3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proud new Type-S owner!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Drifting

Received 663 Likes on 539 Posts
Thanks JD. I see you are in northern IL, me too. If the WDP was a recent type s, then I know the car you're talking about, i tried to go see it but it was sold already. Last I checked it was still on autotrader though. One difference is that that one was used, while mine was certified. WDP was my first choice originally, but now that I have the silver, I'm glad I do, i think the color looks perfect.

I also used to own a third gen, a NBP 05 with the a spec kit. Loved that car. I traded it in after 3 years for a brand new maxima, but that never really did it for me, I could never really feel like it was the car for me. Started looking, found this one, and the rest is history.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats
Old 11-30-2011, 01:21 AM
TL=True Love

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by JD TL-S
AWESOME !!! CONGRATS !!! I found one WDP with 19,000 miles and it was the same price you paid.
OMG i saw that car, too. At Acura of Westmont right? I just called them and they said they sold it on Saturday :-(

Anyway, congrats on the TL-S! Wow, 9 cars and your soooo young. Can u list them plz? I wanna see if u have good taste lol. im sure u do, cuz u just got a TL. Do u lease cars? Or did u get in car accidents a lot?
Old 11-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
congrats you're gonna love it.

since its an A/T and the first owner was a senior citizen, you should reset your ECU. You're definitely gonna notice a difference. Its much peppier after you do.

instructions here

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/resetting-ecu-makes-me-happy-747662/
The following users liked this post:
KJ TL-S (12-01-2011)
Old 11-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats man, not to steal your thunder but i am also a new WDP type-s owner! Crazy ride, traded in my leased scion tc and got the new ride!!! Crazy ride!!1
Old 12-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by wall e
OMG i saw that car, too. At Acura of Westmont right? I just called them and they said they sold it on Saturday :-(

Anyway, congrats on the TL-S! Wow, 9 cars and your soooo young. Can u list them plz? I wanna see if u have good taste lol. im sure u do, cuz u just got a TL. Do u lease cars? Or did u get in car accidents a lot?
Haha, I can tell you thats a lie if they say they just sold it on Saturday. I was in the Saturday before that and it was sold earlier than that. Sounds like they are just leaving the ad up to generate interest and get people in. The guy pulled up in his only Type-S for sale, which had 111K on it, and he told me the price was $19,995 and tried to tell me it was comparable. In my mind, 92K mile difference isn't exactly comparable.

As far as my cars go, my dad and brother and I just went over the list over Thanksgiving, so here we go:

1987 IROC-Z Camaro
1989 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible
1988 Chevy Half-Ton with 400hp Small Block under the hood, the thing could move
1993 Acura Vigor
1997 Firebird Formula
2002 Honda Accord Coupe V6
2005 Acura TL with A-Spec Kit
2011 Nissan Maxima SV Premium Tech
2007 Acura TL Type-S

As I got older, I started liking luxury more than just V8 power. I'm like my Dad, I just don't seem to keep most vehicles very long. Only the Maxima was leased, but I got a good enough deal when I got it and when I traded it in that I came out just fine from the lease, although I don't see myself leasing cars anymore. Only accident was a little fender bender with the truck.

The longest stretch was my 05 TL, had that for over 3 years, and after a year with the Maxima, I really missed my TL. The Maxima was a very nice car and all, just didn't have that something extra that the TL has. The Type S is a car that grabs your attention, the Maxima was just a nice car, but nothing out of the ordinary. With the Type-S I finally see myself in a car that I'll be keeping for a long time.

Originally Posted by P_R_N_D
congrats you're gonna love it.

since its an A/T and the first owner was a senior citizen, you should reset your ECU. You're definitely gonna notice a difference. Its much peppier after you do.

instructions here

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=747662
Much appreciated! I had seen this mentioned here and there, but hadn't yet found the thread on how to do it. Did it this morning before leaving for work and noticed the difference immediately. Surprised myself on a quick move from 35 - 55mph.

Originally Posted by palangel88
Congrats man, not to steal your thunder but i am also a new WDP type-s owner! Crazy ride, traded in my leased scion tc and got the new ride!!! Crazy ride!!1
Hey no worries, congrats to you too! WDP was initially my first choice, but then I decided I liked silver too. When I found this one in silver, I knew I couldn't pass it up.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by KJ 3G TL
Thanks everyone! Loving the car! I couldn't wait any longer and I'm currently sitting at the tint shop getting 35% put on. It is an automatic. The wife doesn't drive stick, so the 6 speed unfortunately wasn't an option. I'll try to get some pictures up soon, a little busy with the holidays but I'll get them here! Next I think I'll get the bluebat over lays for the amber part of turn signal, I can't stand that orange.
Email me when you're ready

B@t
Old 12-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
Congrats! I also picked up mine yesterday. Also a 2007 ASM - 37k for $24k. Actually, inside and outside is identical to yours except mine came with the side door guards (haven't decided if i like them yet)

The following users liked this post:
KJ TL-S (12-01-2011)
Old 12-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Drifting

Nice looking car Turbo! Looks familiar...Like P R N D said, reset that ECU, makes for a fun difference!

Tonight I'm going to try to get rid of the read deck rattle, I can't stand it. I have the Bass at 0 and the sub at -3 just to listen to it without hearing that awful rattle sound. Hopefully get rid of any other rattles too before adding a 10" sub in the trunk. Coming from the Maxima, this stereo just doesn't cut it, not loud enough at all, and a severe lack of bass.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by KJ 3G TL
Thanks JD. I see you are in northern IL, me too. If the WDP was a recent type s, then I know the car you're talking about, i tried to go see it but it was sold already. Last I checked it was still on autotrader though. One difference is that that one was used, while mine was certified. WDP was my first choice originally, but now that I have the silver, I'm glad I do, i think the color looks perfect.

I also used to own a third gen, a NBP 05 with the a spec kit. Loved that car. I traded it in after 3 years for a brand new maxima, but that never really did it for me, I could never really feel like it was the car for me. Started looking, found this one, and the rest is history.
Yes Sir. I had 3 ASM cars before and loved the color, but I owned on 2006 WDP 6 speed Nav and LOVED the color once I did alot of mods. ASM is an awesome color. And the Type-S in my opinion is FOR SURE worth the extra $$$. I want toi buy one in July 2012 for cash once KAZOO gets here from Planet Vega Can't wait. I got the POWER bug out of me. The AWESOME Camaro SS/RS LS3 I have now. It wll be gone in two weeks. I will be driving a 1999 Black Buick Park Ave with 58k miles for 200 more days. Welcome again, and have FUN MODDING, because there's ALOT you can do from this forum for sure !!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Drifting

I'm sure once you're back in a TL you'll feel home again, I know I did as soon as I started driving one again. Coming from an 05, I can say that the Type-S makes a difference for sure! And I agree, the WDP looks spectacular with a few mods and tinted windows, but I'm also really happy with the ASM with tint.

Here are a few shots with the tint installed. Like I said earlier, I stayed legal here in IL, so its only 35%, but it still sets it off nicely. The tint shop used Johnson ceramic tint, no felt, and gave me a lifetime warranty, so should I get scratches, I'll just have those windows redone. If anyone is in the NW suburbs of Chicago, I used Auto Image in Barrington, this is the shop that does all the cars for Motor Werks of Barrington, so I'm definitely comfortable with the work they did.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 103 Posts
Congrats! The tint looks good. Also, welcome to the UA7 Squad