Question on the climate control automatic for TL 2006

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006 | 05:55 PM
3rd Gear

Question on the climate control automatic for TL 2006

When I use climate control automatic, then climate control recirculate, the auto sign disappeared. Do I still get auto climate control without the auto sign?
Also, is there anyway I can know if the A/C is on when using climate control automatic? Climate control bothers me since I couldn't find a really confortable mode for it, or maybe I just bought the car for two weeks, hehe!
Thanks a lot for any help here!
Old 08-28-2006 | 06:14 PM
Registered Member

The climate control works very well in the Auto setting. Best thing is to select an initial temperature, say 68 degrees, the select Auto. The system will do the rest. if you find it getting a might too cool, reselect the temperature up a few degrees. I find the Auto setting to be nearly ideal.
Old 08-28-2006 | 06:46 PM
6MT & LSD

Originally Posted by ericle613
When I use climate control automatic, then climate control recirculate, the auto sign disappeared.
It disappeared because you overrode AUTO by manually choosing to recirculate, rather than having the ACC decide when to use recirc.
Do I still get auto climate control without the auto sign?
You'll still get the desired temperature. If the AUTO sign is off, it just means it won't control all the aspects of the HVAC system. Unless you want to chose the vents or the fan speed, it's just best to leave it on AUTO, imo
Also, is there anyway I can know if the A/C is on when using climate control automatic? Climate control bothers me since I couldn't find a really confortable mode for it, or maybe I just bought the car for two weeks, hehe!
Thanks a lot for any help here!
I don't think there's a light/sign that comes on while on auto, but you can hear/feel it engage... besides, if there's cold air blowing out on a hot day...

Personally, I pick a number and leave it alone. Unless it's extremely hot/cold out and I want everything on full blast when I first get going...
Old 08-28-2006 | 07:13 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

i agree, the climate control in the TL is one of the best i've seen. it never feels like it's blasting super loudly, which happens a lot in my dad's Lexus... so he always has it off. On the other hand, I always have mine set to 71 or maybe up and down depending on how it feels
Old 08-28-2006 | 07:25 PM
'06 6MT WDP

Like the others have said, the Auto climate control is one of the best I've ever seen. In the summer I set it initially at 70 degrees and then once things cool down I set it to 72. Feels perfect and you never really feel it blowing full force.
Old 08-28-2006 | 07:34 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

I set it and forget it, too. The only time I ever notice it doing something is if the audio is off and I'm making lots of turns. The navi-controlled ventilation is apparent as I hear it changing vents.
Old 08-28-2006 | 08:04 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by zeezz
i agree, the climate control in the TL is one of the best i've seen. it never feels like it's blasting super loudly, which happens a lot in my dad's Lexus... so he always has it off. On the other hand, I always have mine set to 71 or maybe up and down depending on how it feels

IMHO Nissan makes one of the best climate controls. The TL isn't very good. I use to keep my G35 on 72 and it kept it at 72. The TL got warm at 72 so I had to go down to 68 and hope it keeps it cool. I never had to adjust the G35 ever off 72. It just worked. The TL, I am always adjusting the fan speed manually.
Old 08-28-2006 | 08:18 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
IMHO Nissan makes one of the best climate controls. The TL isn't very good. I use to keep my G35 on 72 and it kept it at 72. The TL got warm at 72 so I had to go down to 68 and hope it keeps it cool. I never had to adjust the G35 ever off 72. It just worked. The TL, I am always adjusting the fan speed manually.
Maybe it's broken. I, too, set mine at 72 and it's always exactly that.
Old 08-28-2006 | 09:11 PM
Safety Car

At 72 degrees the fan doesn't even blow full blast. At 68 it does. My G35 no matter what if the temp was 90 in the car the fan would blow full blast till it hit your temp setting.
Old 08-28-2006 | 09:25 PM
One on the right for me

I have yet to actually play around with the Auto settings. Kind of weird now that I think about it, I've had the car for over two years.
Old 08-28-2006 | 09:50 PM
AcurAdmirer

To the original poster, you know it's on Auto if it says "Auto" in little letters right above the temperature in the upper dash display. But there's not a light or other indicator that I've found that tells you the A/C (compressor) is on.

All the other cars I've owned had little lights to tell you the A/C is on - like the one on the "Dual" button - but not the TL.

And not to hijack the thread, but I agree the climate control is not quite as good in the TL as in some other cars I've had. For one thing, the fan doesn't blow as hard as most cars when you have it at its highest speed. I really like a flood of air, since it gets hotter than the hinges of Hell here in Texas, and the TL sometimes seems wimpy in that department. So I have to keep it set at a lot lower temp than I'm used to (like 65 degrees) to stay cool enough.
Old 08-29-2006 | 01:32 AM
Engineer

oh since we're talkin about the climate control...
how come the rear defroster doesn't turn off by itself when it's done defrosting?
my old accord's defroster turns itself off without me pushing the button again after it's done.
Old 08-29-2006 | 01:35 AM
One on the right for me

Originally Posted by lights
how come the rear defroster doesn't turn off by itself when it's done defrosting?
my old accord's defroster turns itself off without me pushing the button again after it's done.
i'm not 100 percent sure but i belive my rear defroster turns off on its own.
Old 08-29-2006 | 10:05 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by lights
Mine ALWAYS does
Old 08-29-2006 | 12:29 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ndx2
It disappeared because you overrode AUTO by manually choosing to recirculate, rather than having the ACC decide when to use recirc.

You'll still get the desired temperature. If the AUTO sign is off, it just means it won't control all the aspects of the HVAC system. Unless you want to chose the vents or the fan speed, it's just best to leave it on AUTO, imo

I don't think there's a light/sign that comes on while on auto, but you can hear/feel it engage... besides, if there's cold air blowing out on a hot day...

Personally, I pick a number and leave it alone. Unless it's extremely hot/cold out and I want everything on full blast when I first get going...
Thanks a lot for the details! One more question, when climate control's off, then I manually press the fan speed button, will A/C be on automatically?
Old 08-29-2006 | 02:28 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ericle613
Thanks a lot for the details! One more question, when climate control's off, then I manually press the fan speed button, will A/C be on automatically?
I don't think so, I think it reverts to the settings prior to shutoff.
Old 08-29-2006 | 03:46 PM
whut

The TL's climate control is so-so. The auto programming is way too slow to go to max fan speed when the interior is hot, and it shouldn't go to recirc until it blows the hot air out and the cabin temp starts to approach the auto setting. I end up doing it manually and it works much better. I live in SC so the interior can get seriously hot. A sunshade is a must!

It's a minor gripe, and I'm not aware of any other climate control system that's really "smarter", but there are many that react better to temp changes. The TL's climate control scheme is too conservative IMHO.

BTW, the rear defroster is on a timer but if you re-actuate it after it times out it'll stay on in "manual mode" until you turn it (or the car) off.