Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride in G35

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 09:15 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by SilverBulletCLS
Rice the G35 out? Oh give me a break. Oh FYI, My stereo sounds MUCH better than the TL's muddy sounding stereo!
FYI- your stereo is a Clarion, and it is one of the worst stock stereos ever conceived. Enjoy your tricked out ride...

BTW- the 5 speed Altima pulled a 5.9 0-60. What was the latest 0-60 for the G35 per Car and Driver ? Looks like, for the money, that you should have gone with the Altima. After all, isn't that what is important to you.... performance for the money?
Old 02-19-2004, 09:16 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by unsure
amazing the lack of maturity displayed in this thread

why are some of u guys being idiots, u've made your purchase and be happy w/it, stop trying to preach to others how great the respective car you bought is ....this goes 4 both the g35 owners and tl owners in this thread....both groups claim their respective cars 2 be sophisticated, if thats the case, why cant their owners be even 1/2 as sophisticated as their car is
I own/drive a LS1 powered 1LE Z28. I do NOT own ANY Honda or Nissan product.

I'm thinking about buying a TL as a 2nd/"everyday" car.

That's secondary to this guy's unwillingness to accept the fact that Nissan's own ~ $22K Altima V6/5 speed is ESSENTIALLY as quick as the 350Z and the various G35s.

And there's nothing "immature" about posting objective facts (e.g. dyno results and curb weights).
Old 02-19-2004, 09:25 AM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by harddrivin1le

And there's nothing "immature" about posting objective facts (e.g. dyno results and curb weights).

good luck w/ur car search aaznd purchasing

ur rite, nothing wrong w/posting objective facts...but....this goes out 2 all the other members here, dont start calling people names b/c they dont agree w/ur viewpoints
Old 02-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by unsure
good luck w/ur car search aaznd purchasing

ur rite, nothing wrong w/posting objective facts...but....this goes out 2 all the other members here, dont start calling people names b/c they dont agree w/ur viewpoints
I don't recall calling anyone "names."

Please show me where I did that by cutting and pasting the post here:
Old 02-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Racer

Originally posted by harddrivin1le
I don't recall calling anyone "names."

Please show me where I did that by cutting and pasting the post here:
I think it is funny that Silverbullet comes onto an Acura board boasting about his G35 purchase. If he is looking for positive reinforcement, he shouldn't expect to get it here. In fact, he is getting exactly what he deserves....
Old 02-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Don't you guys get tired of this? How many different TL/G35 debates have ended up in the same pissing contest between the same people? Why don't you just whip it out and get it over with, or meet somewhere and fight?

I find it very tiresome, very small, and very sad. :o
Old 02-19-2004, 09:38 AM
Racer

Originally posted by brahtw8
Don't you guys get tired of this? How many different TL/G35 debates have ended up in the same pissing contest between the same people? Why don't you just whip it out and get it over with, or meet somewhere and fight?

I find it very tiresome, very small, and very sad. :o
Who are you to judge? Why not just ignore the threads?
Old 02-19-2004, 09:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by RhodeRunner
Who are you to judge? Why not just ignore the threads?
Apparently you haven't heard. I am the all-knowing, all-powerful internet car-forum God. :wow:

Seriously, I like trying to get people to think about things in a different way.

I like to promote open dialogue.

And most of all, I like to make people who insist on conducting themselves in an irrational and disrespectful manner look the fool. Including myself.

So get used to it and try to keep it civil. Kill them with kindness and they won't know what to do.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:02 AM
Racer

Originally posted by brahtw8
Apparently you haven't heard. I am the all-knowing, all-powerful internet car-forum God. :wow:

Seriously, I like trying to get people to think about things in a different way.

I like to promote open dialogue.

And most of all, I like to make people who insist on conducting themselves in an irrational and disrespectful manner look the fool. Including myself.

So get used to it and try to keep it civil. Kill them with kindness and they won't know what to do.
Indeed! A noble cause...
Old 02-19-2004, 10:34 AM
Intermediate

6sp MT
Magazine, 0-60, 1/4 mile, Magazine Issue Date
Motortrend (5.78), (14.28), August 2003
Automobile (5.6). (14.3), October 2003
Card and Driver (5.9). (14.2) October 2003
Not sure if this matters anymore. But the trap speeds for the above results were

In the same order of the above quote.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:45 AM
Banned

FYI- your stereo is a Clarion, and it is one of the worst stock stereos ever conceived. Enjoy your tricked out ride...

BTW- the 5 speed Altima pulled a 5.9 0-60. What was the latest 0-60 for the G35 per Car and Driver ? Looks like, for the money, that you should have gone with the Altima. After all, isn't that what is important to you.... performance for the money?
FYI, Clarion makes some of the best Aftermarket stereos. And you know what, the stereo in the TL is a Pioneer. And FYI, I have built over 1000watt stereos in previous and other people cars. The clarity of the G35 stereo is MUCH better than the TL. The DVD-A is the only thing that helps the TL stereo sound better.

0-60 for G35 5.6-5.8 most MAGAZINES.

GROW THE **** UP IDIOTS. I am out of this thread. You guys are here to cause problems like immature babies.

The ALTIMA wasn't even part of the damn convo.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:50 AM
Banned

I think it is funny that Silverbullet comes onto an Acura board boasting about his G35 purchase. If he is looking for positive reinforcement, he shouldn't expect to get it here. In fact, he is getting exactly what he deserves....
Yawn, funny part is I have been here for several years, I didn't just come on here. I was about to get the TL for one thing, and drove both cars 2-3 times. I liked the more performance stand point of RWD.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:59 AM
Racer

What do you want us to do- agree with you, bow down? I understand that you are happy with your purchase, but for the life of me, I can't understand why you come to a TL board to post about purchasing a G35.

I didn't go on fresh alloy after I traded my G35 to boast about how great the TL is. Please enlighten me as to what your intentions are. TTFN
Old 02-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Banned

What do you want us to do- agree with you, bow down? I understand that you are happy with your purchase, but for the life of me, I can't understand why you come to a TL board to post about purchasing a G35.

I didn't go on fresh alloy after I traded my G35 to boast about how great the TL is. Please enlighten me as to what your intentions are. TTFN
I did not COME HERE TO ENLIGHTEN everyone I bought a G35. I never POSTED I got one idiot till someone asked 2 days ago! God you have NO LIFE except to make up **** and pull it out of your ass.

At least the CL forum alot of people there are more mature unlike here. Seems to me you guys think the TL is the **** when it isn't.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
And you know what, the stereo in the TL is a Pioneer.
I thought the stereo in the TL was a Panasonic...not sure where I read this at.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:28 AM
Banned

Originally posted by tripp11
I thought the stereo in the TL was a Panasonic...not sure where I read this at.
Well my CL-S was a Pioneer. Unless Honda changed manufactures with the new TL.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...ight=panasonic

Looks as if they did indeed change. Learn something every day, I guess.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Racer

I did not COME HERE TO ENLIGHTEN everyone I bought a G35. I never POSTED I got one idiot till someone asked 2 days ago! God you have NO LIFE except to make up **** and pull it out of your ass.

At least the CL forum alot of people there are more mature unlike here. Seems to me you guys think the TL is the **** when it isn't.
Then why are you posting here? Am I supposed to agree with you that the TL isn't "****"? Somehow, I seem to be missing the point of your posts. Are you experiencing buyer's remorse?
Old 02-19-2004, 11:41 AM
Racer

Looks like you were wrong again..... don't you do your homework before posting such nonsense?
Old 02-19-2004, 12:25 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by jedmonds
Not sure if this matters anymore. But the trap speeds for the above results were

OK...

and the Altima isn't very far off from those figures, just as I've stated.

~ .3 - 4 sec and ~ 3 MPH through the 1/4 make it a DRIVER'S race.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:40 PM
Racer

they don't want to hear it haddrivin.... Hey, I'm right down the road from you!
Old 02-19-2004, 02:27 PM
Banned

Then why are you posting here? Am I supposed to agree with you that the TL isn't "****"? Somehow, I seem to be missing the point of your posts. Are you experiencing buyer's remorse?
lol look in the mirror.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Bullet-head always brings the anger and name calling to the post. He thinks just 'cause he's got nothin' better to do than post on the TL site day and night to justify his G35 purchase, that somehow gives him the right to be rude towards others. He will always show up when someone starts a thread about 0-60 times on the G35 and TL spouting "I'm so much better because I have more posts, nanner, nanner."

WHO CARES????? If I wanted faster quartermile times I would have paid $3000 for a souped-up Chevy Camaro.

SilverBullsh%$,

YOU ARE A CHILD.

One question...

GOT NEON?
Old 02-20-2004, 09:39 PM
My name is RL.

Bullet- judging by your gallery you are going to "rice" the G35 out. Have fun.... don't forget to add a wing. Oh, and keep any and all keys/sharp objects away from the "titanium" trim. The plastic scratches easily! Enjoy the interior and the Clarion sound system. Cheers!
Hey Boyeee...u wan' spoilah foh ya cah? Jus' like 2 fas 2 fuwious. Make it look like it go fassah!
Old 02-21-2004, 12:41 AM
Banned

Yawn, so why you repeating the same stuff I said earlier to you? lol omg your so dumb.

Originally posted by Swat Dude
Bullet-head always brings the anger and name calling to the post. He thinks just 'cause he's got nothin' better to do than post on the TL site day and night to justify his G35 purchase, that somehow gives him the right to be rude towards others. He will always show up when someone starts a thread about 0-60 times on the G35 and TL spouting "I'm so much better because I have more posts, nanner, nanner."

WHO CARES????? If I wanted faster quartermile times I would have paid $3000 for a souped-up Chevy Camaro.

SilverBullsh%$,

YOU ARE A CHILD.

One question...

GOT NEON?
Old 02-21-2004, 12:43 AM
Racer

To all who have wasted their time on this thread - I apologize for starting it. This thread just took off on its own like a 50s B movie monster.

I sincerely hope that the TL administrator cut this thread off right now. Please kill it now.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:51 AM
Racer

Now I see why silverbs is here.

From Silver bs;
Test drove a G35 Sedan today to compare...
This car is definitely a drivers car. It handles like its on rails. Seats are supportive, nice designs. But, it was a bit noisy on the highway, engine a bit louder than even my pathfinder. But it is a good 2nd choice.

Power was on tap, and it had it! It is really hard to tell which car is faster, since both spun the tires loose on me! lol.

Anyways, its my 2nd choice.

The TL is overall a better car. FWD isn't that huge of a deal with me. I rarely race anyways. The TL interior was much better, ride was better, exterior is what really makes me like the TL.

But at the moment, due to my Pathfinder value, I am having to sit tight for a while longer till I have some more down. Probably be another 2-3 months before I can even try to get my new TL 6spd with NAV, HPT.

Hey, I had a pathfinder too.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Banned

Yep, but after driving both cars 3 times, and which one I got the better deal on, I made my move on my 2nd choice.

Originally posted by casooner90

From Silver bs;
This car is definitely a drivers car. It handles like its on rails. Seats are supportive, nice designs. But, it was a bit noisy on the highway, engine a bit louder than even my pathfinder. But it is a good 2nd choice.

Power was on tap, and it had it! It is really hard to tell which car is faster, since both spun the tires loose on me! lol.

The TL is overall a better car. FWD isn't that huge of a deal with me. I rarely race anyways. The TL interior was much better, ride was better, exterior is what really makes me like the TL.

But at the moment, due to my Pathfinder value, I am having to sit tight for a while longer till I have some more down. Probably be another 2-3 months before I can even try to get my new TL 6spd with NAV, HPT.

Hey, I had a pathfinder too.
Old 02-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Pro

Originally posted by casooner90

From Silver bs;

My wife and I checked out the G35S and I35 today? While both are nice cars, the G35S is a drivers car but the I35 "felt" more muscular for whatever reason; it actually felt alot like my 5.5G Max. (I know! DUH!)

Anyway, I was annoyed with the G35 over something very small but noteable: it has a hood prop. For $35G, there should be hood jacks. The I35 has hood jacks; my Maxima has hood jacks. What gives??
Old 02-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Banned

Originally posted by VQ35DE
My wife and I checked out the G35S and I35 today? While both are nice cars, the G35S is a drivers car but the I35 "felt" more muscular for whatever reason; it actually felt alot like my 5.5G Max. (I know! DUH!)

Anyway, I was annoyed with the G35 over something very small but noteable: it has a hood prop. For $35G, there should be hood jacks. The I35 has hood jacks; my Maxima has hood jacks. What gives??
Well don't feel bad, the 04 TL also has a hood rod.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Instructor

The 04 TL does not have a hood rod.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:47 PM
Dr. TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Automatic G...and a slow time at that.
My friend ran a 14.9@ 94mph on the same day I ran 14.7@96.3. My first time at the track. I have yet to see a faster VQ35 on the strip. Even a 350Z was running 15s on the same day.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:50 PM
Dr. TLS

SILVER B S,

If you are so confident about your purchase, why do you continually surf this forum for someone saying something bad about the G35????

I can honestly say I have never been on a G35 forum.
Lol.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:50 PM
Dr. TLS

Because you are such an easy target.
Man, that's 2 for 2.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:52 PM
Dr. TLS

Originally posted by jedmonds

Clearly, you can now see that the G35 gets the better launch to get those times in the 1/4 if it's only trapping at 100mph.
Old 02-21-2004, 06:29 PM
Pro

Well don't feel bad, the 04 TL also has a hood rod.
Maybe the 2.5TL does but the 04 TL I drove had hood jacks.

Vandy, you should come to Etown when I run. I'll give you a display of sub-15 second VQ35 times.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:00 AM
Banned

Originally posted by mspence3
The 04 TL does not have a hood rod.
Hmmmm, I swear it did. Maybe it was another car I drove. TSX?
Old 02-22-2004, 01:01 AM
Banned

Originally posted by vandy786
My friend ran a 14.9@ 94mph on the same day I ran 14.7@96.3. My first time at the track. I have yet to see a faster VQ35 on the strip. Even a 350Z was running 15s on the same day.
Strange, I see them running mid 14s all the time here stock.

**** I am not even shifting right or use to my car and I ran last night a 14.4 at 97 mph bone stock with 1300 miles. And that was bogging off the line.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:28 AM
Racer

well ive read that with intake exhast and ECU the G35 makes 310 while TL makes 313. thats good enough for me because the TL engine is smaller and stock it comes with 270 rather than 285
Old 02-22-2004, 10:42 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by vandy786
Now you're implying that your car and a the new tl is faster than a 350Z

Quick Reply: Ride in G35