealership? anyways i call tustin acura and the guy there helped me out perfectly and confirmed the code i have is correct, at the same time helped me find the serial of my radio trying to solve the problem. the problem is my radio and its under warranty im just pissed that i did all this with tustin on the phone and keyes want to rob people .

I was over there (KEYES) earlier this week with this problem:

http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/b07-060.pdf

I tired to explain the problem to their service guy and he wanted me to drop the car off that night, so that his guys can inspect it and resolve my issue. I then asked what we all must ask..."How Much?" --- "Around $700 ($500 for parts and $200 for labor)" he replies. I said peace, went home later that night, searched on our terrific AZ forum and found the problem and solution. Gosh I love this forum, new to me and can't wait until my profile allows me more access.

About the code, I've had this issue with my old Honda and simple gave them my name and they had all the info they needed (serial#) to give me the code over the phone.
Old 11-21-2008 | 08:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Crow
I was over there (KEYES) earlier this week with this problem:

http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/b07-060.pdf

I tired to explain the problem to their service guy and he wanted me to drop the car off that night, so that his guys can inspect it and resolve my issue. I then asked what we all must ask..."How Much?" --- "Around $700 ($500 for parts and $200 for labor)" he replies. I said peace, went home later that night, searched on our terrific AZ forum and found the problem and solution. Gosh I love this forum, new to me and can't wait until my profile allows me more access.

About the code, I've had this issue with my old Honda and simple gave them my name and they had all the info they needed (serial#) to give me the code over the phone.
I think you should be good now, a few days and a few meaningful posts.
Old 11-22-2008 | 11:23 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Keye's Acura is a mixed bag I have dealt with them several times with some good experiences and some horrible experiences. They don't always have the customers best interest in mind and sometimes you have to slap them in the face and remind them what's the right thing to do in some situations. These guys think their the greatest Acura dealer in the world and in reality their not even the best within 25 mile radius. If I had the time and L.A. traffic wasn't so bad I definitely wouldn't use them at all.
Old 12-29-2008 | 11:07 PM
Instructor

Keyes Acura is a den of thieves

After owning three Acuras over the last 5 years, I recommend avoiding Keyes at all costs.
Their sales people are bastards and the service dept. are crooks.
Read other posts and google Keyes and read over and over about how they just keep screwing everyone over.
Run away from Keyes! Dr's orders!
Old 12-29-2008 | 11:57 PM
Racer

I use Calabasas Acura 101. The only time you can catch me in Van Nuys is for Jury Duty .
Old 12-30-2008 | 08:00 AM
Burning Brakes

What about Santa Monica or Glendale for service?
Old 02-13-2009 | 02:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Are there any sales consultants on this board in the general area of Keyes in CA? I have a good customer and I want to send her to someone who will take care of her. Please PM me.
Old 02-13-2009 | 03:12 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Originally Posted by Colin
Are there any sales consultants on this board in the general area of Keyes in CA? I have a good customer and I want to send her to someone who will take care of her. Please PM me.
You work for Acura Colin? send her to Azine .. We'll treat her with Azine Aloha - Honesty and Sarcasm [for free]
Old 02-14-2009 | 02:36 PM
Intermediate

I bought my 07'TL Type S from Keyes Acura brand new in 07' and I live an hour away in the Antelope Valley. I take my car to honda for service however if I have an issue with Keyes, then I'd contact their customer service rep on site and voice my displeasure in a respectful manner. I'd also contact Acura Care and speak with a rep there.
Old 02-14-2009 | 02:54 PM
My Garage not

i think santa monica is honest when it comes to service and honoring warranty work but the catch is they are expensive. i never get the feeling that they would charge u for something and not do the work like jiffy lube.
Old 02-15-2009 | 11:26 AM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Originally Posted by TLS4TL
I bought my 07'TL Type S from Keyes Acura brand new in 07' and I live an hour away in the Antelope Valley. I take my car to honda for service however if I have an issue with Keyes, then I'd contact their customer service rep on site and voice my displeasure in a respectful manner. I'd also contact Acura Care and speak with a rep there.
Been there and done exactly that and nothing ends up getting done. Valencia Acura has a superior service department the only thing its 20 miles North and I can't always make it there.