replacement rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007 | 01:25 PM
Instructor

replacement rear bumper

Hey guys, i got in a parking lot accident right before noon. I was backing out of my parking spot when someone drove behind me. I was on the end of the parked rows of cars and the eldery woman was approaching my car from the rear as I was backing up, as she was looking for a spot. I suppose she was too busy looking around to see that my reverse lights were on and if she would have stopped she could have had my spot. When I looked through my rear view, it was clear, I started to back out (there was a car parked to the left of me and I wanted to back out towards the right) and I took my eyes off the rearview to make sure I had clearance with the car parked next to me. Then my car stopped. I look in the rear view and there the old woman in her Infiniti G35 sedan. She was nice and i can't completely blame her. Yeah, she should have been paying attention for cars pulling out of a parking lot but at the same time I should have paid more attention too.

Anyways, has anyone had to replace their rear bumper? How much is the part? i emailed Tim at hondacuraworld already but he hasn't gotten back to me and I'm getting antsy.
Old 02-06-2007 | 02:23 PM
Instructor

Just got my car back after rear bumper replacement. Cost - $939 includes labor, bumper cover, some bumper inner parts and a tail light (I was told it was damaged underneath although nothing was wrong on the surface). If you need more details - let me know.
Old 02-06-2007 | 03:08 PM
Instructor

wow, that's a lot Greg. The collision was very light and i hope nothing is damaged underneath. I'll just buy the bumper because a friend of the family owns a body shop and I can have him look to make sure there's no underneath damage.

Thanks for the post.
Old 02-06-2007 | 03:20 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by evolpe
wow, that's a lot Greg. The collision was very light and i hope nothing is damaged underneath. I'll just buy the bumper because a friend of the family owns a body shop and I can have him look to make sure there's no underneath damage.

Thanks for the post.
As a matter of fact, I got the same impression! But the total cost wasn't too far off from the official appraisal total and they quote only $35/hour labor - a ridiculous number in our neck of the woods (New England). Besides, I trust the guy at least with the quality of his work (my Acura dealership uses his shop when there is a need)...
I hope yours is just slightly damaged - no need to pay big buck! Good luck!!!