Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rip Off, Ripport-- Supercomputers

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 05:30 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rip Off, Ripport-- Supercomputers

As of right now i am just a happy acura tl owner of a 06 MT TL, but i paid for some 6mt pedals from Supercomputers. As of today 7/22/08 he never sent me my purhase for pedals in which i can back up by my paypal receipt. They were purchased 06/13/2008 and never shipped. I have all documented proof and he never shipped out. One disgusted ripped off TL customer. I will be happy to paste every pay pal recceipt and PM amongst us.

-Brent
Old 07-23-2008, 05:53 AM
Instructor

Sorry, but i do not know what else to do...

i sent him about 20 PM's

SUPERCOMPUTERS
Old 07-23-2008, 06:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Contact Paypal to get your charges refunded. Contact the Better Business Bureau and lodge a complaint.

Perhaps your items are on backorder. If this is the case Supercomputers should inform you.

Good luck.......
Old 07-23-2008, 06:49 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
that sucks man. i have dealt with him and never had a problem. i hope everything works out for you!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Request a refund via paypal.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:44 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
If he was in the habit of ripping people off and/or providing bad service, he wouldn't have had the sales and following he's developed here.

IOW - this doesn't sound normal.

What's the rest of the story? Wasn't he moving the supply of those to another vendor? Were you in on the last of the last batch and got caught out short or something? Paypal screwup of some kiind?

Makes no sense that he just said, "FU" and left you hanging (not syaing it's not possible, but you'd have to agree, definetly out of character).
Old 07-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
If he was in the habit of ripping people off and/or providing bad service, he wouldn't have had the sales and following he's developed here.

IOW - this doesn't sound normal.

What's the rest of the story? Wasn't he moving the supply of those to another vendor? Were you in on the last of the last batch and got caught out short or something? Paypal screwup of some kiind?

Makes no sense that he just said, "FU" and left you hanging (not syaing it's not possible, but you'd have to agree, definetly out of character).
Old 07-23-2008, 09:48 AM
2007 A-Spec Type S

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am in the same boat. I purchased pedals 6/12 and have not received them either. I have pm'd Supercomputer several times about this....and he has always responded immediately. He told me 4 shipments got lost by USPS and even offered me a refund. I declined, he said he was investigating the lost shipments and would probably re-ship pedals if they was no immediate resolution.

As of 7/17 he was filing claims and re-sending pedals to us. I even purchased and received door sills from him in-between all this.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
I thought they got out of selling and Excellerate was the dealer for these pedals.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Rip off alert Sure,

Been a member on this site since 2002 Dealt with many of you plus every payment made is always paypal we are both protected. Been busy with work, Phatbastard you have been refunded. If anybody cant wait just PM me you will be refunded also. Excelerate does not sell these anymore. We are done with the project. Was moving a few odds and ends that were laying around for people who really wanted them. I guess this thread is what you get for helping people out.

If you need an answer to anything PM me or if you dont want to wait PM Me.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:24 AM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
you guys really need to be patient about recieving cutom items. maybe there was a lack of communication but i know that a 1 month wait for like pedals really isnt that long of a time... with proper communication of course. glad supercomputers handled it
Old 07-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Instructor

No, and i agree and that is the original reason i purchased from him is because he sounded like a good business person. I am sure many people have gotten their blue door sills or their badass pedals from him. Its been one month, paypal was sent on 06/13/2008, he told me he shipped twice because first batch usps lost, second batch he could never supply me a tracking number. And then for the last week he ignored my messages.

I am at a lost to, because i just wanted those badass pedals that he had and i was happy to pay for.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
ive dealt with supercomputers a couple of times and ill vouch for his good business. i have never had a problem with him. in fact i had a problem with one of the door sills that i had ordered and he was quick on shipping me a new one for free. ive been in contact with him over the last couple of months and he had mentioned that he was really busy..not sure if this was partly the cause of delay/non-received purchase.

in any case i understand what you are saying and im sorry that you had bad luck with him, but looks like you got your refund so hopefully ure a little happier
Old 07-23-2008, 11:58 AM
03 TL-S

Shit happens! Especially sending things through the mail. I can vouch for his business practices, dealt with him twice and both were smooth transactions. His products are definetly nice and worth a little bit of a wait. I get so many compliments about my blue doorsills.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,010 Likes on 1,429 Posts
Did you post your complaint in the black market section in the vendor feed-back area?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Instructor

^^^ no didnt know that section existed
Old 07-23-2008, 03:03 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I have these without the logos...
Old 07-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Instructor

Yeah Supercomputers has been very good on getting his orders out as soon as possible. I've never seen a complaint about his business. I love my pedals I got from Excelerate which were from Supercomputers.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:40 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Supercomputers
Rip off alert Sure,

Been a member on this site since 2002 Dealt with many of you plus every payment made is always paypal we are both protected. Been busy with work, Phatbastard you have been refunded. If anybody cant wait just PM me you will be refunded also. Excelerate does not sell these anymore. We are done with the project. Was moving a few odds and ends that were laying around for people who really wanted them. I guess this thread is what you get for helping people out.

If you need an answer to anything PM me or if you dont want to wait PM Me.

Originally Posted by phatbastard
No, and i agree and that is the original reason i purchased from him is because he sounded like a good business person. I am sure many people have gotten their blue door sills or their badass pedals from him. Its been one month, paypal was sent on 06/13/2008, he told me he shipped twice because first batch usps lost, second batch he could never supply me a tracking number. And then for the last week he ignored my messages.

I am at a lost to, because i just wanted those badass pedals that he had and i was happy to pay for.
I doubt many people here will claim to have had any kind of issues with Supercomputers and I personally have had none. Having said that, shit happens and life's a bitch.

Looks to me like this was settled by way of a refund. Now just watch the BM and look for a private seller.

/thread.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea ive dealt with super before and no probs ....when he was having a clearance for his pedals i grabbed a few sets ( because you never know when the rubber wears out) and they were delivered within days. he even mentioned he was going to stop selling pedals n sills. i wish i had picked up a set of sills though... man i feel like a dick they woulda looked great!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:20 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think the OP was wrong in the way he went about it, but I am sure he felt like there was no other way to go about it. Even if there was, HE didn't know about it.

I understand your loyalty to Dave, because he has been here for a while and did good work with the majority of us, including myself. But EVERY customer is a customer. And there should be a desire and an effort with the vendor to please each one with AT LEAST open communication and an attempt to get them their product. That is not too much to ask.

You or I would've handled it different, because Dave is one of the guys, not just a vendor. But the OP is new. He is basically just a vendor to him. And when you pay, you want the merchandise or a reasonable explanation as to why not. Not learn it third-party. I PM, you respond within a reasonable amount of time. That's how it should go, if that is the mode of communication the vendor uses. Again, that is not too much to ask from our vendors.

So while you give Dave a break, as we should, give this guy one too...
Old 07-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by phatbastard
Sorry, but i do not know what else to do...

i sent him about 20 PM's

SUPERCOMPUTERS
I would agree with darksom1. PhatBastard did say he did not know what else to do...
Old 07-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Safety Car

theres no wrong or right in the situation.... dude was looking to see if he can get some help... everyone helped in one way or another... and super refunded the money the turn out was good because he got his $$ but bad because im sure he woulda preferred the product.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If the guy had a bad experience with the vendor so be it. The fact that some of you guys had good experiences with the vendor shouldn't take away from the fact he had a bad experience. All you guys saying tough to the OP should just remain quiet. I don't believe he asked for any opinions. He was only stating his opinion through his experiences.

I myself would not do business with a company who treated me in a similar way. There is this thing called professionalism that a vendor should live up too. So what if the vendor was doing the OP a favor. Just because its a favor they can decide to treat a customer badly? I suppose yea if your business is that good you can afford to lose a few customers here and there.

Anyways my whole point is don't discredit what he says and I hope the same thing happens to those who basically said tough and suck it up. Those are the same ones who would be 1st to come here crying if it happened to them.

D
Old 07-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
And just to add something so what if he's a vendor here on this site.
Similar things have happened in the VW community. The company was called EIP tuning. They mostly moddified r32's and turbo vw/audi's. They were a long time reputable company who all of a sudden decided to become shaddy for reasons that are still unknown to me. They screwed over and dicked alot of people. Not saying this is what is happening here. But maybe some of you should stop jocking vendor nuts so hard and try and be a little more impartial.

D
Old 07-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Safety Car

hes not a vendor dude....he stopped being one....quite sometime ago....and i def feel u on jocking nuts....i cant stand it when people sweat the vendor...anyway im off to the next thread! peace lol!
Old 07-25-2008, 07:50 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think we are done here...
Old 07-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Instructor

^^^Yep, sounds good.. I was refunded, communication was poor. I waited for about a month for pedals and then lost my patience and on top of that not getting a reasonable response time from my PM's at all during the last week. A month or longer is too long to wait for merchandise, unless you are told upfront about it.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Intermediate

pathbastard... You did the right thing... I don't care how many "satisfied" customers that Supercomputer had. You are the customer; therefore, he should have done everything he could to satisfy you.

Furthermore, you sent him mutiple PM's and he did not REFUND you the money until this post. What a lousy company because he did not do anything until the issue hit the spotlight.

I am glad you got a refund...
Old 07-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Dahvaio, Shut your mouth you dont know me or the situation, He PM'ed me 5 times not 20 you can have a MOD verify that if you like. He was refunded I could care less if this hit the spot light or not. I know what I do and I know what I have done for people on this forum for the last 6+ Years, So you have no business opening your mouth with your 39 posts, Nobody wants your opion or has asked for it. Get an education before you run your mouth on a message board on a topic you are not envolved in.