Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattles - any real encouragement?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 10:07 PM
AcurAdmirer

Received 352 Likes on 164 Posts
Arrow Rattles - any real encouragement?

I've about given up on the IS350 for my next car (too hard to get one, a little too pricey, too small), so I'm back to looking at TL's. I'll wait to make sure if the '07 has any significant changes, but if not I may go ahead and get an '06.

So my issue is this: I've just read SO MANY posts and complaints here about rattles that I'm frankly spooked. Yeah, I know many of you swear you love your TL in spite of the rattles, but I'm a perfectionist who absolutely can't stand rattles. And if I get one that rattles, I'll hate the car and be really pissed.

And I know that the dealers will fix most or all of them, although it's a royal PITA to have to do that.

I've been really lucky I guess, but I haven't had a rattly car in years, and I don't want to start now. So can anyone give me some hope that a new TL won't become a rattletrap in a few thousand miles? Is it just the "few" with rattles that always complain? I've looked at the posts amd it looks like only about 25% have no rattles.

I know you can't give me any guarantees, but I also figure I'm probably not alone in feeling this way ...

Thoughts?
Old 07-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
From reading your post, I'll be perfectly honest with you. I'd say the TL is not the car for you if you're going to be that upset over rattles. The TL has several known rattles that a good majority of people experience at one time. Yes there will be people who say they have no rattles, but there's no way you'll be sure that the car you get will be rattle-free for the entire time you own itas a lot of them show up after 500, 1000, or even 10,000 miles.

For those that love their TL and deal with the rattles (me inlcuded), we'll all say it's a great car that we highly recommend. But if one little rattle is going to send you over the edge, I'd find something else.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:20 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
as much as I like the TL... I would say that is the only shortcoming of the TL.

You can take your chance with it.... but I would suggest you to look else where if rattle bothers you.

Used GS300/430 might not be a bad choice.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got an '05 TL and have only had on rattle/buzz that was in a sun visor. Based on my sample of one I wouldn't let the rattle issue bother you.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:57 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by AMIC
From reading your post, I'll be perfectly honest with you. I'd say the TL is not the car for you if you're going to be that upset over rattles. The TL has several known rattles that a good majority of people experience at one time. Yes there will be people who say they have no rattles, but there's no way you'll be sure that the car you get will be rattle-free for the entire time you own itas a lot of them show up after 500, 1000, or even 10,000 miles.

For those that love their TL and deal with the rattles (me inlcuded), we'll all say it's a great car that we highly recommend. But if one little rattle is going to send you over the edge, I'd find something else.
Yeah, I guess I invited that, but I worded the post that way on purpose to get honest replies.

I guess I'm hoping people will say the rattle issues were taken care of by the '06 model year, or that the whiners don't represent the majority of owners, or something. You've got to admit there are quite a few cars out there now that don't have build issues and rattles, and here in the 21st century, cars really shouldn't rattle.

There are three cars in my garage right now that have zero rattles: an '04 Maxima (with over 41,000 miles), an '06 Infiniti M45 (with 17,000) and my wife's '06 Cadillac STS (with about 7,000), and none of them has so much as a buzz or clink or tinkle.

The Maxima is about to go off lease and I'm looking for something nice to replace it as a "second car". The TL fits the bill, but I don't want to buy something I'll want to set on fire after 3 months.

Too much to ask? I don't think so.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Banned

I'm not sure why you need a second car to replace your lease Maxima when you have an '06 m45 to drive.

Anyways, I will not own Acura again because I find the rattles to be pathetic. (I've had them all)

I didnt spend near 40k total including aspec to have a car with more rattles than my '99 grand cherokee.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:52 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,390 Likes on 4,071 Posts
You know - Why hasn't something been done on large scale to press Acura to actually do something about the rattle and buzzing situation? I hate to say it this way but I spent 30K + on my TL, and it has minor buzzing mostly coming from the front door panels. A friend of mine spent 18K + on a Hyundai Sonata V6, and they have ZERO rattles or buzzes. That is EMBARRASSING!!!! There is NO EXCUSE for this, from an Acura automobile regardless of the model.
I count myself lucky, considering the minor nature of my buzzes. I have also had no other issues with the car. But Acura REALLY needs to step up and fix the quality control issuse they've been having.

BTW - Mike TX Stick with a Maxima, M45 or Caddy if they're working for you.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Advanced

yea i thought it was just me, but i have a 2006 tl and something seems to be rattling outta my passenger side. i think its the door compartment on the side.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:24 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Guys, remember all cars have rattles. Including the IS350. AT least on the TL we know what they are and can get them fixed.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:27 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by pttl
You know - Why hasn't something been done on large scale to press Acura to actually do something about the rattle and buzzing situation? I hate to say it this way but I spent 30K + on my TL, and it has minor buzzing mostly coming from the front door panels. A friend of mine spent 18K + on a Hyundai Sonata V6, and they have ZERO rattles or buzzes. That is EMBARRASSING!!!! There is NO EXCUSE for this, from an Acura automobile regardless of the model.
I count myself lucky, considering the minor nature of my buzzes. I have also had no other issues with the car. But Acura REALLY needs to step up and fix the quality control issuse they've been having.

BTW - Mike TX Stick with a Maxima, M45 or Caddy if they're working for you.
You do know the pockets that open up on the doors is your area where the buzz is right? Open it up half way and it will go away. Just put some padding on the sides of it behind the door and it will go away.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Safety Car

Mike, I saw your post on clublexus. The TL design is no where near looking kinda old. It still looks modern, and still looks great. And there really isn't that many complaints about rattles either. The transmission doesn't have the problems like the older CL-S/TL-S did. I wouldn't have bought one if it did.

IMHO if your going to be that picky over a car, why even own a car. lol
Old 07-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike_TX
I guess I'm hoping people will say the rattle issues were taken care of by the '06 model year, or that the whiners don't represent the majority of owners, or something. You've got to admit there are quite a few cars out there now that don't have build issues and rattles, and here in the 21st century, cars really shouldn't rattle.
As far as posts on here can attest, the rattles were not fixed in the 06's. And I think this is one issue where the people that complain do represent a large segment of TL owners, maybe not a majority, but enough of an issue that for someone who is really bothered by them to not consider the car.

I really believe that you like the car enough that you want someone to come here and tell you that all the bitching is not warranted and that the car you get will be rattle-free, but in reality you will probably be disappointed if you get a TL and after 500 miles a rattle appears.

But if you did exaggerate a little in your post and one rattle isn't going to sour your experience with the car then by all means get a TL. That will probably be the only issue you have.

Good luck with your car search.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe my car is the exception, but it's a '04 and I've yet to find even one rattle or squeak. I'm crazy when it comes to rattles, I listen constantly for anything that even resembles a noise, but I've never found any. I take it easy on rough roads, slow down when crossing railroad tracks, and don't have A-spec suspension or any other mods except Michelin PS-2 tires. It might be the way I care for my car, but it's my 3rd TL, and I've only had one rattle on the 2002 TLS, which I fixed in less than 5 minutes with a piece of felt between the dash and frame. I honestly think there is a relationship to how the car is driven and the # of rattles...and mods to the suspension don't help either. BTW....my friends Mercedes had so many rattles and other problems, he ended up getting rid of that piece of crap. I would have gotten rid of it sooner...it drove me crazy just riding in the car.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:50 AM
AcurAdmirer

Thanks again for the replies. All the info I've gotten, including the PM's, indicate I can probably expect rattles and buzzes, but that if I work with the dealer they'll eventually be taken care of. That's a pain, but I guess it's workable.

Fighting TL, I need a second car because I drive over 30,000 miles a year and I need to spread the miles over 2 car leases. And pttl, I really might have stuck with another Maxima, but for '07 they are all CVT's ... no CVT for me.

Aside from the TL, my other option is to give up for awhile and wait until November for the new '07 G35 to break cover.

But I appreciate the feedback on the TL!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:26 AM
10th Gear

I have an 06 TL and located in Florida, nothing has been modded on the car, it has about 11,000 miles and I have not heard any rattles, however I so have some creaking and it mostly come from parts like plastic rubbing against plastic or plastic on vinyl which can be taken care of with some felt between the 2 surfaces, and they are easy to fix. I also have an 02 Lexus SC430, and that also has creaking in the center console area. But so far I have been very happy with my TL. And for the money that you spend and for what you get, the TL is still the best value in it's class.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
And pttl, I really might have stuck with another Maxima, but for '07 they are all CVT's ... no CVT for me.
The CVT-only tranny for the 07 Maxima is a complete turnoff, which is really a shame. I had a chance to checkout the 07 models yesterday and they really are MUCH nicer than the 06 models parked adjacent to them. The $34-35k MSRP is almost justified now.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Royal Flush

I've about given up on the IS350 for my next car (too hard to get one, a little too pricey, too small), so I'm back to looking at TL's. I'll wait to make sure if the '07 has any significant changes, but if not I may go ahead and get an '06.

So my issue is this: I've just read SO MANY posts and complaints here about rattles that I'm frankly spooked. Yeah, I know many of you swear you love your TL in spite of the rattles, but I'm a perfectionist who absolutely can't stand rattles. And if I get one that rattles, I'll hate the car and be really pissed.

And I know that the dealers will fix most or all of them, although it's a royal PITA to have to do that.

I've been really lucky I guess, but I haven't had a rattly car in years, and I don't want to start now. So can anyone give me some hope that a new TL won't become a rattletrap in a few thousand miles? Is it just the "few" with rattles that always complain? I've looked at the posts amd it looks like only about 25% have no rattles.

I know you can't give me any guarantees, but I also figure I'm probably not alone in feeling this way ...

Thoughts?
Have you considered the IS250? The only huge difference is the engine. I've tested both and the IS250 is no slouch.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:16 AM
My first Avatar....

Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
You do know the pockets that open up on the doors is your area where the buzz is right? Open it up half way and it will go away. Just put some padding on the sides of it behind the door and it will go away.
I'm not sure it's the side door pockets. I'll check it out though. It doesn't happen all the time, so it's very difficult to pin point it.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
The most I have had in my 06 is the dr side vent rattle which was a DIY 3 min fix and a creaking on the plastic on the "B" pillar area which turned out to be in the door and I just pulled off the rubber/moulding and put felt in there .. all gone.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:28 AM
My first Avatar....

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
......which turned out to be in the door and I just pulled off the rubber/moulding and put felt in there .. all gone.
What do you mean? Can you elaborate on this a bit? Doors seem to be a problem on the Tls. When i push on the passenger door arm rest, the buzzing quiets down.

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
What do you mean? Can you elaborate on this a bit? Doors seem to be a problem on the Tls. When i push on the passenger door arm rest, the buzzing quiets down.

Thanks.
Its in the Garage DIY .. common issue
Old 07-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Cruisin'

I have an '06 TL and the rattles are definitely not fixed. I read the posts on this forum regarding rattles before I bought the car but when I test drove a TL it was rattle free so I thought maybe it wasn't a widespread problem.

My car was fine for the first 100 miles or so and then quickly developed a lot of rattles (B-pillar, doors, and the worst is the center stack/navigation which has almost a constant rattling/rubbing noise which I can't find).

I'm very picky when it comes to rattles and this car is the worst I've ever owned (aside from a mustang and my S2000, but it's expected from those types of cars). Most of the rattles, creaks, etc. are not too loud like in American cars when it sounds like the car is going to fall apart when you hit a bump. But for a $30k+ car, this car falls short. I find it embarassing to drive people around in a "luxury" car that has more rattles than cars costing half as much. It's really pathetic on Acura's part. Everyone with rattles needs to complain directly to Acura or the dealers even if they're going to fix it themselves.

Sorry for the rant, but these rattles are really annoying. I'm at the point where I'm halfway regretting buying this thing. Would have went with the IS 250 but there's no stickshift option with the AWD. Now I just turn the radio up because it's so frustrating.

If you're really annoyed by rattles, I would seriously consider buying another car. Not to mention my hood and bumper were crooked when I took delivery (with 11 miles on it, definitely no body work according to the body shop that realigned everything). Poor QC and build quality.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:20 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by F23A4
The CVT-only tranny for the 07 Maxima is a complete turnoff, which is really a shame. I had a chance to checkout the 07 models yesterday and they really are MUCH nicer than the 06 models parked adjacent to them. The $34-35k MSRP is almost justified now.
Why would a CVT tranny be a turnoff? It's new technology.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Republican TL
Have you considered the IS250? The only huge difference is the engine. I've tested both and the IS250 is no slouch.
The IS250 is dog slow. Slower than the older IS300. I drove one and coudn't stand how slow it is.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by prelude81
I have an '06 TL and the rattles are definitely not fixed. I read the posts on this forum regarding rattles before I bought the car but when I test drove a TL it was rattle free so I thought maybe it wasn't a widespread problem.

My car was fine for the first 100 miles or so and then quickly developed a lot of rattles (B-pillar, doors, and the worst is the center stack/navigation which has almost a constant rattling/rubbing noise which I can't find).

I'm very picky when it comes to rattles and this car is the worst I've ever owned (aside from a mustang and my S2000, but it's expected from those types of cars). Most of the rattles, creaks, etc. are not too loud like in American cars when it sounds like the car is going to fall apart when you hit a bump. But for a $30k+ car, this car falls short. I find it embarassing to drive people around in a "luxury" car that has more rattles than cars costing half as much. It's really pathetic on Acura's part. Everyone with rattles needs to complain directly to Acura or the dealers even if they're going to fix it themselves.

Sorry for the rant, but these rattles are really annoying. I'm at the point where I'm halfway regretting buying this thing. Would have went with the IS 250 but there's no stickshift option with the AWD. Now I just turn the radio up because it's so frustrating.

If you're really annoyed by rattles, I would seriously consider buying another car. Not to mention my hood and bumper were crooked when I took delivery (with 11 miles on it, definitely no body work according to the body shop that realigned everything). Poor QC and build quality.
The IS250 has a ton of rattles too. Read the forums over at clublexus or is300.net. And its a LEXUS!

Every car has rattles.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Ill let this thread go to help out Mike_tx but please dont use this as a way to bitch about rattles. We all know its an issue.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Every car has rattles.
best post in this thread....
Old 07-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Intermediate

The IS250 has a ton of rattles too. Read the forums over at clublexus or is300.net. And its a LEXUS!

Every car has rattles.

Ditto the Infiniti's. Check out their forum. I had an E class Mercedes before the TL and rattles came and went all the time when I had the E320. My experience so far with the TL is that there are some squeaks and buzz now and then but nothing intrusive. Good luck with your car selection.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:24 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by kkltam
Ditto the Infiniti's. Check out their forum. I had an E class Mercedes before the TL and rattles came and went all the time when I had the E320. My experience so far with the TL is that there are some squeaks and buzz now and then but nothing intrusive. Good luck with your car selection.
Well, I don't want to start a tee-teeing contest here, but as I said earlier, my '04 Maxima has zero rattles or squeaks after 41,000 miles (and never did have any), and the same applies to my '06 Infiniti M45 at over 17,000 miles.

I can also attest that my 3 previous BMW 540i's were rattle-free, as was the BMW 740i that preceded them. Basically, I haven't had a rattle in a car in close to 14 years! So I'm sorry, but I don't buy the "all cars have rattles" argument.

In 2006, technology, engineering and assembly techniques have advanced far enough that rattles are completely unwarranted in a car. Chassis rigidity is lightyears ahead of where it was even a few years ago, robotic assembly is very precise, and the industry has zillions of sealants, adhesives, fasteners and other products to stop rattles and squeaks. To be honest about it, there's really no excuse for rattles in any modern car ... whether it's a $15,000 Kia or a $35,000 Acura, no matter how many thousands of parts go into it. Sorry, but that's just the truth.

After reading this thread and the one titled "Would you buy another TL?", I've learned a lot, and I appreciate all the input. Please don't take any of this as a slam, since TL owners seem to be as passionate as any owners out there, and I'm happy you like your cars. For me, though, I'll have to think long and hard before accepting what is apparently a "characteristic" of many, if not most, TL's.

Great-looking car, nice performer, but probably would be a frustrating experience for me ... like it is for many of you.

Thanks again!
Old 07-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Safety Car

Mike, I use to own 4 Maximas as well. And they all had there share of rattles. 96-98-00-01. The 04's, was one of the major complaints was rattles and poor build quality. Look at Maxima.org. So if you have zero rattles you were lucky. Like I said, all cars have rattles. I have yet to own one that didn't.

Maybe its possible you can't hear the rattles as much as some others can. Because its really hard for me to believe you have never had any rattles on any of those cars.

The cars of today are built with panels so close together in interior/exterior that squeaks and rattles are more prone now than they were back in the day. You have pads/rubber touching each other now to help silence stuff but it also creates other noises.

Well, I don't want to start a tee-teeing contest here, but as I said earlier, my '04 Maxima has zero rattles or squeaks after 41,000 miles (and never did have any), and the same applies to my '06 Infiniti M45 at over 17,000 miles.

I can also attest that my 3 previous BMW 540i's were rattle-free, as was the BMW 740i that preceded them. Basically, I haven't had a rattle in a car in close to 14 years! So I'm sorry, but I don't buy the "all cars have rattles" argument.

In 2006, technology, engineering and assembly techniques have advanced far enough that rattles are completely unwarranted in a car. Chassis rigidity is lightyears ahead of where it was even a few years ago, robotic assembly is very precise, and the industry has zillions of sealants, adhesives, fasteners and other products to stop rattles and squeaks. To be honest about it, there's really no excuse for rattles in any modern car ... whether it's a $15,000 Kia or a $35,000 Acura, no matter how many thousands of parts go into it. Sorry, but that's just the truth.

After reading this thread and the one titled "Would you buy another TL?", I've learned a lot, and I appreciate all the input. Please don't take any of this as a slam, since TL owners seem to be as passionate as any owners out there, and I'm happy you like your cars. For me, though, I'll have to think long and hard before accepting what is apparently a "characteristic" of many, if not most, TL's.

Great-looking car, nice performer, but probably would be a frustrating experience for me ... like it is for many of you.

Thanks again!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Why would a CVT tranny be a turnoff? It's new technology.
#1 It is not new technology (ref. 1990-94 Subaru Justy ECVT) and #2 I own an 05 Murano and I know from daily use that CVT stifles its acceleration and its fuel economy benefits are dubious at best. (We average 18.5mpg.)

So long as I can help it, I will not buy a car with CVT until the technology "advances" further.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Racer

I agree in that I hate rattles/squeaks in a $30k+ car. Should not have any. With that said my '01 BMW 330i developed a squeak around the shoulder belt where it attached to the pillar. A little annoying but I just learned to live with it. It was only noticeable some of the time and really depened on the road. I now have an '06 TL with 900 miles on it. A few weeks ago both doors had a buzz when I cranked the stereo up full blast. I put some pressure on the driver door and the buzzing went away. Annoying-yes! I have not heard it since though. Maybe it was the song that was playing had more bass tones in it(I don't even know if this makes sense) but certain songs can sound terrible at full volume while others sound fine. All in all, no other rattles to speak of and I listen for them as well. Good luck.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Originally Posted by trancemission
best post in this thread....
I agree with both the action and the comment, trancemission.

Every car has some rattle some-where. I don't think the 3G TL, overall, has more than any other car I've driven. But then again, I've been very lucky with my car. I'm now 100 miles short of 50k and I've had nothing big....
Old 07-05-2006, 03:42 PM
AcurAdmirer

Mike, I use to own 4 Maximas as well. And they all had there share of rattles. 96-98-00-01. The 04's, was one of the major complaints was rattles and poor build quality. Look at Maxima.org. So if you have zero rattles you were lucky. Like I said, all cars have rattles. I have yet to own one that didn't.

Maybe its possible you can't hear the rattles as much as some others can. Because its really hard for me to believe you have never had any rattles on any of those cars.

The cars of today are built with panels so close together in interior/exterior that squeaks and rattles are more prone now than they were back in the day. You have pads/rubber touching each other now to help silence stuff but it also creates other noises.
Like I said, pimpin, no tee-teeing contest from me. But I'm not lying about the rattle-free cars I've owned. My wife will confirm my claims.

And while I'm at it, her Caddy STS is also free of rattles and squeaks. Maybe we just live right.

But responsible carmakers anticipate places where surfaces touch and use the necessary materials to keep them from making noises. I'm surprised - and disappointed - Acura hasn't taken the time to do the same ... or at least learn from the earlier models and fix the rattles on the assembly line, for cryin' out loud!

To tell you the truth, I'd be surprised anymore if I actually got a car that had a rattle. And if I did, I'd expect the dealer to be a little embarrased about it and fix it immediately. Kinda looks like Acura knows the TL is prone to rattles and just lets the customer work it out with the dealer!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Safety Car

I thought of a possible cause why some cars have more rattles and some don't. The suspension. I have been in cushy rides like a Caddy and it had no ratttles. But it won't because the suspension is so darn soft you don't even feel the bump yourself. The Maxima suspension is very soft as well for 04. And most of the cars you listed.

The TL has more of a sport suspension on it so its a bit stiffer than most cars.

Also my G35 had stiff suspension and was solid when it was stock, but after sway bars and exhaust, the car developed rattles and creaks.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:19 PM
My first Avatar....

"EVERY car has rattles".....hmm.....My 01 TL had a grand total of - ZERO, none, nadda, zip, zilch rattles, or any other kind of sound coming from the interior. That was one of the reasons I'm on TL #2 now.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Cruisin'

Thats about the one and only rattle/buzz I've noticed on my car. I did get some felt and placed where the panel/pocket meets the edges.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

"EVERY car has rattles".....hmm.....
I guess you have to be looking for them. I dont hear mine until I read threads like this.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:25 PM
AcurAdmirer

Originally Posted by trancemission
I guess you have to be looking for them. I dont hear mine until I read threads like this.
LOL! If you have to look for them, they aren't a problem.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Cruisin'

Mike TX, I would encourage you to find a diffirent vehicle. I own a 2006 TL AT with NAV and it rattles. Like you I read some post prior to my purchase and thought (and hoped) that they were isolated incidents. During the test drive no rattles/creaks or anything were heard. Once the car had reached about 800 miles, all hell broke loose. So if you're anything like me (totally go insane with interior noises) DONT buy to the TL (sorry guys). But despite these quirks the vehicle is in fact the best for the money. Although next time, I would spend more for peace of mind!!! Good luck on your purchase!

Oh by the way, I too owned Maxima 04, 4Runner 05, Avalon 01, ES 300 04. All with no rattles too!!! Maybe this is why I can pick them up so quickly. Again, good luck with your next car!

Quick Reply: Rattles - any real encouragement?