Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

:rant:...need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:rant:...need some advice

Ok yesterday i took my wifes car to work. I drive 48 miles one way. Her car is bran new and i'm trying to keep the miles off the TL since see drives 1/2 mile to work. anyways...she did'nt work yesterday, shes sick. So did'nt leave the apartment.

Today: i get home from work about 8am. Take a nap, get up to go get some food and as i'm walking towards my car is notice somthing, that looked like bird shit on my drivers side door....well nope thats not what it is...it looks as if someone pulled in/out of the parking spot next to me and rubbed their bumper up against my car, leaving a really nice paint mark!!!...anyways i'm fucking pissed!!!!! i just washed my car too! anyways any ideas how to get this stuff off w/o paying some jackass to do it for me, clay bar etc...here are some pics...sorry not the best!!
Old 02-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
looks superficial. you can probably use some compound to take it off. or even quick buff should do the job.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
that looks like it will buff out...
check the 3g garage on detailing and buffing tips
Old 02-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
clay is good for stuff like that.....compound...... dont use it unless you've gone through the procedures its not wax on wax off typa thing
Old 02-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had some jerk off wack his mirror this morn against mine because hes got a caravan and they are roads kings and warriors...obviously right??? so all he did was leave one of those rubber scuffs on the top of the mirror and his mirror ripped right off the car hes like im gonna call the police i was like for what... something u just did???? so then he cursed me out and I continued by ripping him a new asshole with every racial slur in the book and walked away....drove to work grabbed a clay bar from my boy who works at the parking lot rubbed it off and it was alllll good. lol but the scuffs looked like yours.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Originally Posted by Fireguy0826
Ok yesterday i took my wifes car to work. I drive 48 miles one way. Her car is bran new and i'm trying to keep the miles off the TL since see drives 1/2 mile to work. anyways...she did'nt work yesterday, shes sick. So did'nt leave the apartment.

Today: i get home from work about 8am. Take a nap, get up to go get some food and as i'm walking towards my car is notice somthing, that looked like bird shit on my drivers side door....well nope thats not what it is...it looks as if someone pulled in/out of the parking spot next to me and rubbed their bumper up against my car, leaving a really nice paint mark!!!...anyways i'm fucking pissed!!!!! i just washed my car too! anyways any ideas how to get this stuff off w/o paying some jackass to do it for me, clay bar etc...here are some pics...sorry not the best!!
1) Clay bar it.
2) Compound it.
3) Sand it then polish and buff.

Start with 1, go to 3 if needed. Good luck.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Tripnbeats
I had some jerk off wack his mirror this morn against mine because hes got a caravan and they are roads kings and warriors...obviously right??? so all he did was leave one of those rubber scuffs on the top of the mirror and his mirror ripped right off the car hes like im gonna call the police i was like for what... something u just did???? so then he cursed me out and I continued by ripping him a new asshole with every racial slur in the book and walked away....drove to work grabbed a clay bar from my boy who works at the parking lot rubbed it off and it was alllll good. lol but the scuffs looked like yours.
Funny I was at the bank on Saturady in the drive through, which is one lane. Well this guy comes up behind me in a jeep liberty and is beeping the horn and I'm like wtf? Well, I guess he thought there was 2 lanes and he wanted to go around me. He proceeds to go around me and nails the HUGE green dumpster on the side of him, he hit it so hard it slid about 7ft. I got out of my car right away and I was like wtf are you doing? I was like don't move that freakin POS cause if you back up and hit my car I will kill you! I guess I made so much of a scene the bank manager came out and asked the car in front of me to pull up so I could pull up so he could get his car unstuck.
But it's only women that are bad drivers right?
Old 02-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
thats not a clay bar situation....that will require some polishing, maybe by machine....

do not attempt to sand it unless you know what the hell you are doing.....

i really wish people would stop with the clay bar for dents and scratches and paint transfer....its not for that....
Old 02-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn
Funny I was at the bank on Saturady in the drive through, which is one lane. Well this guy comes up behind me in a jeep liberty and is beeping the horn and I'm like wtf? Well, I guess he thought there was 2 lanes and he wanted to go around me. He proceeds to go around me and nails the HUGE green dumpster on the side of him, he hit it so hard it slid about 7ft. I got out of my car right away and I was like wtf are you doing? I was like don't move that freakin POS cause if you back up and hit my car I will kill you! I guess I made so much of a scene the bank manager came out and asked the car in front of me to pull up so I could pull up so he could get his car unstuck.

hahah nope
Old 02-09-2009, 03:46 PM
† equals ☺

LMAO sounds like something that would happen in Cali.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Pro

success! i went out and bought some rubbing compound, polish and some wax...its all gone looks good as new!!

I cleaned the area very well before hand with some car wash& water, then used the rubbing compound to take the transfer off, polished and then waxed the area, and it looks great!
Old 02-09-2009, 05:33 PM
DuDeChEwY

haha
Old 02-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Fireguy0826
success! i went out and bought some rubbing compound, polish and some wax...its all gone looks good as new!!

I cleaned the area very well before hand with some car wash& water, then used the rubbing compound to take the transfer off, polished and then waxed the area, and it looks great!
sweet