Sponsored by:

possibly buying 04/05 tl - need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 10:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
possibly buying 04/05 tl - need help

Hey everybody…

I think I finally decided to trade my TSX for the TL. Now my only wait is to figure out if I want the 2004 or the 2005. Is it worth waiting for the 2005? What possible features will be included or new options?

For example the 2005 RL is going to have “acura link” and I would want that in the TL if its available. I also want the key fob where you don’t have to ever use it… it can be in your pocket and you can turn on the car, similar to the one also in the 05 RL – but I figure this wont be available in the TL especially because they probably wont make many changes.

Any chance of ONSTAR being available in the TL?

I have some questions about the TL also. With the memory seats, do they memorize the side view mirrors also?

What is the DVD-Audio system?

How is the handsfreelink (Bluetooth) working out for people? How is the voice quality? I have Nextel currently and they are not going to have a Bluetooth phone till the beginning of next year… but I will want that feature in the car.

If anybody knows, is the gps navi the same as in the TSX?

How often do you guys get an oil change? I remember a while ago the dealer telling me that you do not have to go for an oil change until the car tells you to… is this correct?

Are the xenon lights adaptive? Like in some of the lexus vehicles the lights actually turn with your steering wheel for when you are going around a curve. Are the high beams also xenon? In the tsx they are standard bulbs for the high beams.

Is it possible to get upgraded wheels on the TL? Are they decent?

How is the paint job on the TL? On the TSX I know a lot of people including myself had paint chips. This brings me to my next question, did anybody get the clearbra from 3m installed on their car? How much was it?

How is the gas mileage on the car?

Anything else I need to know about the car? I appreciate all your comments and feedback =).
Old 07-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No body knows what the 05 is going to have. With the release of the new RL you can probably bet your going to get very limited changes from the TL, not to drag sales away from the RL. As for DVD-Audio it is a music format so the music plays in 5.1 surround just like a home theater. As for some of the other stuff you asked about im waiting for the 05 change list to come out before i make my decision on an 04 or 05.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:22 AM
GÜNnµ ˇĎ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vikrampatel
Hey everybody…

I think I finally decided to trade my TSX for the TL. Now my only wait is to figure out if I want the 2004 or the 2005. Is it worth waiting for the 2005? What possible features will be included or new options?

For example the 2005 RL is going to have “acura link” and I would want that in the TL if its available. I also want the key fob where you don’t have to ever use it… it can be in your pocket and you can turn on the car, similar to the one also in the 05 RL – but I figure this wont be available in the TL especially because they probably wont make many changes.

I have some questions about the TL also. With the memory seats, do they memorize the side view mirrors also?

How is the handsfreelink (Bluetooth) working out for people? How is the voice quality? I have Nextel currently and they are not going to have a Bluetooth phone till the beginning of next year… but I will want that feature in the car.

How often do you guys get an oil change? I remember a while ago the dealer telling me that you do not have to go for an oil change until the car tells you to… is this correct?

Are the xenon lights adaptive? Like in some of the lexus vehicles the lights actually turn with your steering wheel for when you are going around a curve. Are the high beams also xenon? In the tsx they are standard bulbs for the high beams.

How is the paint job on the TL? On the TSX I know a lot of people including myself had paint chips. This brings me to my next question, did anybody get the clearbra from 3m installed on their car? How much was it?

Anything else I need to know about the car? I appreciate all your comments and feedback =).

ok i think the easiest thing to do is what i did when i had ALOT of questions... Go to www.acura.com choose the TL and then choose were it say request a brouchur... or sometihng liek that. they will send you EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO ANSWER ALL THESE QEUSTIONS PLUS MORE... NO SMART LIGHTS FOR THE TL.. NOT YET. NO KEYLESS FOB, NOT YET... YES HID LIGHTS ARE THE SAME LOW AND HIGH. BUILT INTO ONE.. BUT JUST GET THE BROUCHOUR......THINGY.. CANT SPELL BROUCHOU... AS YOU CAN SEE. LOL...
Old 07-09-2004, 11:48 AM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey everybody…

Su che Vikrambhia. go and answetr the desi roll call in the Ramblings.

Nobody knows about 05 as yet.

Yes it does remember the mirror, climate and seat positions.

Read the primer in the Nav DVD forum. In brief it's a DVD-Audio format with different channels for 5.1 surround. Best quality I've ever heard.

Handsfree if working great for me. I use Sonny Erricson T68i phone with T-Mobile. There is not work on NExtel, Verizon and Sprint I guess. Again read in BT DVD forum about this.

No idea since I do not know what is in TSX.

Yes the MID (Multi Info Fisplay in the dash will tell you all about maintenance.

No it is not adaptive.

Yes! You can get OEM A-Spec 18" wheels. Go to photo gallery and wheels forum to see pics.

Same as TSX. Very prone to paint chips. Lot of people including me have got the clear bra installed.

I get about 24-25 a gal for mixed driving.

Read and search the forum and you'll know everything about the car. All the best on your car hunt.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:28 AM
Suzuka Master

ontop of all that... would anybody get the 2005 RL instead of the TL because of any of these features: onstar, no key system, navi traffic information, adaptive lights, all wheel drive (i live in michigan with lots of snow) 300 horsepower? now lets keep in mind that if the TL doesnt have these features... these features are an extra $15 thousand dollars more for the 05 RL (acura says it will be hitting 50 thousand fully loaded for the 05 rl)

with the rl having the traffic updates on the navi screen... i doubt anybody knows...but does it get information from xm? i assume it is because they advertise it as 20 major cities...and xm has 20 major cities on their traffic system... so would i be able to purchase the navi dvd for the 05 rl and put it in an 04 tl???

thanks
vik
Old 07-11-2004, 12:28 AM
Suzuka Master

oh also... is there a guess as to when the 05 tl will be released? i have been told either end of august or november... thats a big gap lol

thanks