Returing to Acura and this forum after 8 yrs with a TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017 | 08:38 AM
Intermediate

Talking Returing to Acura and this forum after 8 yrs with a TL

Hello Acurazine peeps,

Returning after 8 yrs after selling my 2.3cl with a 2004 TL 6 speed with 174K miles that I picked up yesterday. This will be my DD and am looking for some wonderful driving yrs ahead.

Will be looking up some lower control arm bushing replacement guidance....basically I juts want to replace the bushing and not the whole control arm...if you peeps know of any links or write-ups please guide me in the right direction...

Also, will be doing a complete fluid change, engine oil, tranny oil, coolant flush, brake fluid flush and maybe power-steering flush too.....keep the links coming guys......happy to be back...

Pics to follow.....

Sandan
Old 07-10-2017 | 08:41 AM
Latent car nut

Originally Posted by Sandan
Hello Acurazine peeps,

Returning after 8 yrs after selling my 2.3cl with a 2004 TL 6 speed with 174K miles that I picked up yesterday. This will be my DD and am looking for some wonderful driving yrs ahead.

Will be looking up some lower control arm bushing replacement guidance....basically I juts want to replace the bushing and not the whole control arm...if you peeps know of any links or write-ups please guide me in the right direction...

Also, will be doing a complete fluid change, engine oil, tranny oil, coolant flush, brake fluid flush and maybe power-steering flush too.....keep the links coming guys......happy to be back...

Pics to follow.....

Sandan
When you do the transmission's MTF, do yourself and your tranny a favor and use ACDelco Synchromesh Friction Modified; this MTF is a dramatic improvement over the Honda MTF in terms of shift smoothness.
Old 07-10-2017 | 08:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Welcome! Everything you need in terms of DIYs can be found here: https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...-first-553557/
Old 07-10-2017 | 08:58 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by horseshoez
when you do the transmission's mtf, do yourself and your tranny a favor and use acdelco synchromesh friction modified; this mtf is a dramatic improvement over the honda mtf in terms of shift smoothness.
now thats the kind of information i need......super thank you to you my friend....just let me know the qty that i need to buy....or send me an amazon link to the exact product that will be great help as well...

Thank you
sandan
Old 07-10-2017 | 10:54 AM
Latent car nut

Originally Posted by Sandan
now thats the kind of information i need......super thank you to you my friend....just let me know the qty that i need to buy....or send me an amazon link to the exact product that will be great help as well...

Thank you
sandan
You'll need about 2 quarts 10 ounces (i.e. 3 quarts):
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 07-12-2017 | 08:09 PM
Team Owner

Welcome back!
Old 07-13-2017 | 10:03 PM
6th Gear

Welcome back! You've made a great choice.