3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satisfaction

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry gauravp123 I guess your right. I dont ever ride passenger but it always felt to me like it was on the back too. Guess that is the problem with checking it after someone just got out of it. Dont take my concern for your car potentially not working right to be a personal attack..geezz. And whoever said the audi seat heater were amazing are right, their seat heaters go all the way to the top of the seat.

No lembowski I do not have this stock coin holder you are talking about...I would like one though.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:27 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gauravp123
what about the 4 coin slotted holder thing that can mount either in the center console or the driver side map holder on the bottom of the door?!?! isn't that for coins?!?

errrr..... that's already full.....LOL. Doesn't hold too much
Old 08-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Intermediate

I love the car to death but the dash seems to scratch and show fingerprints, etc very easily.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Racer

I've only had my TL-S for a little over a week and so far so good.....no complaints.

The only thing I think Acura should've done was to color the "Type S" logo in the front headrests........it blends in too much with the seat and doesn't tie the seats into the rest of the two tone interior.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
one thing that bothers me is using tiptronic on the 5AT from 1st to 2nd gear.
it shifts automatically to 2nd gear and I have no control over that until after 2nd gear.

i love the interior of the TL, also it's very comfortable.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:44 PM
2012 GLM SHAWD TECH TL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 5at doesnt shift from 1st to second however it will downshift at the given rpm
Old 08-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Safety Car

yea the cupholder position sux I personally hate the leather in the car.....but then again its not a Rolls.... what the hell's a tape player? who even puts those in their cars anymore?! lol The radio needs a lil refinement as well, MP3 CD's. everything else is pretty much satisfying.....engine growl is lovely car moves cant complain....actually im lying.... one addition should be made....IPOD DOCK
Old 08-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
The only thing that I'm not too thrilled with is the seats are not quite as comfy as the seats of the SAAB I traded in. There are tons of other things I would love to have, Like AWD, and always, always more power, but then I couldn't afford the car anyway.

There are plenty of things I like, but my favorites are playing mp3's and the overall fit and finish of the car. As of yet I have no rattles and having come from a convertible, the silence is amazing.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:30 AM
Stop Drop and Roll

any automatic transmission problems with anyone? i use to have a 2000 v6 accord and the tranny crapped out on me at 93k miles and at 6.5 years so i was lucky to get it replaced under warranty.

ive been looking at a couple of TLs and noticed that the aluminium trim has tons of scratchs on it. is there a way to get rid of it? how much would it cost to replace the aluminum trim?

any quality issues with the parchment interior and its leather or wood being easily scratched like the aluminum?

ive also noticed on the white diamond pearls, the bumper doesnt match the rest of the car. at first i thought it was suppose to be like that, but i dont think os anymore. how lame. but i still am in love with the wdp.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Cruisin'

- First and foremost, this car is an excellent value with a combination of great looks, power, handling, comfort and fuel economy.
- The interior styling is absolutely gorgeous and it's what sold me on the car at the dealership. I think it looks as good if not better than cars twice its price.
- Aggressive, sport sedan exterior styling.
- Plenty of power for when I feel like using it.
- 6 speed manual transmission with a silky smooth shifter (even more so with GM Synchromesh fluid).
- Nice combination of handling and comfort, only limited torque steer.
- Brembo brakes.
- Very good fuel economy for its size and power. I get around 23-26mpg in combined driving and this would be even better if I could keep the speed closer to 70mph than 90mph on the expressway.

Dislikes:
- Clutch feels like an on and off switch and with drive-by-wire throttle and quiet engine/exhaust make for a very disconnected feeling. This is my 3rd manual transmission car and I find it to be the most difficult one to drive smooth.
- Interior build quality is not what I expected out of Acura with way too many rattles.
- Stock Brembo pads squeal and make enormous amounts of dust.
- Back seats don't fold.
- Cassette player is useless to me and looks out of place.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Yurand
Dislikes:
- Clutch feels like an on and off switch and with drive-by-wire throttle and quiet engine/exhaust make for a very disconnected feeling. This is my 3rd manual transmission car and I find it to be the most difficult one to drive smooth.
- Stock Brembo pads squeal and make enormous amounts of dust.
- Back seats don't fold.
How long have you had your car? I have had several MT cars now too and I think that this might be the easiest to drive smooth. The car make it smooth with the rev matching and what not. I thought the same thing when I FIRST got it because the clutch is so ON/OFF, but once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake.

Get the Brembos fixed with the TSB to stop/limit the squeal.

Backseats don't fold or better handling, which do you perfer? That said I too would have liked something larger than our passthrough. A folding seat would have been nice.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by fish008
How long have you had your car? I have had several MT cars now too and I think that this might be the easiest to drive smooth. The car make it smooth with the rev matching and what not. I thought the same thing when I FIRST got it because the clutch is so ON/OFF, but once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake.

Get the Brembos fixed with the TSB to stop/limit the squeal.

Backseats don't fold or better handling, which do you perfer? That said I too would have liked something larger than our passthrough. A folding seat would have been nice.
I've only had the car for 3 months now. I can drive it smooth, but I feel like I need to concentrate more in this car to do that. I also find that it's easier to drive the car smooth with more throttle, but I prefer to baby it.

My inside pads were almost gone when I bought the car, so the TSB would not apply. I already replaced the pads with Axxis Deluxe Advanced and I'm very happy with them. They grip nicely, are completely silent and produce a fraction of the dust for 1/3 of the cost of brembo pads.

As far as the back seats, I bought the car for a practical daily driver so I actually wouldn't mind sacrificing a little bit of rigidity and handling for folding seats.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Safety Car

Folding Seats!!!!! Def..... Honda Better Be Listening!!! =)
Old 09-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Instructor

The third brake light lights up the entire rear window.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Burning Brakes

MY DAMN HEADLINER!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:43 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I transferred my answers from the other thread that got cancelled dammit! LOL!

I hate the fact that it looks so damn good that I feel compelled to park it a mile away from the front of the store so no one will park next to me. Oh yeah, I also hate that my year did not come with rear-cam and the text for songs or Mp3's! Although they did kinda make up for that with the DVD-A capability. I also hate how it seems to have a direct link to my bank account! (many, many mods) On the real, I love the FUCK outta my car! I know you guys probably can't tell that the way I hardly post or show pics...Just keepin' it real!

Wait one more thing, one more thing...I hate that it looks so DAMN good! Did I already say that?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Drifting

Received 221 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by xdaily
The third brake light lights up the entire rear window.
I noticed the same problem after getting my windows tinted. All I did was snap the cover in place and this problem went away. Good luck!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Drifting

Received 221 Likes on 181 Posts
I have a few minor desires and they focus with the controls mostly:

1. I would like the delay timer for sunroof and window controls to be hooked to the driver's door only (and not also to the front passenger door). This way I could finish closing my sunroof after the front passenger opens the door. I wind up leaving the car engine running for this brief time as a workaround to this.

2. After disabling the power windows for the non-driver's windows via the switch on the driver's door, I would like the ability to open these disabled windows via the driver's door controls. For example, you must disable the window lock in order to open the rear windows via the driver's door controls- why?

3. It would be great if the car remembered the fact that the MID was set to Trip Computer. This way I wouldn't need to push the MID's select button each time I drive the car. The car remembers the Trip A/B setting and temperature settings but can't remember that the Trip Computer was displayed.

Some minor issues that I have learned to live with. Otherwise, I love the car!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:54 PM
TL Hooker

I love how my WDP glistens at me.
I love the smooth ride.
I love the stock Michelins.

I do not like the downshift when coming to a redlight.
No Ipod interface.
I don't like that the previous owner put the front plate on and now the paint looks a little different because of fading.

2004 WDP AT.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:10 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
One other thing..I hate that it comes in other colors like WDP!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Intermediate

i dont hate anything about the car.
i do get slightly annoyed when i bump my elbow on interior piece below the b-pillar. last car was a coupe. the arm rest was longer and i sit fairly far back. i'll either get used to it, or there will be a small area of extra wear at that spot.
i cant wait to get the button placement memorized so i can adjust the fan or whatever without looking.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Safety Car

dave good luck on the button placement ive had it 2 yrs and im still not use to it lol!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by LaCostaRacer
I noticed the same problem after getting my windows tinted. All I did was snap the cover in place and this problem went away. Good luck!
When I bought the car the windows were tinted. I figured all of them did
this. hhhmmm Ill have to look at that, thanks.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Advanced

Love...Just about everything about this car!

Hate...The sevice dept. at my local dealer. And I wish they would have raised the arm rests, about a half inch + on both sides. Anyone else have a problem with getting comfortable?
Old 09-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Dislike that I have to push the key in before pulling it out, is there a point to that?

2nd on that feeling the need to park it far away. I dislike that, but not enough to let it get dinged. Sometimes I wish I had a beater, especially in crowded parking lots (eep).

2nd on that not enough mods thing. When I bought it I thought "there's got to be a ton of mods, its a honda" And, yea, there are too many around, but what do you expect from a car that's obviously superior to the rest of it's class.

Don't like that the key has to be in the ignition to work the radio.

Don't like that black is so hard to keep clean, but looks sooo damn good.

Don't like that I couldn't afford to get the S right now.

(moved from the locked thread to this one)
Old 09-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Burning Brakes

another thing i hate

my passengers pointing ahead & asking me, "what's that?''

'It's your airbag'
Old 09-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,600 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Overall I am very happy with the car. That being said the cup holders are in a dumb place for a 6spd, but so are the ones in my BMW 3 series.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tripnbeats
dave good luck on the button placement ive had it 2 yrs and im still not use to it lol!
lol
thats encouraging...thanks...
Old 09-12-2007, 03:42 PM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

Does anyone else have problems with the doors not staying open when you open them, I know it is weird but I find myself cusing my doors when my hands are full. It seems like the doors first noch is too close and the last one is too far, I usually get a feel for a door in a couple of days so I can just open it enough to hing open by itself but I am just nit picking.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Desert_TL
I test drove the ES350 three times, IS350 twice, A4, Z4 twice, 335i, C350 sport, avalon, '06 G35, RL, and TL twice. The TL offers the best value (what you get for the money). I'm very suspetable to buyer's remorse (for example the $600 watch I'm wearing right now). However, thankfully I don't have an OUNCE of buyer's remorse on the TL. It's pretty sweet.
Be glad you didn't shell out $7000 for a Rolex!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by NaplesTL
Does anyone else have problems with the doors not staying open when you open them, I know it is weird but I find myself cusing my doors when my hands are full. It seems like the doors first noch is too close and the last one is too far, I usually get a feel for a door in a couple of days so I can just open it enough to hing open by itself but I am just nit picking.
I've only had my TL two days, but I have noticed that. Overall, I love the car. I love the overall look, feel. One thing I was disapointed in was that the rear seat does not fold and the opening is so small.

By far, my biggest dissapointment in my 04 non-navi is the stereo display. It has that big display area, but it's not used. No radio song info, and no CD info???

CD 01/02 2:04

WTF? What year was this car made? My wife's 2004 Dodge Caravan shows song info. This along with the fact that it has a cassette makes the console look very 1990s, and not like a luxury car.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by WILLAY
hmmm i don't know if this happens to anyone else but...

i hate it when the TL downshifts on an automatic. It feels so uncomfortable... to describe it i would have to say it feels like a quick hard brake.

other then that i love everything else, i love the sporty drive feeling and steering!
OH, I absolutely HATE that as well. It makes me feel like something is wrong with it even though I've seen enough other people mention this so I know nothing is wrong I guess.

Let's see...what do I like about it? Will this forum even let me post a list that long, haha. Aside from the issue mentioned above, I can't say there's anything that I don't like! I'm $31k satisfied with the car
Old 09-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Pro

Haha, this thread is almost amusing to me, as this is my second reply to someone (see above). I guess there are 'little things' that you notice, but aren't that noticable. With that said, yes I too notice the door thing. I noticed it with my CL too, others cars I'm able to push the door open and have it stay open, rather than flying back shut on my legs as I'm getting out. I hear ya, I've noticed it's especially frustrating with a pizza in hand or something of that sort.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:44 AM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

LOL I know it isnt that bad just funny thing
Old 09-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jake14mw
I've only had my TL two days, but I have noticed that. Overall, I love the car. I love the overall look, feel. One thing I was disapointed in was that the rear seat does not fold and the opening is so small.

By far, my biggest dissapointment in my 04 non-navi is the stereo display. It has that big display area, but it's not used. No radio song info, and no CD info???

CD 01/02 2:04

WTF? What year was this car made? My wife's 2004 Dodge Caravan shows song info. This along with the fact that it has a cassette makes the console look very 1990s, and not like a luxury car.

My stereo display shows song and band info, is your's broke?
Old 09-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
His is an 04, you have an 07/08= upgraded version. His isn't broke.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Safety Car

LMAO yea man =)
Old 09-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by stillhere153
I am satisfied with everything but the position of the cup holders... this is my first automatic, but my brain is fixed on keeping my hand on the shifter... When I go to starbucks, the cups are in my way
I have a manual and my fiance like REALLY tall drinks. Like those 24oz sports bottles all the time. The cupholders are really annoying for anything taller than say 8" or so. Even the deeper one.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Instructor

This must be a honda/acura thing! I had my last car - Acura Legend LS - 14 years and I'd say it was the closest thing to perfect I've ever owned. But the one thing that drove me nuts until the end was the damn door! Unless I pushed it to the exact 'stop' position, it would fly back at me. If you go too far past the stop, it just flies back ... too little, it flies back ... . I guess it's a design decision; some cars just try to 'hold' the door in any open position, but by doing so don't have a strong hold, and the door will easily close on you in a strong wind or on a hill; other cars have very heavily sprung 'stop' positions, such that the door will forcibly spring outwards once it gets close to the 'stop' point, and thus, ding your neighboring car. The Acura seems to have 'gentle' stop points, not strong enough to spring outwards, but strong enough to hold the position in a breeze or on a hill.

The TL is actually a bit better at this than my Legend was, and I like the fact it has three intermediate stops. But it is funny how annoying this is ... my girlfriend always hated the passenger door for this!
Old 09-16-2007, 03:52 PM
TL-S izdashiznittt in

The only one thing that seriously needs to be changed and this is the only thing mind u. The TL-S needs to be AWD cause FWD drive is really annoying, even though i still love my car and look after it compulsivley. I have everything else in the car that I could ever want, you name it its there. I honestly can say after test driving every car in its class the TL and TL-S are the only cars in their class that offer so much for the right price. Im willing to debate this!!!

Quick Reply: Satisfaction