Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S/C TL vs Turbo IS300 Video

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 03:30 PM
The Boss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S/C TL vs Turbo IS300 Video

Near the end of this video, there is a few runs between a 2004 TL(5AT) and a 2002 IS300 (5MT).

Prior to having any Force Inductions, the 2004 TL was able to take the IS300 by 3~5 cars from 0~80mph when both vehicle were stock. However, in the video below, it shows Turbo > Supercharger especially when the Turbo is tuned while the S/C is just a straight bolt-on. The only way for the TL to overtake the Turbo IS300 is during highway runs.

The specs for each vehicle are as followed:

2004 Acura TL (EM member)
-Comptech Supercharged 278whp with 224 lb-torque (5 speed auto)

2002 IS300 (EM member
-TurboEast tuned 307rwh with 305 lb-torque (5 speed manual)

SUPERCHARGED TL VS TURBO IS300
Old 06-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Got VTEC?

Nice vids. That IS moves man!!
Old 06-12-2006, 03:48 PM
The Boss

^ thanks.

I went to school with the driver and is friends with a bunch of hardcore IS300 tuners and enthusiasts. The IS300 you see in the video is actually the SLOWEST Turbo IS300 in the group. They range from 306whp upto 890whp, my supercharger is just a turtle to them
Upcoming summer we'll have a big EM meet, and I'll post some videos then.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Got VTEC?

890 WHEEL horsepower?!!! WTF?!! How is that even possible?!!
Old 06-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Import and Domestic owner

I bet bklynpanman's car will give the IS300 a run. Damn, Id like to race him. It seems like he beat you the same length I did.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MTVtec

thats monster supercar numbers. bugatti competator!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:43 PM
JDM Laser Fogs!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool video. In the last part of the vid it seemed you guys were close er...
Old 06-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Future JDM Whore

nice video wat part of nj are you guys from.....dam i didnt hear about that keyport meet....
Old 06-13-2006, 10:52 AM
The Boss

Originally Posted by Da_iLLeZt_TL973
nice video wat part of nj are you guys from.....dam i didnt hear about that keyport meet....
We are from all over NJ, some Northern NJ, others central, and like myself Southern NJ. NJ isn't all that big, so we try to make it to every meet possible

Car is what brought us together, but it's friendship that make it last forever.

yes, I'll take some pictures for you next time I see him. His car has been featured in several magazines like superstreet, tuners, and other.

Originally Posted by againstallodds1
I bet bklynpanman's car will give the IS300 a run. Damn, Id like to race him. It seems like he beat you the same length I did.
Those runs are done when I had crappy EL42s and not shifting in SS mode. Remember, his car is turbo TUNED where our car is just a straight bolt-on. He has 300 lbs of torque, that's where the power came from the dig.

Originally Posted by brownie
Cool video. In the last part of the vid it seemed you guys were close er...
On highway, I was able to catch up and pass him because our TL's top speed is pretty fast. But from a dead stop, a 5MT is always faster than 5AT given the specs of 278whp vs 307rwhp and 224 torque vs 300 torque.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:07 AM
The Boss

here

under the hood

this man's car is IS300's fastest vehicle up to date.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Blue Wild Angel Music

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^

you know how much coin that guy has vested in that car?
Old 06-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Import and Domestic owner

I bet he cant even put down all those hp's till 3rd, the wheel hop and spin on that car must be sick.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
^ thanks.

I went to school with the driver and is friends with a bunch of hardcore IS300 tuners and enthusiasts. The IS300 you see in the video is actually the SLOWEST Turbo IS300 in the group. They range from 306whp upto 890whp, my supercharger is just a turtle to them
Upcoming summer we'll have a big EM meet, and I'll post some videos then.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

do u know a guy by the name of Derek in Jersey? he has a turbo Blue IS which i heard is at 500 whp or so now... has gold Volks le/ce28's ..
Old 06-14-2006, 07:36 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
that guy definitely isn't using factory internals. well....maybe, i wonder what hp the supra was good up to before you had to swap out the internals.

SSTS
Old 06-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by big mike 13
do u know a guy by the name of Derek in Jersey? he has a turbo Blue IS which i heard is at 500 whp or so now... has gold Volks le/ce28's ..
i seen him at all the englishtown shows i think. he also has an acura legend show car as well right?
Old 06-14-2006, 08:55 AM
The Boss

Originally Posted by big mike 13
yes, I know Derek. Let me see if I can dig up some pics
Old 06-14-2006, 09:13 AM
The Boss

This past sunday, T.E. project Stage X Turbo IS300 completed, our friend Juan got the car running at 503rwhp.

The specs can be seen below

AMS= Acosta Motorsports

Performance: (PFS/AMS custom "stage x" turbo kit)

* Supra MK4 TT internals (pistons,rods,rings,bearings)
* Supra MK3 R154 transmission
*Custom RPS 2jz-gte clutch
* Boost Logic's Custom dual ball bearing 67mm Turbo
*Toyomoto Tubular manifold
*Lexus GS400 V8/80mm throttle body
*mouth of intake manifold bored out by AMS.
* 3" aluminum i/c piping by AMS
* 4" Turbo filter pipe by AMS
* 4" HKS Mega FLow filter
* custom 3" downpipe by AMS
* Custom Full 3" exhaust by AMS
* 3" HKS carbon Ti muffler
* HKS cam gear
*PFS 720 cc injectors
*PFS high volume fuel pump upgrade
*PFS Electronics Interface Module
* PFS Custom Electromotive TEC³ stand alone engine management system
* PFS large 15"X23"X3" intercooler
*Turbosmart Wastegate
* HKS SSQ Blow off valve
*Turbo XS dual stage boost controller w/ rocket launcher switch
*Custom Line lock system by AMS
*"Devilsown" alcohol injection system
* Carbon fiber radiator panel by "autoteknic"

Suspension/brakes:
*Tokiko illumina 5-way adjustable shocks
* Tein Stech springs
* Sportbrakes.com "stage2" brake kit witch consist of:
brembo rotors Slotted & dimpled
PBR high performance ceramic brake pads
SS brake lines
* calipers painted gloss black with a G2 kit.

Exterior: (Car was completely painted over to insure a 100% paint match)
* JDM Top Secret Front bumper
* JDM Toyota altezza mesh grille
* JDM wald side skirts
* Custom Rear bumper
* C-west eyelids
* Seibon Carbon fiber hood with sides custom painted
* custom painted Tail lights, head lights,and emblems[All courtesy of Brian(Fartmanis300)]

In the cabin:
* Defi boost gauge
* Eugo wideband
* HKS Type-0 Turbo timer
* Line Lock Switch
* BC rocket launcher switch
* Methanol injection power switch

Wheels/Tires :
*Piaa "super Rozza" 2pc wheels ( 19x8 in the front,19x9 in the rear)
* Toyo proxes T1R Max performance tires (225/35/19 in the front,265/30/19 in the rear)

Some input on the following....

Performance:
I am very happy with the labor Acosta Motorsports has performed on my car...from cutting and boring out the intake manifold a little so its fully 3",to moving the TB on top of the valve cover so this way it receives less heat then being on top of the turbo,etc. they are a great shop with an excellent talented team and i highly recommend them to anyone. Boost Logic took a while to ship out my turbo ..but its understandable because i was like number #13 on the list..behind a whole bunch of supra guys. but the turbo was defiantly worth the wait.. its a PT67 modified with a Garret dual ball bearing Cartridge and it spools very quickly despite its size.

Suspension:
i feel like its really stiff at the moment...but i know the deal... i have to set it on the "2nd" setting for stock ride comfort.\

Brakes: "good bang for your buck" this is the ideal kit for anyone who doesn't autocross and does not need a BBK.. its a decent kit complete with brembo rotors(any way you would like...slotted,dimpled,drilled),SS lines,and PBR high performance ceramic pads..all for $500 from sportbrakes.com

Exterior: a lot of money and 4 months of waiting...but I'm very happy with the JDM top secret's front bumper quality and fitment. i wanted something different and that's exactly what i got. nothing special about the wald sides just got them because they flow really well with the TS front and line up real good as well. the Rear was originally the OEM rear bumper and a Vizage rear lip..but i told my body shop to shave the side markers off since it would look better with the front..since the front bumper doesn't have any...and i also told them to mold the vizage lip and to cut out the badge and mesh grille so it can look different...just a single line straight threw kind of like the L sportline. thanks to Brian (FartmanIS300) for a great job painting all of my Lights and emblems Black. The sides of the CF hood where painted...but instead of painting the sides to flow straight back...i told the body shop curve the line inward towards the windshield...again something just different.
i still think the exterior needs a little work though... maybe a aftermarket trunk spoiler or roof spoiler, i am open to suggestions.

Wheels:
i wanted the Luxury of a 19" diameter..but I dint want to sacrifice performance so i hit the market in search of a wheel with a nice design but yet lightweight. i put my stock 17" wheel and tire on my scale and they weigh 50 pounds together... i found this combination of piaa wheels/toyo tires..that despite the nice design,and how wide they where..they still weighed even less then the stock 17's...my front wheels currently weigh 45 lbs. and my rear weigh 48 lbs..so even going to 19" wheels.. i lost 14 lbs. all around.
i fell in love with these wheels ever since i first saw them on AMS's RX8 last September when piaa just came out with this model. i had never seen these on
a IS300 out here in the north east so that made me want them even more...it kinda upset me later on when i found out someone did have them out here in NJ..but i had my mind was set on these wheels for such a long time...that i just followed threw and ordered them. i think they will be coming off Real soon though..i am probably going with something 18x10..because i am currently working something out with Piaa.

503 rwhp @ 20psi... pump gas/meth injection...5500rpm

He can probably get into high 550+rwhp with some higher octane race gas.. but for now, it's already a beast. It's no 890rwhp but it's something.
Below are some photos

Engine shots:

Exterior shots:

Dyno:

Dyno Video
Old 06-14-2006, 09:20 AM
The Boss

This past sunday, T.E. project Stage X Turbo IS300 completed, our friend Juan got the car running at 503rwhp.

The specs can be seen below

AMS= Acosta Motorsports

Performance: (PFS/AMS custom "stage x" turbo kit)

* Supra MK4 TT internals (pistons,rods,rings,bearings)
* Supra MK3 R154 transmission
*Custom RPS 2jz-gte clutch
* Boost Logic's Custom dual ball bearing 67mm Turbo
*Toyomoto Tubular manifold
*Lexus GS400 V8/80mm throttle body
*mouth of intake manifold bored out by AMS.
* 3" aluminum i/c piping by AMS
* 4" Turbo filter pipe by AMS
* 4" HKS Mega FLow filter
* custom 3" downpipe by AMS
* Custom Full 3" exhaust by AMS
* 3" HKS carbon Ti muffler
* HKS cam gear
*PFS 720 cc injectors
*PFS high volume fuel pump upgrade
*PFS Electronics Interface Module
* PFS Custom Electromotive TEC³ stand alone engine management system
* PFS large 15"X23"X3" intercooler
*Turbosmart Wastegate
* HKS SSQ Blow off valve
*Turbo XS dual stage boost controller w/ rocket launcher switch
*Custom Line lock system by AMS
*"Devilsown" alcohol injection system
* Carbon fiber radiator panel by "autoteknic"

Suspension/brakes:
*Tokiko illumina 5-way adjustable shocks
* Tein Stech springs
* Sportbrakes.com "stage2" brake kit witch consist of:
brembo rotors Slotted & dimpled
PBR high performance ceramic brake pads
SS brake lines
* calipers painted gloss black with a G2 kit.

Exterior: (Car was completely painted over to insure a 100% paint match)
* JDM Top Secret Front bumper
* JDM Toyota altezza mesh grille
* JDM wald side skirts
* Custom Rear bumper
* C-west eyelids
* Seibon Carbon fiber hood with sides custom painted
* custom painted Tail lights, head lights,and emblems[All courtesy of Brian(Fartmanis300)]

In the cabin:
* Defi boost gauge
* Eugo wideband
* HKS Type-0 Turbo timer
* Line Lock Switch
* BC rocket launcher switch
* Methanol injection power switch

Wheels/Tires :
*Piaa "super Rozza" 2pc wheels ( 19x8 in the front,19x9 in the rear)
* Toyo proxes T1R Max performance tires (225/35/19 in the front,265/30/19 in the rear)

Some input on the following....

Performance:
I am very happy with the labor Acosta Motorsports has performed on my car...from cutting and boring out the intake manifold a little so its fully 3",to moving the TB on top of the valve cover so this way it receives less heat then being on top of the turbo,etc. they are a great shop with an excellent talented team and i highly recommend them to anyone. Boost Logic took a while to ship out my turbo ..but its understandable because i was like number #13 on the list..behind a whole bunch of supra guys. but the turbo was defiantly worth the wait.. its a PT67 modified with a Garret dual ball bearing Cartridge and it spools very quickly despite its size.

Suspension:
i feel like its really stiff at the moment...but i know the deal... i have to set it on the "2nd" setting for stock ride comfort.\

Brakes: "good bang for your buck" this is the ideal kit for anyone who doesn't autocross and does not need a BBK.. its a decent kit complete with brembo rotors(any way you would like...slotted,dimpled,drilled),SS lines,and PBR high performance ceramic pads..all for $500 from sportbrakes.com

Exterior: a lot of money and 4 months of waiting...but I'm very happy with the JDM top secret's front bumper quality and fitment. i wanted something different and that's exactly what i got. nothing special about the wald sides just got them because they flow really well with the TS front and line up real good as well. the Rear was originally the OEM rear bumper and a Vizage rear lip..but i told my body shop to shave the side markers off since it would look better with the front..since the front bumper doesn't have any...and i also told them to mold the vizage lip and to cut out the badge and mesh grille so it can look different...just a single line straight threw kind of like the L sportline. thanks to Brian (FartmanIS300) for a great job painting all of my Lights and emblems Black. The sides of the CF hood where painted...but instead of painting the sides to flow straight back...i told the body shop curve the line inward towards the windshield...again something just different.
i still think the exterior needs a little work though... maybe a aftermarket trunk spoiler or roof spoiler, i am open to suggestions.

Wheels:
i wanted the Luxury of a 19" diameter..but I dint want to sacrifice performance so i hit the market in search of a wheel with a nice design but yet lightweight. i put my stock 17" wheel and tire on my scale and they weigh 50 pounds together... i found this combination of piaa wheels/toyo tires..that despite the nice design,and how wide they where..they still weighed even less then the stock 17's...my front wheels currently weigh 45 lbs. and my rear weigh 48 lbs..so even going to 19" wheels.. i lost 14 lbs. all around.
i fell in love with these wheels ever since i first saw them on AMS's RX8 last September when piaa just came out with this model. i had never seen these on
a IS300 out here in the north east so that made me want them even more...it kinda upset me later on when i found out someone did have them out here in NJ..but i had my mind was set on these wheels for such a long time...that i just followed threw and ordered them. i think they will be coming off Real soon though..i am probably going with something 18x10..because i am currently working something out with Piaa.

503 rwhp @ 20psi... pump gas/meth injection...5500rpm

He can probably get into high 550+rwhp with some higher octane race gas.. but for now, it's already a beast. It's no 890rwhp but it's something.
Below are some photos

Engine shots:

Exterior shots:

Dyno:

Dyno Video
Old 06-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn I saw one similar to this one the other day in North Plainfield, but I don't think it was his, I don't remember seeing an intercooler. You should definately get these guys to come to the Ross Dock meet , they would definately piss of the M3 guys
Old 06-14-2006, 11:30 AM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

DAMMMMMMMN that reminds me of why i love IS300s sooooooo much!!

I'll take one in black please, turbo of course.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:28 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by CL Platano
Damn I saw one similar to this one the other day in North Plainfield, but I don't think it was his, I don't remember seeing an intercooler. You should definately get these guys to come to the Ross Dock meet , they would definately piss of the M3 guys

lol... there are a ton of Boosted IS300 up in that area. There are more than 15 Boosted IS300 just in the North East section. 2 in Cherry Hill (South Jersey), 3~4 in New Brunswick/North Brunswick, 5~8 from North Jersey to New York/CT.

I dug out all the pictures of boosted that I have in my PC so far...

North Jersey

Central Jersey/New Brunswick
The one I raced in the video

New York

^fastest of all boosted.

South Jersey

Connecticut

Some Dyno Charts

Old 06-14-2006, 03:34 PM
The Boss

That's just our IS300 group, not including the Supra's
most of us are passionate at what we put into cars, for more information, visit us at www.teamelusive.com.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:35 PM
The Boss

That's just our IS300 group, not including the Supra's
most of us are passionate at what we put into cars, for more information, visit us at www.teamelusive.com
Old 06-14-2006, 03:42 PM
The Boss

Latest meets

Old 06-14-2006, 03:42 PM
The Boss

but Acura > IS300

<--- the only member still got Acura out of entire crew lol..........
Old 06-14-2006, 06:47 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

wow...turbo's are cool.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:01 PM
JDM Laser Fogs!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
but Acura > IS300

<--- the only member still got Acura out of entire crew lol..........
lol
Old 06-15-2006, 02:22 AM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Damn it.. I knew I should've gotten the IS instead of the TL-S back in 02.

RWD 2JZ-GE + Turbo > FWD J32A + Super Charger

Of course... I'm assuming that any IS300 turbo owner running more than 400 whp has probably swapped out the 2JZ-GE internals for the 2JZ-GTE internals. And yeah... TL compare to a Supra? I think not.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Instructor

the one is300 in the pics is my cousin, its fucking fast
Old 06-18-2006, 01:18 AM
The Boss

^ which one?
Old 06-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Instructor

the graphite one with the A grill
Old 06-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,663 Likes on 928 Posts
Originally Posted by BraveDemon
Damn it.. I knew I should've gotten the IS instead of the TL-S back in 02.

RWD 2JZ-GE + Turbo > FWD J32A + Super Charger

Of course... I'm assuming that any IS300 turbo owner running more than 400 whp has probably swapped out the 2JZ-GE internals for the 2JZ-GTE internals. And yeah... TL compare to a Supra? I think not.
But performance aside, the TL-S is a much nicer car than the 1G IS.

3~4 in New Brunswick/North Brunswick
Right in my backyard.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:36 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by NsX_XsN
the graphite one with the A grill
You mean Peter?

mmmmmmmmmm Peter brought some awesome chicken at the annual TE BBQ.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:37 PM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

You mean Peter?

mmmmmmmmmm Peter brought some awesome chicken at the annual TE BBQ.

TE?

Turbo East?
Old 06-20-2006, 01:25 AM
Future JDM Whore

lol i go to school in new brunswick we should all meet up and chill one day so i can check out a couple is300's
Old 06-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
awesome vid man....

I love both cars... IS300 is nice but stock is slow.... ONe thing i dont like about them is that you gotta spend around 15+ more to make them fast as hell...
Old 06-22-2006, 05:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
awesome vid man....

I love both cars... IS300 is nice but stock is slow.... ONe thing i dont like about them is that you gotta spend around 15k+ more to make them fast as hell...
Old 06-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TL260power
awesome vid man....

I love both cars... IS300 is nice but stock is slow.... ONe thing i dont like about them is that you gotta spend around 15+ more to make them fast as hell...
I don't think 15K??? My best friend has a 398WHP IS and he's got the Stage 2.5 SRT kit. He didn't spend anywhere close to 15K on his car. But you are right, they are pretty slow stock. When he had stage 1 on his car on low boost I was still faster than he was in my 03 CL 6MT
Old 07-01-2006, 01:06 PM
The Boss

^ depending on what kind of boost you get. Boosted IS300 can range from simply 260rwhp and upto 890rwhp.

check out TE forum for more detail if anyone's interested

Quick Reply: S/C TL vs Turbo IS300 Video