Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The RR Journals: Ultimate Parts: Floor Jacks

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
The RR Journals: Ultimate Parts: Floor Jacks

Those who have been to RR's Garage know that while it is not the cleanest or prissiest around, there are great tools galore. Having been in the car biz and a racer/enthuisiast since I was 14, I have assembled a lot of tools that I consider "Best in Class". I mean, how many people do you know that have the brake bleeder tool for the NSX? (Hint: it is needed because the master cylinder is mounted way low in the Front of the car, not in the engine bay towards the back).

When I was a poor student/weekend racer, cost was everything, so finding quality tools that were cheap was paramount. A modicum of success in life has allowed me to focus new purchases on buying the best for the purpose, and cost be damned.

This series will be sharings on parts that strike me as being particularly excellent, and in the long run, more economical, because in most cases, the quality will allow you to recover your investment over time.

Around this time several years ago, I was searching for a high quality floor jack, with an extended reach AND a very low minimum saddle height. I needed it to make jacking up the S2000 easier - instead of a multi-step event involving the side jack positions, then the undercar jack points, I wanted one solution.

I found it in the AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ jack. Made in Denmark, this thing has a minimum saddle height of just 3.1", and maintains this for about 16" of reach. Measurements had edstablished this was just what The Rage Man needed. The jack also has a high lift height, good weight capacity (2800 pounds), moderate weight (65 pounds), and some accessories that make practical and safety sense.
The thing is beautifully made, and has performed flawlessly in the years I have had it. The only bad thing about it is the wheels, esp. the front wheels - they consist of a plastic wheel with a large O-ring set in the center - this probably addresses something only a Dane can fathom, because I do not get it - and neither does anyone else who has used or owns the jack. The o-rings tend to split, crack, disintegrate - yesterday, one migrated to the 4th Dimension. It was on when I started doing a brake fluid flush/bleed on the S2K, but was gone when I was cleaning up. Since the storage to car distance was all of 6 feet, where else could it have gone?

Anyway, a good place to obtain the jack is Ultimate Garage. They have a lot of experience with the jack, the importer, etc. This is important for a quality product sourced outside of the US (aren't they all?) but lacking the support of a large retailer like Sears for parts. They are even working on some high-tech wheel solutions.

http://www.ultimategarage.com/acjacks.html

UG's prices are mid-stream for this jack - you can always buy it cheaper somewhere else, but then when you need customer service, you run the risk of getting a "Page not Found" on your browser. You know the drill.

I say just buy the thing - but for the Doubting Thomases, here is a jack Face-Off (a Jack-Off?) that has lots of pics, compares product features, etc.

http://www.vorshlag.com/tech_jacks1.asp
Old 11-21-2005, 10:05 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool thanks. RR. Always wanted to get one of these and did not know from where to start.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:22 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I use a Norco 71230A low profile jack. I have been using it since around '98. Definitely one of the best investments I have ever made. Not to mention it was at the time the lowest profile jack on the market. www.norcoindustries.com It's also the only jack I have been able to get under my previous slammed cars and friends slammed cars as well.

Old 11-22-2005, 10:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
i got this last year and i love it!...
and you definatly get what you pay for as far as quality and
aggravation levels of tools is concerned...
do yourselves a favor and get high quality tools!!!
the cost more than makes up for the aggravation in dealing
with the 'made in china' deals....

Craftsman 1.5 ton Jack
1.5 ton aluminum/steel floor jack.
Speedy lift feature, 2 pumps of handle bring saddle to the chassis.
Low profile design for low clearance vehicles.
Padded handle protects vehicle from nicks.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought this Torin 3 ton jack - my old crafstman would not reach high enough - this one does. $59 at Pep Boys. Min is 5", but that is OK for both my TLs and she goes to 20"

Just gotta get a pad or something for the bar - she tried to bite my bumper - luckily I caught it before it made contact.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Does anyone read this

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Where are you guys placing the jack on the car? I know where the one that comes with car goes. But if you use one of the big floor jacks in the same place it will bend the tabs on the car.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
on the front, there's a spot dead center underneath the engine just beyond the radiator where you can put it on the front.

on the back, dead center there's a spot where there is a hook ( might be a tow hook ), and you can place the jack seat there as well

these are other spots in case you don't want to use the usual spots on the sides
Old 11-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by Donte99TL
Where are you guys placing the jack on the car? I know where the one that comes with car goes. But if you use one of the big floor jacks in the same place it will bend the tabs on the car.

Actually it won't bend them at all. I have used those to jack up all my cars as well as friends and have yet to bend one. Usually I jack the car up in the front where underneath the car in the middle where there is a spot for the jack. Either that or I use the rear tow hook. All depends where on the car I am working. If oil change, front brakes, or front suspension I jack in the front. If I rotate tires I lift on the side. If its rear brakes, rear supension or anthing else in the rear its the rear tow hook.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
There's pictures and a lot of info in this thread.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:45 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
It's kind of funny. I was thinking I needed a new jack this weekend and was looking on-line at them. I have this cheapo 3 Ton Allied brand (Chinese) that I got at BJ's about 10 years ago. All I needed to do was top it off with jack oil and it was back to full operation.

No doubt that you get what you pay for but I can't complain with what I got for the price. I think it was around $70 back then. It looks a lot like TBone2004's.

When it finally gives it up I'll probably go Craftsman. That Danish one is really nice but beyond what I need for my occasional use. I used to use the jack more but now it is pretty much for tire swap-over in the winter and spring.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Not a Blowhole

[QUOTE=deandorsey]i got this last year and i love it!...
and you definatly get what you pay for as far as quality and
aggravation levels of tools is concerned...
do yourselves a favor and get high quality tools!!!
the cost more than makes up for the aggravation in dealing
with the 'made in china' deals....

Hey Deano: doesn't it say "Made in China" on your jack? I've had a MIC jack for many years as my brute force unit, but the AC jackl is a jack apart.

Awesome picture though - let me see the fine print.

I have one of those "race jacksd" and they are OK, but too shallow for my needs with the S2000.

Others - I have not seen the jack tabs on the side panels bent, but use a 2x4 or a rubber saddle, and be sure the jack saddle is seated properly. Also make sure you are actually jackling on the reinforced section of the side underpanel.

Me, I use the front and rear jack locations - I suggest spraying some nbright yellow paint on the front one, cause if you miss, you can do harm underneath.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Not a Blowhole

Guys - I think posting all these other jacks is a bit of a hijack, although well intentioned no doubt. Perhaps start another thread on "cheap jacks that get the job done for me" or some such. I laid out the criteria for this series pretty carefully, and would like to have it retain its original criteria - thanks.

For example, I love the Facom oil filter wrench - but if 10 people are going to then post a channel lock, I will pass. Get the point?
Old 11-23-2005, 04:00 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Originally Posted by Road Rage
Guys - I think posting all these other jacks is a bit of a hijack, although well intentioned no doubt. Perhaps start another thread on "cheap jacks that get the job done for me" or some such. I laid out the criteria for this series pretty carefully, and would like to have it retain its original criteria - thanks.

For example, I love the Facom oil filter wrench - but if 10 people are going to then post a channel lock, I will pass. Get the point?

Actually RR your thread stated: "Floor Jacks", as if to discuss - floor jacks.... It's not like you mandated a specific "jack response cost minimum" - "criteria".

Other than that, what type of responses were you actually looking for??
--"This series will be sharings on parts that strike me as being particularly excellent"
Was it only you that was to respond due to us not really knowing what you find "particularly excellent".
Also, your topic: "floor jacks", was left intact by all contributors. No-one busted in chatting about a scissor jack etc.. So the oil filter analogy??????.

In my case, my garage "is" spotless and I own well over $14K of Snap-on tools from my motor-head days, but I too only have a heavy duty Sears/Craftsman floor jack.. Purchased back in 1991, min saddle height is about 3.5 and it's never even had a leak nor issue with the front castor's, etc. in near 15 yrs of service. Less than $100 and definitely gets the job done.. Superb investment.

RR, you obviously know you're respected here as an expert in many areas but your above reply tends to take your rep elsewhere.

Just one mans observation/constructive criticism.

You definitely have a nice floor jack though...

Cheers
Old 11-23-2005, 04:41 AM
Now with i-Vtec

I only posted mine becaused I believe it is along the same lines as yours. At the time ('98) it was around $200 which was a lot for a jack and someone barely outta high school. However, it has been one of my best investments to date. Not to mention it still works as easy today as the day I bought it. Even with the TL as low as it is and how far the front plate is set back under the car it fits with no problems whats-so-ever. I had no intentions to hi-jack your thread. I just wanted to show another highly recommended jack on the market made with quality parts.

I didn't even click on your above link. :owned However, they actually tested the Norco jack that I have. Interesting and they gave it 4 stars. Personally I would have given it 5 outta 5 but maybe I'm a little biased.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:10 AM
Team Anthracite Member

and 'yall made fun of my "Where to Jack" thread months ago!

Originally Posted by Donte99TL
Old 11-23-2005, 07:26 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Uh, maybe you need to get over yourself as the authority on everything. While your info is appreciated it is still one man's experience and opinion. The purpose of a forum is for many to share their experiences, triumphs and failures. It is not for the rest of us to gather around one man and only follow his lead or opinion. This is not an attack, just an observation. I like reading your opinions, but it is exactly that - an opinion. I was surprised as some others were to your reaction of losing the spotlight on your precious jack. Relax man - enjoy life - you'll live longer.

What value is there in a thread that only discusses one type of jack? And sorry RR, these other jacks are not cheap - in fact most probably do exactly what yours can do. Thats right, I said it. Same as yours. So get over it - this site is not "RoadRagezine".

Old 11-23-2005, 07:44 AM
Horny.

The better jack: Torin Rapid Lift--3 1/8" to 22". All for $135.

Low enough for any car and high enough for SUV.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:47 AM
Horny.

Originally Posted by TBone2004
Uh, maybe you need to get over yourself as the authority on everything. While your info is appreciated it is still one man's experience and opinion. The purpose of a forum is for many to share their experiences, triumphs and failures. It is not for the rest of us to gather around one man and only follow his lead or opinion. This is not an attack, just an observation. I like reading your opinions, but it is exactly that - an opinion. I was surprised as some others were to your reaction of losing the spotlight on your precious jack. Relax man - enjoy life - you'll live longer.

What value is there in a thread that only discusses one type of jack? And sorry RR, these other jacks are not cheap - in fact most probably do exactly what yours can do. Thats right, I said it. Same as yours. So get over it - this site is not "RoadRagezine".
Agree!

Only snobs think more expensive is better. The price and place of production has little to do w/quality of the jack.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Team Anthracite Member

I wish I had seen this - I ended up buying my setup in pieces. I first went out and got some jack stands - Craftman I think - 3 ton and then while I was there I saw the chocks and figured maybe I should use them instead of a block of wood I always used and then a few weeks later when I went to use the stands - I discovered my existing craftsman jack would not take the car high enough to get it on the stands, so I went on a quest to find a jack with a high lift range - that is how I found my Torin. Ended up with all the same pieces, but would have been less headache and quicker to grab what you got pictured below. I like that it is 22". I think mine is 20" - maybe actually 19" where my craftman topped out at 16".

Originally Posted by TXXXX
The better jack: Torin Rapid Lift--3 1/8" to 22". All for $135.

Low enough for any car and high enough for SUV.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:44 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,285 Likes on 2,643 Posts
No matter what floor jack you use always use jackstands with the jack if you are under the vehicle. Never rely on just a jack.

Last year a co-workers close friend was killed when a car fell on the friend while working underneath alone. This friend was a experienced mechanic who had restored a handful of American muscle cars and had a extensive shop in a detached garage. He also had several pairs of jackstands in the shop. Unfortunately his 18 year old son discovered him.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:47 AM
Horny.

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
No matter what floor jack you use always use jackstands with the jack if you are under the vehicle. Never rely on just a jack.

Last year a co-workers close friend was killed when a car fell on the friend while working underneath alone. This friend was a experienced mechanic who had restored a handful of American muscle cars and had a extensive shop in a detached garage. He also had several pairs of jackstands in the shop. Unfortunately his 18 year old son discovered him.
Good advice. I always stick couple stands before going under the car. And yes, jack can fail (bad seal, hydraulic fluid leak, etc...)
Old 11-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Then you should try the "AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ jack" I hear they are the BEST and this could never happen using this jack

Originally Posted by TXXXX
Good advice. I always stick couple stands before going under the car. And yes, jack can fail (bad seal, hydraulic fluid leak, etc...)
Old 11-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Horny.

I wish I had seen this - I ended up buying my setup in pieces. I first went out and got some jack stands - Craftman I think - 3 ton and then while I was there I saw the chocks and figured maybe I should use them instead of a block of wood I always used and then a few weeks later when I went to use the stands - I discovered my existing craftsman jack would not take the car high enough to get it on the stands, so I went on a quest to find a jack with a high lift range - that is how I found my Torin. Ended up with all the same pieces, but would have been less headache and quicker to grab what you got pictured below. I like that it is 22". I think mine is 20" - maybe actually 19" where my craftman topped out at 16".
JC Whitney, and free shipping too (don't quote me on the free shipping, but it is advertised on their site).
Old 11-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Horny.

Then you should try the "AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ jack" I hear they are the BEST and this could never happen using this jack
Good point. The stuff at UG are way over price and preppy guy can buy them. Do not get me wrong, the tools are nice, but over price. I have Facom wrenches, Snap-On, Mac, Craftsman, Knipex, etc.... Prefer Snap-On rachets, sockets, Mac Adjustable wrench, Facom combination wrench, Knipex pliers, etc.....

And TBone2004, to your offer: Thanks, but no thanks.

I would NEVER buy a jack that has plastic wheels.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Instructor

While I've read most of your posts and found them informative, it seems you carry an attitude that AcuraZine revolves around you.. Let me quote the dictionary seeing how you have a warped sense of what a forum actually is...

--------
fo·rum ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fôrm, fr-)
n. pl. fo·rums, also fo·ra (fôr, fr)

1. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
2. A public meeting place for open discussion.
3. A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.
2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
3. A court of law; a tribunal.

--------

If you'd like to post your ideas without hearing other opinion, I'd suggest making your own webpage.. Till then, get over yourself...
Old 11-23-2005, 08:41 PM
Not a Blowhole

The point of my posts have always been to share info, but in this case I was also trying to make a point that it is in everyone's best interest to keep threads on point, so that they have some semblance of continuity - some of you have taken the opportunity to make this a personal slamfest. I mean, dictionary postings of what a Forum is - give me a break - then why do we have moderators that close posts, move them to sub-forums, etc.? It is an attempt to bring order to chaos, obviously. (I'll try to find a URL in Google that explains it for those that slept through "Re-stating the Obvious" class).

I personally would welcome seeing more posts that are quite specific in their constructs - it helps reduce the amount of repetitive babble, and it would help me (and others I would think) decide whether to engage or not engage. How many "hey guys - just got a tL - what's the deal on the oil change interval?" threads can one endure?

"Ultimate" parts does not mean cost is the criterion, but like most things, quality and cost are related. So the thread title did have some qualifying terminology, and of some of you want to see that as a "class struggle" issue, then that is much more about you then about me (the "preppy" ref to UG is a good example). And I do not see where any of the Sears or Harbor Freight specials provided the overall performance of the AC Jack - esp in regards to reach, where nothing comes close. (BTW, I have a Sears and a Harbor Freight - but I thgink they are only the ultimate in being ultimate door stops). So how are the also-rans "ultimate: anything, other than "here is what I bought"? That was the point of my follow-up trying to put some dimesnion and mental constructs around the whole thing - apparently lost on some of you.

This Forum has needed a Technical section for a very long time, where those of a like mind can congregate, rather than having this General Forum which as often as not a thread starts discussing an elephant, and ends up talking about a camel. The S2KI.com Forum even has sub-forums for various levels of techie-dom, and it sure helps keep things focused. One would not see a "be sure to use jack stands" add - it is so obvious as to be laughable, except in the 101 section. Never did I suggest that even a $10,000 jack should be used without jack stands - plus, there are various qualities of jack stands, and that was going to be the subject of another "Ultimate Parts" post, but that is now very unlikely to see the light of day.

My attempt to provide some order may have rubbed some of you the wrong way, but it is not for me to "get over myself", but I would suggest rather for you to do some deliberation before hitting the Submit key. There is very little I post here that has any benefit to me, so I'd like to think the posts are considered useful, because it is not ego gratification that drives me to post, and if this is the last one I did post, do you think I would fall into a deep depression and open my veins in a warm tub, like the Romans did? Hint: the answer is no.

And what kills me is that there are many cases where a month after posting an "eat crap and die" at me, I will get an email starting with "Help!". and where I would have every right to say "Go %&^ yourself, help is what is offered. I am heading over to S2KI.COM for a while - the air seems a bit fresher, the thinking a bit less muddled, than some other
Old 11-24-2005, 01:11 AM
WDP Director of R & D

Wow,

Reminds me of a guy in college. Nice guy, very articulate and knowledgeable, but the minute you disagree with him and/or he felt "his" thought process was being questioned, he acted like the whole world was against him... Like here, he emulated a child, "picked up his ball and went home".

Now, I don't normally respond like this and did so on my first reply only to provide a friendly bit of constructive criticism. RR, your above reply to all completely finalized what obviously many were already thinking regarding your personality. You are an expert in some areas and were respected for that, I even gave you kudos on several occasions. You've completely stepped on your own Johnson here.

"I would suggest rather for you to do some deliberation before hitting the Submit key"
--Damn,,, now there's a thought...

Basically, you took your own thread and turned it into a "mine is better than yours".. IE, my ultimate "part" is better than all of your "door stops", -- even though it has an inherent flaw (articulated by you) like plastic weight bearing wheels that fail.. Nothing "ultimate" about that in my book. The thread had not been "hijacked" and was progressing nicely to that point...

"If this is the last one I did post, do you think I would fall into a deep depression and open my veins in a warm tub, like the Romans did? No"
--Nor will we.... (Why all the drama?? Like the guy/reaction I mentioned - why remotely reference suicide due to someone disagreeing with a post on a forum??)

Anyway, like I said, normally I wouldn't even respond like this - sorry for my rant folks. I'm just glad others "perceived" the tone presented/authored by the above in so many like threads.. It's not required nor by any means "impressive"...

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Cheers
Old 11-24-2005, 01:44 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KJSmitty
Wow,

Reminds me of a guy in college. Nice guy, very articulate and knowledgeable, but the minute you disagree with him and/or he felt "his" thought process was being questioned, he acted like the whole world was against him... Like here, he emulated a child, "picked up his ball and went home".

Now, I don't normally respond like this and did so on my first reply only to provide a friendly bit of constructive criticism. RR, your above reply to all completely finalized what obviously many were already thinking regarding your personality. You are an expert in some areas and were respected for that, I even gave you kudos on several occasions. You've completely stepped on your own Johnson here.

"I would suggest rather for you to do some deliberation before hitting the Submit key"

Basically, you took your own thread and turned it into a "mine is better than yours".. IE, my ultimate "part" is better than all of your "door stops", -- even though it has an inherent flaw (articulated by you) like plastic weight bearing wheels that fail.. Nothing "ultimate" about that in my book. The thread had not been "hijacked" and was progressing nicely to that point...

"If this is the last one I did post, do you think I would fall into a deep depression and open my veins in a warm tub, like the Romans did? No"
--Nor will we.... (Why all the drama?? Like the guy/reaction I mentioned - why remotely reference suicide due to someone disagreeing with a post on a forum??)
Well said... Have fun on S2KI.com RR, hopefully no one there will ever challenge you! :gheyhug:
Old 11-24-2005, 02:50 AM
Does anyone read this

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Wow I thought this day would never come but it has. RR getting ripped on but thepeople doing the ripping have a valid point.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Instructor

jeez, just crapped on the guy's thread. my goodness.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:20 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,285 Likes on 2,643 Posts
Well written post, kinda feel sorry for the S2K forum folks now.

Originally Posted by KJSmitty
Wow,

Anyway, like I said, normally I wouldn't even respond like this - sorry for my rant folks. I'm just glad others "perceived" the tone presented/authored by the above in so many like threads.. It's not required nor by any means "impressive"...

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Cheers
Old 11-24-2005, 09:30 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
That AC jack is SICK. Puts my craftsman to shame
Old 11-24-2005, 09:37 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
RR, love your posts, you're a valued member. You're one of the few people whose posts have actually helped me with my 3G

That said, the people do have a bit of a point. I don't think you're thread was hijacked, I think it's only appropriate a thread like this turns into the definitive jack thread. It is a forum afterall.

No need to run off though, you should be flattered that you're able to inspire such active discussion. We could slap your posts in a Technical Section, but then it would be you and 3 others twiddling your fingers, what fun would that be?

Face the world (or AcuraZine in this case) with a smile and a smile you will receive in return.

Happy Thanksgiving brother... keep up the good posts... we know you really don't want to be spending your time at S2Ki
Old 11-25-2005, 09:05 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

Originally Posted by soopa
RR, love your posts, you're a valued member. You're one of the few people whose posts have actually helped me with my 3G

That said, the people do have a bit of a point. I don't think you're thread was hijacked, I think it's only appropriate a thread like this turns into the definitive jack thread. It is a forum after all.

No need to run off though, you should be flattered that you're able to inspire such active discussion. We could slap your posts in a Technical Section, but then it would be you and 3 others twiddling your fingers, what fun would that be?

Face the world (or AcuraZine in this case) with a smile and a smile you will receive in return.

Happy Thanksgiving brother... keep up the good posts... we know you really don't want to be spending your time at S2Ki
Like he said. I always look forward to reading your posts.

As I read your post I wondered how anyone would be able to contribute without opening the discussion up to all those who have their own favorite floor jacks. How could it NOT have gone that way ?

I agree we need a "technical" forum here with a format that will be adhered to and yet invoke participation. If it is single sided it is no longer a forum but a tutorial. That said maybe we should ask AZ to set up a thread that only the opener can update so it is locked to all except the thread creator. This would facilitate the "tutorial" format and put an end to hijacks.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
A word to the wise....

What a concept! Didactic, empiracal threads delivered from an unshakeable soap box by a bloviating self-proclaimed expert.

Some, like RR, would have the experience and credentials to know whereof they speak combined with an ability to articulate his message.

Others, would be blathering idiots, in spasmodic verbal ejaculations with no nexus to reality.

Debate is the test of fire for ideas. The good ones survive; the bad ones don't.

And remember always: Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody has one.

Further, in these parts, everybody is entitled to their opinion- even if it is dumb as Hell.

"Debate" means to challenge hypotheses with cogent, critical thought. It does not mean attacking the messenger on a personal level. Those who don't get that will be dealt with accordingly.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:29 AM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Originally Posted by Xpditor
What a concept! Didactic, empiracal threads delivered from an unshakeable soap box by a bloviating self-proclaimed expert.

Some, like RR, would have the experience and credentials to know whereof they speak combined with an ability to articulate his message.

Others, would be blathering idiots, in spasmodic verbal ejaculations with no nexus to reality.

Debate is the test of fire for ideas. The good ones survive; the bad ones don't.

And remember always: Opinions are like a$$holes. Everybody has one.

Further, in these parts, everybody is entitled to their opinion- even if it is dumb as Hell.

"Debate" means to challenge hypotheses with cogent, critical thought. It does not mean attacking the messenger on a personal level. Those who don't get that will be dealt with accordingly.

Yea. What he said. So there.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:42 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by deandorsey

Craftsman 1.5 ton Jack
1.5 ton aluminum/steel floor jack.
Speedy lift feature, 2 pumps of handle bring saddle to the chassis.
Low profile design for low clearance vehicles.
Padded handle protects vehicle from nicks.
I have this jack and I love it -- so light for such a large jack, perfect for the TL and for the Jeep, low profile, high lift.