Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satisfaction

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 03:55 PM
TL-S izdashiznittt in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Steerpike
This must be a honda/acura thing! I had my last car - Acura Legend LS - 14 years and I'd say it was the closest thing to perfect I've ever owned. But the one thing that drove me nuts until the end was the damn door! Unless I pushed it to the exact 'stop' position, it would fly back at me. If you go too far past the stop, it just flies back ... too little, it flies back ... . I guess it's a design decision; some cars just try to 'hold' the door in any open position, but by doing so don't have a strong hold, and the door will easily close on you in a strong wind or on a hill; other cars have very heavily sprung 'stop' positions, such that the door will forcibly spring outwards once it gets close to the 'stop' point, and thus, ding your neighboring car. The Acura seems to have 'gentle' stop points, not strong enough to spring outwards, but strong enough to hold the position in a breeze or on a hill.

The TL is actually a bit better at this than my Legend was, and I like the fact it has three intermediate stops. But it is funny how annoying this is ... my girlfriend always hated the passenger door for this!
dude i have a 07 TL-S and its sooooo annoying and its very funny how sombody bought up this subject haha cause it had always pissed me off and I never thought about writing a thread about it.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best car I've ever owned but the B pillar rattle does bother from time to time. The TL's 6sp is about as good as it gets