Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rick Case Acura Gets a Gold Star

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Smile Rick Case Acura Gets a Gold Star

We are quick to rip a dealership that does us wrong.

So, I thought it only fair to report a good experience.

I will preface this by saying that I absolutely FEAR taking my baby back to the dealer. I have only done it twice since new. Once to replace a tire I damaged (I figured they would/could handle the rims w/o damaging them), and once last Spring for the free Spring Clinic and 30 point check. On that last visit, the only complaint I had was that my center console armrest leather had a permanent dent in it from my elbow. No questions asked -they replaced the console cover. Oh, yes. They also hi-speed balanced by tires/wheels as I told them I had a slight vibration. They cured it. No charge.

So, today is my TL's 4th birthday. My warranty has expired. Therefore, yesterday, I drove to Rick Case Acura about 8:00 AM w/o an appointment and asked them to go over it with a fine-toothed comb. I figured that I might have to pay $100 or so for an hour's labor to have a mechanic check it out but it could save me a bundle later.

I had a couple niggling complaints: my HICAS 3rd brake light cover was showing a gap of about 1/4 inch from the tinters taking it off and putting it back; I had broken a tab off the plastic battery cover (indiscernible), and the idle was getting a little ragged sometimes.

I held my breath while relinquishing control of my 12k mile baby. I made them write in big hyliter on the front of the work order DO NOT WASH.

Within 45 minutes, my car was done. Paul Santamaria, the service consultant, told me they had replaced the 3rd brake light cover, the battery cover, and re-flashed the eprom/computer to adjust the idle and everything else was perfect.

The car was not messed up and ran like a swiss watch. I thought it had stalled at the first stop light as I could not sense that it was running.

Those things were the only flaws my car had so now it's back in like-new condition. And, best of all, they were FAST, POLITE, FRIENDLY and NO CHARGE for anything.

Relief!
Old 04-23-2008, 01:20 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
There actually are some stealerships out there that are competent and good. It's just up to us to find them, as hard as that may be...
Old 04-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's awesome! Glad there are still dealerships that will go beyond to satisfy their customers. 4 year car and you only got 12K miles, geez.. talk about conservative driving.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:41 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
12k miles on an 04!?

Bastard.

haha jk...good to hear about your experience
Old 04-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Good to hear everything is in tip top shape with your car!
And the Good Dealership experience you had also!

Originally Posted by Xpditor
like-new condition.
^Yea, welll, that happens when you put 12K miles on a car...in 4 years...
Old 04-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Good to know. I bought my car at Miami Acura (an 08 - I traded in an 04 with only 22.5k due to lease termination) and even though I haven't had to take it in for anything yet, if I do and they mess anything up at least I know there's an alternative.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:21 PM
08' TL-S RuLeZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow... I went to Rick Case and no one wanted to greet me at all.
this
black guy who was mopping floor took me to this salesman who was doing nothing but having a cigarette. Ha!

He was like " ok. What are you here for?"

I told him I want this at this price and he said NO with this uncomfortable
smile on his fucking face.

I left my number and went to other dealership right after and beat the price by $1300.

And the rick case actually called me and asked if I thought about coming back and I told him no thanks.

They don't get any comissions, they don't want to work.

Hapened 3 times at rick case.

Highly do NOT recommend them to anybody.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:49 PM
1 quarter mile at a time

Originally Posted by KpMeth
this
black guy who was mopping floor took me to this salesman who was doing nothing but having a cigarette. Ha!

I left my number and went to other dealership right after and beat the price by $1300.

And the rick case actually called me and asked if I thought about coming back and I told him no thanks.

maybe they didn't like your shoes
Old 04-23-2008, 10:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by KpMeth
this

Thanks for sharing.

I was sharing my experience with the Service Department. Although, when I bought the car four years ago, they eventually accepted my offer after thorough negotiations and also gave me 3% financing. It was as painless as any car buying adventure can be these days.

They must be doing something right. They are the largest Acura dealer in the world for many years running.

I know what you mean about them not being very aggressive, however. Last time I had the car in for service I asked if they had a TL-S that I could test drive as I was considering updating. The sales manager, who knows me, said, "No. We don't have any" and just walked away.

They are either TOO aggressive at some dealerships or not enough at others. It's hard to find one some place in the middle on the sales end.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Instructor

Im surprised..I actually read a lot of online posts saying to stay away from rick case..i guess they are trying to improve their customer service...good to hear.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I actually wished I bought my TSX from Rick Case sometimes. I heard a lot of good things about them. I got mine at Ed Morse Acura now Phil Smith Acura. They definitely ripped me off and their staff was very rude when I went back to make a point. Anyways they got replaced with Phil Smith. Their entire staff got replaced.

Right now, Ive taken my car there a couple times to get some stuff serviced that were under my warranty and I am definitely impressed with them. One good thing is that they dont give me lip with the stuff I have in my car. Two they actually listen and try to solve what is wrong with my car when I had problems with it (E-brake was not working really well, Glove box was making noises, Broken Driver's Lock, Broken Arm rest). Everything was replaced under warranty.

I still dont know about their car sales side since I have yet to buy another Acura.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Race Director

I saw this on youtube. Is this guy a member on the TL forum?

He said that Rick Case Acura sucks and is misleading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBqlxiQFeNY
Old 04-23-2008, 11:17 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
I also had a good service department interaction yesterday at Fresno Acura. Mid afternoon while entering a freeway my A/C fan speed went to maximum and could not be turned down or off. At the same time the A/C stopped delivering cold air though the MID said A/C On.

I got to the dealership around 3PM. Service Writer came out, looked at it and said 'Why don't you leave it here tonight, I'll get you a loaner? Ten minutes later I was out of there in an '06 TSX/non-Navi. I was surprised at the prompt service and loaner offer. This was only the second time my car has been in for service in 3 1/2 years.

The whole thing worked just like we should expect which is why I'm surprised. Today the same guy called to let me know they had to order a Heat Control Module, should be ready tomorrow.

It's nice to see that at least some of us get the kind of service that we all should expect.

Xpditor, dude you need to drive that car more. I'm at about 42,700 trouble free miles.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Mokos23
I saw this on youtube. Is this guy a member on the TL forum?

He said that Rick Case Acura sucks and is misleading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBqlxiQFeNY
Where is it? Link doesn't bring it up.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:24 PM
Advanced

Just like you XPDITOR, I bought my car from Rick Case Acura and had an ok experience with them, mine's also an 04 TL. I just took my car in today for 2 recalls (Windshield Wiper motor and Power Steering). At the same time I had the transmission fluid replaced. Service took a little over 4 hours which was fine. Paul Santamaria was awesome and recommend him, gave me 10% off the transmission fluid replacement. Now for the part I don't like and get stressed out about.

After my car came back from service, I did the usual inspection around the car and especially the front end. Well:
1. I found a crescent wrench on the driver's side between the hood and windshield. (Should of kept it.)
2. Grease all over the driver's side quarter panel and passenger quarter panel.
3. Popped the hood and found a bottle cap laying on the battery cover.
After I lifted the hood the mechanic who serviced my car saw me and came over. That's when he noticed the bottle cap and took it away. He said "Everything should be ok. Nothing to worry about." Oh his name was Romy, really young kid.
I just polished the car with Zaino so I didn't really pay much attention to the grease. Just get some Bug and Tar to get the grease off then wash it and polish it again. I took the car and not until I got home and cleaned the areas did I notice a damn 1 inch hairline scratch on the driver's side quarter panel. I feel so naive. I knew i should have looked at it closer. Last time they lost one of the locks to the tire. Not sure how to handle this now. It's Saturday and they're closed Sunday and have to wait till Monday to really say anything. Aren't they supposed to used some kind of placemat that they're supposed to put over the quarterpanels so this doesn't happen? I already had the hood repainted which wasn't fun. Now I have to look at the quarter panel and see this damn 1 inch hairline scratch and consider getting that repainted. In the end what can I get out of this? I'm so pissed right now.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:05 PM
Instructor

anyone been to the new acura dealership Acura of Pembroke...I have an appointment late June for oil change and 2 recalls, hope everything goes well..I think it took the place of that old/run down looking dealership Acura of S. FL ...
Old 05-31-2008, 11:47 PM
Uses turn signals in my

Originally Posted by dr mikeylu
anyone been to the new acura dealership Acura of Pembroke...I have an appointment late June for oil change and 2 recalls, hope everything goes well..I think it took the place of that old/run down looking dealership Acura of S. FL ...
I went to them when they were of Acura of S. Florida a couple of times, they were alright, a little shady though. I prefer my Cartek (near 595 & University, they specialize in Hondas & Acuras) to both Rick Case and Acura of S. Fl.

The parts dept at Acura of S. Florida was excellent though, no complaints there.

I recently called up Acura of Pembroke Pines for a quote for my timing belt & water pump and they started feeding me all kinds of bullshit, such as needing changing spark plug wires, which the CL/TL does not have .