Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Retard on e46fanatics.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retard on e46fanatics.com

It's really sad to see such ignorant BMW owners trying to act like they're so modest and cool....

Nice kill this weekend. 325Ci vs. Acura TL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First I'll say that I was just cruising, minding my own business with my cruise control set on 70. The owner of this brand new silver TL must not have liked my cruising speed in the fast lane so he decided to "wedge" his car in because I was not upsetting my cruise speed.

As he so rudely cuts in front of me he starts to weave his way back and forth to advance in the fast lane but he gets stuck behind a big SUV. As he was doing this of course cars are now breaking and such so I decided to get into the far right and pass since this guy is stuck.

Just as I downshift to 4th and start to pull away from everyone the TL notices and attempts to race (maybe?) and breaks away from the fast lane when he was like 6 cars in front of me. Since he was being a d*ck I chose to attempt to pass him but he starts gunning it before me but I was approaching. So I floor it in 4th gear and pulled on him from behind, switched lanes and left him by about 2-3 cars.

He beeped his horn at me several times as I passed him and once I hit 110 and pulled away he was flashing his high beams.

So I got clear of the traffic and resumed my 70mph cruise speed and here he comes flying by me beeping his horn AGAIN!

Am I missing something? Or was he acknowledging that he just got owned?

I don't understand how I pulled on him so hard and left him. The TL lists at 240hp.

I have a 325Ci with pulleys, RE exhaust, and CAI--nothing special.

-www.e46fanatics.com

Stupid retard thinks the TL lists at 240HP...probably mistaked the TSX for the TL. 325ci "pulling hard" on a TL....absurd that a 184HP, 175 ft-lbs of torque, 2.5 L V6 can "outdo" a 270HP, 238 ft-lbs of torque, 3.2L V6...it just doesn't process in my head...regardelss of his "nothing special" intake and exhaust....
Old 07-26-2004, 04:39 PM
Instructor

their cars about 200-300 lighter than a TL
Old 07-26-2004, 04:39 PM
Racer

No matter it's TL or TSX, the driver is a stupid driver who puts his own life in danger. TL/TSX deserves a better driver.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Ppl seem to love talking how they are bloody successful to beat another vehicle and always BELIEVE that car they'd been chasing with is intend-for racing...

As long as he's happy, he could post whatever he said in online forum... :o
Old 07-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The other side of the story...?

Cruising in the fast lane at 70 and he decides that "I drive the ultimate driving machine and am the pace setter for every car on the highway." Or, "The speed limit is 70, I'm doing 70, and I'm not moving from the left lane."

I hate people like this. :angry:

Funny how he didn't have the courtesy to speed up a bit and disrupt his cruise controlled life to move out of the way, yet when he felt his honor had somehow been impinged he became emboldened to pass on the right, in traffic, and speed up to 110mph. When the TL doesn't choose to follow, he figures he 'smoked' him. Then this reckless, ignorant fool actually comes away wondering why another driver would be mad at him.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:05 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Aegir
Cruising in the fast lane at 70 and he decides that "I drive the ultimate driving machine and am the pace setter for every car on the highway." Or, "The speed limit is 70, I'm doing 70, and I'm not moving from the left lane."

Funny how he didn't have the courtesy to speed up a bit and disrupt his cruise controlled life to move out of the way, yet when he felt his honor had somehow been impinged he became emboldened to pass on the right, in traffic, and speed up to 110mph. When the TL doesn't choose to follow, he figures he 'smoked' him. Then this reckless, ignorant fool actually comes away wondering why another driver would be mad at him.
Well said and I couldn't agree more. People like this that will keep an idea like the autobahn something that will never ever even be considered in the U.S. Many states have laws against this now, but I don't know of anyone who has actually been ticketed for this. I
Old 07-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Instructor

I agree, it pisses me off. one of my friends is like this. We were crusing down the highway in the fast lane at 65mph. there were people whizzin by us in the next to fast lane. I told him to get over and let the idiots who want to drive faster get the ticket. He said, I'm going 65 and that the speed limit, F-them. I told him he was an ass. So now when we go somewhere I take my car.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Agree...

"forth"...

You guys are pointing out the good reason why we're always stuck on the highway. I know some biotches doing the same thing, it's quite normal to drive like this in traffic areas, they may never learn the appopriate knowledge to drive cars. Those dummies should try to drive more in countrysides and learn how to properly use multiple-lanes highway.

Points to you guys.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:31 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by shodog
I agree, it pisses me off. one of my friends is like this. We were crusing down the highway in the fast lane at 65mph. there were people whizzin by us in the next to fast lane. I told him to get over and let the idiots who want to drive faster get the ticket. He said, I'm going 65 and that the speed limit, F-them. I told him he was an ass. So now when we go somewhere I take my car.
I have to disagree and agree with your friend except the F* word. if speed limit is 65, why the fast lane could be used to drive faster than 65?
Old 07-26-2004, 05:35 PM
10th Gear

I am soon to be an owner of a new TL (on order for mid August) and for now I am driving around a 2002 M3. Need the TL for I am a family man now and really do not need a whole lot of power plus with the TL you get more for your money. To me I can care less about what I drive as long as I like and enjoy it. I never test drove the TL but have gotten an E46 325 for a loaner car and it sucks. Atleast I think it sucks but hey it may just be me cause I let my friend try my loaner and he seems to think it has good power. This car can beat that car does not matter to me but hey it may matter to others. All I know is that Honda/Acura has always made quality cars and that is the main reason why I went ahead and ordered the TL without test driving one or even going to the dealerships to look at one. That along with the fact that I needed a four door with front or all wheel drive for me and my son to feel safe. Funny how having a child can change the way you look at things, like cars for example. Anyways what one drives is their preference and how they drive is up to them but speaking from experience (don't want to get into the details of it) I hope people drive with more care of others on the road.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:36 PM
ZHP 4CE

WELL SAID. This kind of thing frustrates the hell out of me. There are a lot of selfish people on the road whose time and right to road space take priority over everyone else, and it seems that many of those people drive BMWs or similarly priced vehicles.

I noticed this long before I recently purchased a bimmer, and now that I have one, I'm DOUBLY careful about how I drive because of the reputation BMW owners have...

I saw that post earlier today and didn't even bother to respond to it because (1) I don't like encouraging street racing and similarly reckless behavior and (2) there is NO WAY IN HELL that his 325Ci is going to take a TL like he said. You have to love the way every one of these racing stories is told from a seriously one-sided perspective, making the teller (1) not look like the aggressor, and (2) always the winner (either psychologically, physically, or both).
Old 07-26-2004, 05:47 PM
10th Gear

[QUOTE=TLud]
I saw that post earlier today and didn't even bother to respond to it because (1) I don't like encouraging street racing and similarly reckless behavior

I strongly agree with you TLud. There is another thread around here (Lists of cars that everyones raced and won!!!) that I don't even bother to look at.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 04tlnbppar
I have to disagree and agree with your friend except the F* word. if speed limit is 65, why the fast lane could be used to drive faster than 65?
You have a point, but there is also a rule that says slower traffic keep right. Nobody appointed those LLB's ( Left lane blockers) cop for a day. While I drive briskley, there are times when I pull over and let the other person drive faster and get the ticket. By doing this, it takes that cop out of action so that I get on my way.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Instructor

I admit that the BMW driver was being an ass for not moving over, but at the same time, it doesn't sound like the TL driver was any kind of a saint either...

Anyway, as a former BMW driver (I drove a 1995 M3 for 5 years, I have a 2001 Audi S4 now and I'm waiting on the 2005 TLs) I have to take exception to the stereotyping of BMW drivers as pompous lane hogs. I was in the BMW Club and I have to tell you that 99% of the members were just like a lot of people on this forum. They liked cars, and they liked to go fast, but they kept the fast driving on the track. Safety was a number one priority. They also had quite a bit of disdain for bad mannered drivers.

I drove my M3 with the best of manners, but that didn’t stop clods driving an assortment of makes and models from purposely cutting me off, lane blocking, trying to drag race me, or even tossing stuff out the window in front of me. When these things happened, I just let it go, since scenarios like the one described here frequently end badly.

So how about lightening up on BMW drivers? They aren’t all bad.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:01 PM
ImayBparanoidButNoAndroid

Originally Posted by TLud
You have to love the way every one of these racing stories is told from a seriously one-sided perspective, making the teller (1) not look like the aggressor, and (2) always the winner (either psychologically, physically, or both).
That is true of most if not all posts I've seen on the subject here and in other forums. As George Carlin said, "Anyone driving slower than me is a moron, anyone driving faster is a maniac." The sad thing about this quote is that most people truly feel this way.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:35 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 04tlnbppar
Dude thats why its called courtesy of letting people on the fast lane drive "fast".. i hate seeing trucks and other assholes going 65 MPH ON the fast lane.. first of all, 65 MPH isnt fast... and if your going 65 and not following the "traffic speed" then i believe the person is an asshole for not following the "traffic speed" (only on the fast lane that is, and only if the traffic is moving faster than 65MPH, Why stay behind the traffic if your on the fast lane)
Old 07-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Hal
Pedestrian Polo CHAMPION!

Expanding on what Zero said, it's road custom (especially out here on the drive to Las Vegas or Phoenix) to get to the right to let other cars pass you if you're not going their speed. Exclusively city drivers have no clue about this custom, but it IS the proper thing to do. It doesn't matter if the guy behind you is going 75 or 105, if you're in his way on the left lane, you're being an asshole if you don't get out of the way.

And what's so bad about the word 'fuck'? Ahh, that's another thread entirely.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hey guys are we even sure this is an 04?!?!?!
Old 07-26-2004, 06:54 PM
Pro

Left lane is for passing only. That is the law, not a suggestion. The BMW should have moved over if it was safe to do so, and let the other guy pass, at the very least. The TL should not have cut the guy off so badly as he mentioned, but the BMW should not have been going 110 in traffic either: "So I got clear of the traffic and resumed my 70mph"

Too many idiots driving these days
Old 07-26-2004, 06:57 PM