Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride in G35

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 03:04 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ride in G35

Can you imagine not being able to drive for more than 10 minutes at a time in a $35,000 car? Check out this link to G35 site:

http://g35driver.com/forums/showflat...sed&sb=5&part=

So, complain about the vibration, window tint or any other nick nacks, but at least you can drive your car for some time without getting out crippled. I thought this was funny and worth sharing.

What was I doing at the G35 site? That was one of the choices among many before settling on my TL. Glad I got the TL.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Safety Car

wow that sucks, i was looking at the g35 coupe as well. i have 50 mile commute to work. if what they say is true i am glad i didn't go that route.
Old 02-17-2004, 03:21 PM
Intermediate

:wow:
Old 02-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Pro

Actually, on long drives, right above my knee rests on the edge of the center console, which is a bit uncomfortable, but not painful. I just re-position my leg and I'm fine.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
yes, there are probably 50,000 G35 owners who are in severe pain whenever we (yes, I have one) drive our car more than 5 minutes!

The car isn't perfect, but come on, are you TL owners really gonna post stuff like this every time it comes out just to justify YOUR purchase?

Every car ever made is going to have owners unhappy with it for some reason.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:38 PM
Banned

Re: Ride in G35

I drive over 100 miles a day and the seats do not bother me at all in my G35.

Originally posted by casooner90
Can you imagine not being able to drive for more than 10 minutes at a time in a $35,000 car? Check out this link to G35 site:

http://g35driver.com/forums/showflat...sed&sb=5&part=

So, complain about the vibration, window tint or any other nick nacks, but at least you can drive your car for some time without getting out crippled. I thought this was funny and worth sharing.

What was I doing at the G35 site? That was one of the choices among many before settling on my TL. Glad I got the TL.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:43 PM
TLover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
remember our care arent in the $100,000 price range, and they too have problems with there cars. but whats good to post are fixes for the problems. just my 0.02cents
Old 02-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Pro

What, is some moral code broken when someone posts something about about another car? Sure they are problems with every car, so why does everyone seem to get offended when something is posted about a car you own? Whats the big deal?
Old 02-17-2004, 04:56 PM
Racer

This situation is entirtely anecdotal in nature, it is in no way a fatal flaw or a death blow to the G35. Why do so many people want so much to slam such a nice ride as a G35? I'm one of those who chose a TL over G35. I'm happy with my choice, but it was a tough call for me. For every TL owner that shopped carefully, narrowed their shortlist down to G35 vs. TL, and is delighted with their choice, I'll bet there is another buyer who also liked the TL, opted for the G and is just as we are happy they bought a G35. It's ok to like both cars, and it's just as ok to like the G better.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by apwalsh
What, is some moral code broken when someone posts something about about another car? Sure they are problems with every car, so why does everyone seem to get offended when something is posted about a car you own? Whats the big deal?
Go back and read the initial post. I'm not offended. I just think it's pretty goofy to state "can you imagine not being able to drive a $35,000 car for more than 10 minutes...".

BTW, I think the owner of the car is being pretty goofy as well. As someone else on the thread asked, didn't he sit in the car, or test drive it before he bought it? Severe pain? Give me a break.

Okay, I feel better now - sorry if I came across as a jerk myself. Not intended. I just love forums. Like having an interactive car magazine any time I want to read and participate. I guess I can be pretty goofy myself.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:14 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

I've been in both forums now because I have narrowed the car to these two (coupe version vs TL). I honestly see more complaints in this forum about quality and problems than I do at the G35 forum. Also, they almost NEVER bring up the TL as a competitor. They really couldn't care less if the TL ever existed. They do talk a whole lot about the 3 series though
Old 02-17-2004, 06:19 PM
Pro

Originally posted by jjsC5
Go back and read the initial post. I'm not offended. I just think it's pretty goofy to state "can you imagine not being able to drive a $35,000 car for more than 10 minutes...".

BTW, I think the owner of the car is being pretty goofy as well. As someone else on the thread asked, didn't he sit in the car, or test drive it before he bought it? Severe pain? Give me a break.

Okay, I feel better now - sorry if I came across as a jerk myself. Not intended. I just love forums. Like having an interactive car magazine any time I want to read and participate. I guess I can be pretty goofy myself.
I didn't really mean you in particular, just posts similar to yours around here in general. I guess I feel that taking a sarcastic shot at another car is just good fun. I also did not mean to be a jerk if it came across that way. Yeah, and I think this guy has more problems that his car if he has "severe pain"
Old 02-17-2004, 06:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

I also did not mean to be a jerk if it came across that way. [/B]
No, you did not come across as a jerk. I think it was a well deserved comment.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Banned

Originally posted by EZZ
I've been in both forums now because I have narrowed the car to these two (coupe version vs TL). I honestly see more complaints in this forum about quality and problems than I do at the G35 forum. Also, they almost NEVER bring up the TL as a competitor. They really couldn't care less if the TL ever existed. They do talk a whole lot about the 3 series though
Probably because they really don't consider the TL a direct competition to the G35...
Old 02-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Racer

Okay, this isn't a sarcastic cheap shot at the G35. As I mentioned above, I was seriously considering between the G35 and TL (among others) so I happened to browse the G35 site occasionally. If you've gone to the link, you'll see that there are 8 pages of discussion on this topic so I thought I'd post just for the sake of discussion. This wasn't my attempt to bash the G35 or to put TL on a higherground - it was just an FYI thing. Get over it. Besides, what are all of you guys doing posting during normal business (work) hours? Oh, here comes the boss.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Gee, my $1,000 '88 Honda Accord back in the day never gave me any problems. And I drove over 800 miles a day without any problems across country.

Most comfortable seats ever
Old 02-17-2004, 07:50 PM
Racer

remember our care arent in the $100,000 price range, and they too have problems with there cars. but whats good to post are fixes for the problems. just my 0.02cents
But cars in the $100,000 price range have far, far more problems that a TL will ever have. Ferarri's, etc. aren't known for reliability. For the most part, their owners don't care, of course. The most reliable cars are models like Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Toyota Echo, etc. Some Lexus models also sneak in there, as well as others, but there's no correlation to paying more and getting better reliability or a problem-free car. The TL, actually, has historically been excellent in reliability, transmission problems and all.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:13 PM
Banned

Okay, this isn't a sarcastic cheap shot at the G35. As I mentioned above, I was seriously considering between the G35 and TL (among others) so I happened to browse the G35 site occasionally. If you've gone to the link, you'll see that there are 8 pages of discussion on this topic so I thought I'd post just for the sake of discussion. This wasn't my attempt to bash the G35 or to put TL on a higherground - it was just an FYI thing. Get over it. Besides, what are all of you guys doing posting during normal business (work) hours? Oh, here comes the boss.
Man you guys must be so insecure about your TL its not funny. I got my G35 to me its a better car. Not hardly any issues unlike the TL. lol
Old 02-17-2004, 08:19 PM

Well Nissan was too cheap to change the seats on the G35, so they left the controls on the inside of the seats, by the transmission tunnel (the FX has this too). So of course there will be some discomfort since 99.9% of cars sold in America have the seat controls on the outside of the seat, or on the respective door.

But that dude is a complete moron to buy a car and not think this may cause him pain. That's like a 6"10 buying a beetle saying it's too small.
And because people disagree with something don't mean people are hating.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Instructor

As far as the did he sit in it comment - didn't you ever buy a pair of shoes you tried on in the store where they felt good and then find out they give you blisters after a day at work? Some of these things take time to show up.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro

Originally posted by SilverBulletCLS
Man you guys must be so insecure about your TL its not funny. I got my G35 to me its a better car. Not hardly any issues unlike the TL. lol
There are plenty of TL's that do not have problems, just as there are plenty of G35's with problems..... Not hardly?
Old 02-17-2004, 09:33 PM
Racer

I assume most buyers of TL & G35 are mature professionals. This discussion so far is not representative of the TL & G35 group. This is not about "mine is better than yours" followed by "oh, yeah?", but just a post - that's all. Both are good cars and it just so happened that I picked the TL. I could have just as easily have picked the G35.

I guess, in retrospect, I was just pointing out that it would be very unfortunate if you spent $30K+ on a car and had problem sitting in it for extended driving session. This is especially closer to my heart because I drive 35 miles to work every day. Also, this was to bring a bit of reality to our complaints about the hood being a mm off alignment or nav's female voice not being sexy enough and so on. Again, just an FYI post - no need to bash G35 or TL. Just get over it.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:38 PM
Dr. TLS

sounds like silverbullet's the only one trying to justify his (g35) purchase. lol
Old 02-17-2004, 10:12 PM
Banned

Originally posted by vandy786
sounds like silverbullet's the only one trying to justify his (g35) purchase. lol
Oh give it up. I am not the ones trying to pick on every little thing about the car like you guys. lol
Old 02-17-2004, 10:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by SilverBulletCLS

yes, the g35 is perfect in every way imaginable
LOL
Old 02-17-2004, 11:45 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I'd rather have a pain in my thigh than a blown tranny. Just my $0.02.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:36 AM
Racer

g35 has a cheap interior and only 2 color options. but it does have real wood.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:29 AM
Banned

Originally posted by digital_b
g35 has a cheap interior and only 2 color options. but it does have real wood.
Yawn, to bad my g35 interior isn't falling apart like the TL I test drove was. lol
Old 02-18-2004, 07:39 AM
Racer

SilberBulletCLS,

Just curious. I told you my reason for trolling at the G35 site (one of the cars I was considering to purchase). What's your reason for trolling TL site if all you're doing is defending G35 and bashing TL owners? I hope it's not envy, jealousy or "dammed, I should have...". It's unbearable how you continue to stick around just to get ridiculed. As if you're asking people to poke fun at you. Just wondering.
Old 02-18-2004, 07:42 AM
Racer

Did you ever notice how in any extended family, any neighborhood, any community, however you chose to define a group of people, within that group you will almost always find individuals that fill certain stereotypical roles? You'll find leaders, thinkers, socialites, complainers, etc. Among these typical roles are dramatists. Whatever the problem or issue, if it happens to the dramatist, that individual will exagerate and embellish the facts, and find a way to make their situation larger and/or more important than it is. I suspect that the G35 owner with his "severe pain" may be one of these people. I don't doubt that he may have found his seats uncomfortable after the purchase, but I take the claims of severe pain caused by the car with a grain of salt. The emphatic description of the symptoms actually comes off as a little amusing to me. Four full days of pain in his thigh without having driven the car and it's still the car's fault? Come on ...
Old 02-18-2004, 07:49 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by UminChu
Did you ever notice how in any extended family, any neighborhood, any community, however you chose to define a group of people, within that group you will almost always find individuals that fill certain stereotypical roles? You'll find leaders, thinkers, socialites, complainers, etc. Among these typical roles are dramatists. Whatever the problem or issue, if it happens to the dramatist, that individual will exagerate and embellish the facts, and find a way to make their situation larger and/or more important than it is. I suspect that the G35 owner with his "severe pain" may be one of these people. I don't doubt that he may have found his seats uncomfortable after the purchase, but I take the claims of severe pain caused by the car with a grain of salt. The emphatic description of the symptoms actually comes off as a little amusing to me. Four full days of pain in his thigh without having driven the car and it's still the car's fault? Come on ...
If I truly enjoyed my car and my seat wasn't good, I'd replace it. They have special order seats. It might be expensive but worth it.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:19 PM
whut

Originally posted by jjsC5
yes, there are probably 50,000 G35 owners who are in severe pain whenever we (yes, I have one) drive our car more than 5 minutes!

The car isn't perfect, but come on, are you TL owners really gonna post stuff like this every time it comes out just to justify YOUR purchase?

Every car ever made is going to have owners unhappy with it for some reason.
Absolutely right. I'm a TL owner and I'm tired of the few on this board (you know who you are) who constantly diss the G35 or any other car that presents legitimate competition. I say that variety is the spice of life when it comes to automobiles.

The one thing I'll say about the leg pain thing is to ALWAYS do a thorough test drive before buying any car. Having said that, if the new TL hadn't come along I'd be driving a new G no questions asked. They're very nice cars.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Racer

See.... I'm not the only one who thinks the G35 interior is crap
Old 02-18-2004, 03:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Maybe I missed the thread, but when did SilverBullettCLS go from G35 defender to G35 owner?

I think the G35 comparisons (in general) are valid and not unexpected.

TL owners are probably a little bit anal when it comes to their cars. The demographics would probably bear that out with a number of younger professionals and individuals with technical jobs.

Comparisons are the raison de etre of car forums. If you think this is bad, try starting an NSX comparison thread. That can get very ugly. It brings out a lot of stereotypes about asians, ricers, rednecks, etc.

All I ask is that these comparisons proceed in a rational and respectful manner. When I get into it with people it is usually because they are not doing so. That, and appropriate qualification of statements. Opinions should be noted, and not represented as absolute facts. If you are not sure about a particular statement, let people know.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:08 PM
Instructor

raison d'etre!!
Old 02-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by mspence3
raison d'etre!!
Congratulations. By correcting me you are in good company.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Instructor

brahtw8, please don't be angry. I was just joking. Since I don't post much on the forum, I don't use the smilies as I should.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:19 PM
16GS FSprt,03Max,12 335is

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by theslik1
Absolutely right. I'm a TL owner and I'm tired of the few on this board (you know who you are) who constantly diss the G35 or any other car that presents legitimate competition. I say that variety is the spice of life when it comes to automobiles.

The one thing I'll say about the leg pain thing is to ALWAYS do a thorough test drive before buying any car. Having said that, if the new TL hadn't come along I'd be driving a new G no questions asked. They're very nice cars.
Well said and when you see Maxima or G35 mentioned on the post in this forum they usually turn ugly and has been that way since 2002! I try to stay out of those topics because of the comments said, once more well said.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by UminChu
This situation is entirtely anecdotal in nature, it is in no way a fatal flaw or a death blow to the G35. Why do so many people want so much to slam such a nice ride as a G35? I'm one of those who chose a TL over G35. I'm happy with my choice, but it was a tough call for me. For every TL owner that shopped carefully, narrowed their shortlist down to G35 vs. TL, and is delighted with their choice, I'll bet there is another buyer who also liked the TL, opted for the G and is just as we are happy they bought a G35. It's ok to like both cars, and it's just as ok to like the G better.
The G-35 is the better car from a chassis dynamics point of view.

I otherwise prefer the TL.

Each car has its pluses and minuses.
Old 02-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Banned

SilberBulletCLS,

Just curious. I told you my reason for trolling at the G35 site (one of the cars I was considering to purchase). What's your reason for trolling TL site if all you're doing is defending G35 and bashing TL owners? I hope it's not envy, jealousy or "dammed, I should have...". It's unbearable how you continue to stick around just to get ridiculed. As if you're asking people to poke fun at you. Just wondering.
No trolling. Been here longer than you buddy. Also owned a CL-S per my name if you look. lol

Quick Reply: Ride in G35