Old 03-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New batch.

[IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f[IMG]

Old 03-17-2006, 08:28 AM
Advanced

Now, I have a dilemma. I thought I was get a rear wing spoiler when I requested the Aero Kit package. When I called my dealer he said the ACURA.CA site shows it with a lip spoiler. I know this isn't the case since it's only the American site that shows any mod to the car the Canadian site doesn't.
I thought it was standard to give a wing spoiler since lip spoilers are new to the market and luxury car lines?
He also made a comment about the site saying it's a lip spoiler that comes with the package.
this is ecaxtly what the ACURA.CA site states: (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to quote anything but here goes)
ACURA.CA: "We have combined front, rear and side skirts together with rear trunk spoilers into one convenient package with a 10% discount."
Now, I know it says spoilers (plural) but wouldn't you think he'd ask me what I wanted? Instead of making the assumption or saying that's what the site told him.
He said that it cost $650.00 canadian in order to replace it and that he not sure if they can take off the lip since it might destroy the trunks paint job.
???...???... really?
Maybe I'm being too picky but I wanted the car to have a more high performance look to go with my rims.
Maybe I'll get used to it?
What do you guys think? How does the car look and which would you prefer?
Old 03-17-2006, 08:53 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
^ makaveli, welcome bro!

as for the lip spoiler, if its anything like any other lip spoiler i've seen, its held on with the same tape/adhesive that the badging is held on with. that being said, heat gun and a fishing line should work and some goo gone to take off the adhesive.

but before you do that, i think you should go back and ask them how much it would be for just the spoiler -- or find it else where if they refuse to do it for the difference in price. then buy it urself and make that ur second mod (after the shoes of course)

btw, sweet car!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Instructor

Factory lip spoilers are bolted on... fyi...

just my .02 they look 1000% better on the TL than the wing...

Good choice in colors.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Malayalee King
^ makaveli, welcome bro!

as for the lip spoiler, if its anything like any other lip spoiler i've seen, its held on with the same tape/adhesive that the badging is held on with. that being said, heat gun and a fishing line should work and some goo gone to take off the adhesive.

but before you do that, i think you should go back and ask them how much it would be for just the spoiler -- or find it else where if they refuse to do it for the difference in price. then buy it urself and make that ur second mod (after the shoes of course)

btw, sweet car!
Thanks MK,
I didn't think it would be hard to remove, especially for professionals.
Alone, the wing spoiler is gonna cost $650. Then I believe labour and all that other raychat is gonna cost more.

In other news.
I've been tryin' the NAV system mod and my computer says it can't read the DVD. It's saying the disc might be currupted or using a different format windows can't read.
!!!BILL!!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Advanced

Ok got the NAV DVD to work on my comp.
Saved by the bell this time BILL... saved by the bell.
Here's a pic of what i want my nav screen to look like.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI
Thanks MK,
I didn't think it would be hard to remove, especially for professionals.
Alone, the wing spoiler is gonna cost $650. Then I believe labour and all that other raychat is gonna cost more.

In other news.
I've been tryin' the NAV system mod and my computer says it can't read the DVD. It's saying the disc might be currupted or using a different format windows can't read.
!!!BILL!!!!

You should just keep the lip spoiler....it looks better. I think the wing is too big....but I guess its your car and if your willing to pay 650 then I guess you will do it.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Mud Man

I wasnt a fan of the wing either. The dealer thought I was crazy but the TL I wanted had the wing already on it and told him the only way I would take it is if they took the wing off. They took a black trunk of another 06 and swaped it with mine. I guess you cant just take the wing off once its mounted because of drilled holes or something. BEN
Old 03-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Advanced

I'm not really willing to put out so much money for such a small change. Funny thing is, when I was originally looking to get the TL I was dead set on having a lip spoiler cuz it was something different and with the car being a luxury car I thought it fit better. What also got me was a Mugen lip spoiler I saw on a TSX on the IGN website. The spoiler looked so clean on the car. I love Mugen they make the best mods for HONDA/ACURA.
Anyway, you guys have helped me out a bit and I think it's already growing on me. I think I jus love the car too much to care what's on it. I park it right infront of my window at work jus so i can stare at her. I'm in love .
Old 03-17-2006, 03:06 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Awesome color choice.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Advanced

Here's a pic of the Rims I'll be putting on her next friday.
Let me know what you guys think?
Old 03-19-2006, 01:09 PM
Shift Gears

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you doing 18" or 19"? They look pretty cool
Old 03-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice job man, id go with 19s
your TL would look hotter if it had the rear wing installed instead of the lip spoiler.

i wonder if tupac...err.."makavelli" drives a TL? lol
Old 03-19-2006, 06:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SIK TL
Are you doing 18" or 19"? They look pretty cool
I'm actually doing 20". I know most people are gonna say I'm crazy for going with 20ies but I really like em and I've seen one of them bolted on the car already and it looks good. The ride will be bumpy but that's how my girl likes it ( she told me to say that BTW ).
The profile is gonna be very low to match the overall width of my current tires.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TacoBellSauce
nice job man, id go with 19s
your TL would look hotter if it had the rear wing installed instead of the lip spoiler.

i wonder if tupac...err.."makavelli" drives a TL? lol
In Heaven... since everything is perfect up there I'd say yah.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 644 Likes on 285 Posts
looking good, welcome to the forums
Old 03-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Advanced

I'd like to thank everyone for such a warm welcome. That's why I've love this site since I first stumbled upon it.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Advanced

First Mod: Nav Screen Pic

Well I've finally got the Nav screen mod to work and here's a pic.

It really wasn't as hard as I thought it was gonna be.
I believe it ws Byson who came up with this mod and I'd like to thank him (where ever he may be). Thanks .