Question about windows and tint

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011 | 11:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Question about windows and tint

got my TL used and it had tint on it. they r 2 different shades so i am looking into getting them redone. the tint looks blue from the inside.

the question is....is my tint blue or are the windows stained blue like the mirrors?
Old 02-28-2011 | 12:26 AM
Safety Car

i'm pretty sure its the tint that makes it look blue but i'm not 100% sure. when i went to go get my tint done 2 weeks ago my car also had tint from the factory and they had to remove it before applying on the tint i wanted.

charged me $60 for tint removal boooooo
Old 02-28-2011 | 06:52 AM
Senior Moderator

The TL did not come with blue tint. Either the last owner had a blueish tint installed or the tint is turning that way due to time or use of improper products to clean it.
Old 02-28-2011 | 07:07 AM
BANNED

^this.

some grades of tint will turn blue/purple over time bc its cheap, or they used the wrong products to clean their tinted windows.

if you get it professionally tinted at a reputable shop, and clean it with non-amonia (safetint) cleaners...you'll be fine in the future.
Old 02-28-2011 | 11:46 AM
Mug
Burning Brakes

Make sure you have mole skins. I didn't know about them and I have vertical scratches on all my windows.
Old 02-28-2011 | 11:54 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
The TL did not come with blue tint. Either the last owner had a blueish tint installed or the tint is turning that way due to time or use of improper products to clean it.
on my car the windows had a slight blueish tint before i put dark tint on. now that blue tint is gone
Old 02-28-2011 | 12:26 PM
Burning Brakes

well mine is tinted dark ad its freakin BLUE maybe purple idk cuz im color blind. so yeah it either has blue/purple tint ot faded crappy tint. like i said it was from the previous owner. either way i dont car as long as its not the actual glass.

that sux i will have to pay extra to remove the tint i dint know that.

i think i am gonna go 20% windows and 5% on rear maybe 50% windshield.

another question...does tint go on inside or outside of windows?

any recommended tint? i want black tint with UV protection
Old 02-28-2011 | 12:30 PM
Registered TL Lover

when you get them redone get 3m colorstable film garenteed not to change colors for life
Old 02-28-2011 | 12:33 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by greco9885
on my car the windows had a slight blueish tint before i put dark tint on. now that blue tint is gone
oem is actually stained glass, just to clarify

Originally Posted by Fatfrii
well mine is tinted dark ad its freakin BLUE maybe purple idk cuz im color blind. so yeah it either has blue/purple tint ot faded crappy tint. like i said it was from the previous owner. either way i dont car as long as its not the actual glass.

that sux i will have to pay extra to remove the tint i dint know that.

i think i am gonna go 20% windows and 5% on rear maybe 50% windshield.

another question...does tint go on inside or outside of windows?

any recommended tint? i want black tint with UV protection
inside

3m, llumar are good brands

i have 20% all around and its perfect with my black interior

if you have a light color interior the tint will look lighter

i would not do 5% on the rear as it just is not needed.
Old 02-28-2011 | 12:55 PM
Senior Moderator

It goes on the inside.
Old 03-01-2011 | 12:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Well i dont want the 5% on the back for style actually i think that looks worse in my opinion rather than having it matched all the way around. I have extremely dark tint on the back of my car right now and i love it because there is no glare from headlights at night. my eyes are very sensitive to light. i think i will get a doctor to verify that so if i get pulled over ill show him the paper. but its gonna be a lil while till i get this done i have time to think.

iv been looking at pics in this forum but it is somewhat frustrating. i want a pic thread where they post pics and specs only. i really hate when stupid people (most likely bros or jackasses who watch jersey shore) over post comments like "bro thats clean!" "straight sexy" and i especially hate when they quote the op and repost the same pictures of the picture they are commenting on.....it is redundant and ridiculous.

i am only 21 years old so its strange for me to say that i hate the fact that young people predominantly drive theses cars....and before anyone decides to criticize me, i did pay for my car and i also pay for every last thing i do it and i feel blessed and grateful for doing so

anyways, any1 got a link to a concise and organized tint pic thread?

Last edited by Fatfrii; 03-01-2011 at 12:15 AM.