Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattles after tinting?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:10 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattles after tinting?

My 05 TL had major rattles so I traded it in for a 07 TL-S. I would say 50% of the rattles was due to an audio mod. I am thinking of tinting the car. I've done some research in this forum and learned that door panels have to be removed in order to use moleskins on the weather strips. I am really scared of taking anythiing apart again.

For all of you who has tinted windows, did any one experiece rattles after tinting? If yes, were you able to fix the rattles? Any comments will be highly appreciated :-)
Old 08-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Cruiser

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by iamthebert
My 05 TL had major rattles so I traded it in for a 07 TL-S. I would say 50% of the rattles was due to an audio mod. I am thinking of tinting the car. I've done some research in this forum and learned that door panels have to be removed in order to use moleskins on the weather strips. I am really scared of taking anythiing apart again.

For all of you who has tinted windows, did any one experiece rattles after tinting? If yes, were you able to fix the rattles? Any comments will be highly appreciated :-)

the rattle in the door will be there before you tint. I just think the window cage and the plastic molding for the interior is not secure enough. everytime I close my door, especially with window half way down it rattles. In addition, when I have a song with much bass playing you can hear a little buzz in the door.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:50 PM
PSW
ANTHRACITE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iamthebert

No rattling after I had tint installed. However my driver side door started rattling after I installed the KP window-roll up module.