Sponsored by:

Please, let me introduce... MYSELF!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please, let me introduce... MYSELF!

Hi all!!!
I’m new to, “Acurazine”, so please bare with me as I learn the ropes on making an interesting thread. I’ve been watching this site for months now, reading some of your post and laughing some of your funny replies and cried when stories and pictures of damaged TL’s were shown. I feel like I been through it all with you guys and couldn’t wait for the day when I started posting. Of course I can’t post until I have the main ingredient: the TL. I mean, I know I can post but it’s better when I can understand where everyone is coming from.
Anyway, I do not have a TL at the moment but just got back from the dealership and ended up signing a few papers suggesting the TL is mine. Problem is this is only pending an inspection of my current car which I am trading in, my 2003 1.7 EL. Currently, the EL is at another Acura dealership getting the SRS airbag fixed, which, in itself is another story… a long ass story.
I take very good care of all my “toys” and the EL was no exception. She is my pride and joy and even though she was not as expensive as other cars at my work I got more praises from fellow workers because, in there own words, “I could always tell which EL is yours because there is no other car like it out there.” By this they mean the little things I’ve done to make my car stand out. So, I have no doubts that the deal will go through.
Unfortunately my first child will be gone soon and the second child will arrive as soon as I bring the car into the dealership. It’s like she’s all grown up and leaving my house to go out and make it on her own! Ahhhh, fatherhood, it’s never easy!

Here are a few pics of me my wifey and our baby, I call her “EVE” symbolizing the first car I’ve owned on my own. The pics are a little dated she looks different now. I haven’t taken any current pics but I think you guys get the idea.
I will update you on the situation as news arrives.

Ummmmm... I'm having trouble posting pictures. Can anyone help?
(Signs of a rookie)
Old 03-15-2006, 09:30 PM
Racer

Welcome to AZ
Old 03-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by MAKAVELI
Hi all!!!
I’m new to, “Acurazine”, so please bare with me as I learn the ropes on making an interesting thread. I’ve been watching this site for months now, reading some of your post and laughing some of your funny replies and cried when stories and pictures of damaged TL’s were shown. I feel like I been through it all with you guys and couldn’t wait for the day when I started posting. Of course I can’t post until I have the main ingredient: the TL. I mean, I know I can post but it’s better when I can understand where everyone is coming from.
Anyway, I do not have a TL at the moment but just got back from the dealership and ended up signing a few papers suggesting the TL is mine. Problem is this is only pending an inspection of my current car which I am trading in, my 2003 1.7 EL. Currently, the EL is at another Acura dealership getting the SRS airbag fixed, which, in itself is another story… a long ass story.
I take very good care of all my “toys” and the EL was no exception. She is my pride and joy and even though she was not as expensive as other cars at my work I got more praises from fellow workers because, in there own words, “I could always tell which EL is yours because there is no other car like it out there.” By this they mean the little things I’ve done to make my car stand out. So, I have no doubts that the deal will go through.
Unfortunately my first child will be gone soon and the second child will arrive as soon as I bring the car into the dealership. It’s like she’s all grown up and leaving my house to go out and make it on her own! Ahhhh, fatherhood, it’s never easy!

Here are a few pics of me my wifey and our baby, I call her “EVE” symbolizing the first car I’ve owned on my own. The pics are a little dated she looks different now. I haven’t taken any current pics but I think you guys get the idea.
I will update you on the situation as news arrives.

Ummmmm... I'm having trouble posting pictures. Can anyone help?
(Signs of a rookie)
http://www.imageshack.us/
Welcome to Acurazine!
Old 03-16-2006, 08:10 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome... I had the same feelings when I sold my 1994 Acura Integra GS-R which I had heavily modded. It was exactly what you said. I watched it leave off to be her own in this world. I even sold it myself to make sure she had a good owner.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jmbnova
Welcome... I had the same feelings when I sold my 1994 Acura Integra GS-R which I had heavily modded. It was exactly what you said. I watched it leave off to be her own in this world. I even sold it myself to make sure she had a good owner.
I did the same with my heavily modded Accord. Welcome to AZ Makaveli.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:44 AM
Way Fast Whitey

I am sorry to be so dense, but what is an 03 1.7 EL?
Old 03-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Mud Man

Originally Posted by CBR1100XX

haha, im glad someone else asked. lol I was wondering the same thing. Mercedes maybe? BEN
Old 03-16-2006, 08:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The EL is a glamorous Civic with Acura badges sold in Canada.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:59 AM
Way Fast Whitey

IC, Our Civics were 1.6 so I was a little thrown off. Well welcome Mak. I will be the first to tell you, the difference between a 1.7 Vic and a 3.2 TL will make you smile for a long time.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
1996 - 2000 Civics = D16 and B16
2001 - 2005 Civics = D17 and K20 and whatever the hybrid motor is (L series?)

The EL is a gussied up Civic. Makes sense in Canada where it is not only Honda's best selling car (as opposed to the Accord like in the US) but its also CANADA's best selling car (or was recently)

Welcome
Old 03-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Advanced

FISHYTL, ZHALVAJE
Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I appreciate the help, zhal. the pictures are too large so I have to resize them. I'm a tech savy guy and this is tickin' me off that I can't get these pics up right away. DAH WELL! In due time.

Hey, nova, I couldn't agree more. I kept telling the dealership to make sure the people who are gonna handle her next takes good care of her.
It's probably good I'm not the one doing the selling cuz I'd probably put them in a drak room and grill the hell outta them with question.

See me now: "WHAT KIND OF GAS DO YOU USE?!"
They would answer: "...premium... yah, that's it. Premium."
Me again: "DON'T GET SMART WITH ME I TASTED YOUR GAS AND THAT AIN"T PREMIUM!"
them again: "...? ... uhhh, you tasted our gas? From our gas tank? I don't think that's safe?"
Me: "Really you think so?"
them: "Yah, not safe."
Old 03-16-2006, 09:15 AM
Advanced

IC, Our Civics were 1.6 so I was a little thrown off. Well welcome Mak. I will be the first to tell you, the difference between a 1.7 Vic and a 3.2 TL will make you smile for a long time.
CBR, I think you're gonna be right cuz when i see the TL on the road I freak out. My girlfriend look at me everytime I see one and laughs too herself.

I took the TL for a test drive one day and when the NAV spoke to me I think I almost jizzed in my pants. SHE'S SO SEXY!!!
Needless to say my girlfriend knows theres competition out there now.
If you're readin' this babe, the TL's headlights are lookin might fine. And don't make me start wit her back end.
HAHA, jus playin'.
No I'm serious.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Previous Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
if you use photobucket it will resize for you automatically

welcme to the club

what color combo are you getting?

by what everyone is saying the EL being a canadian model, does that conclude that you're in Canadia?
Old 03-16-2006, 09:51 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Thorin78
if you use photobucket it will resize for you automatically

welcme to the club

what color combo are you getting?

by what everyone is saying the EL being a canadian model, does that conclude that you're in Canadia?
Thorin, I've been trying Imageshack but it won't send the registering information to my hotmail so I can set it up. It says that it's already been sent but I see nothing. I've checked my junkmail but nothings there either. I'll try photobucket.

Yep, EL is Canadian and that would conclude that I am in Canada. Toronto, Ontario.
The EL is really jus a glorified civic with an Acura badge put on it. It's got some tweeks here and there but overall it's a civic. I love the Civic but I think Acura prices their version of the Civic (EL, now CSX) too high.
The handeling on the EL was ridiculous, suspension was nice, ride was smooth and like I said even though it's basically a Civic I always got crazy compliments from people.
I'd say, yah it's jus a Civic and they'd correct me and say no it's an Acura, it's better, and in some ways they are right.
Regardless of what it is I still ove it.
You can't go wrong with a HONDA/ACURA!!
Old 03-16-2006, 10:15 AM
05 WDP/Ebony/5AT/NaviLess

Thorin, I've been trying Imageshack but it won't send the registering information to my hotmail so I can set it up. It says that it's already been sent but I see nothing. I've checked my junkmail but nothings there either. I'll try photobucket.

Yep, EL is Canadian and that would conclude that I am in Canada. Toronto, Ontario.
The EL is really jus a glorified civic with an Acura badge put on it. It's got some tweeks here and there but overall it's a civic. I love the Civic but I think Acura prices their version of the Civic (EL, now CSX) too high.
The handeling on the EL was ridiculous, suspension was nice, ride was smooth and like I said even though it's basically a Civic I always got crazy compliments from people.
I'd say, yah it's jus a Civic and they'd correct me and say no it's an Acura, it's better, and in some ways they are right.
Regardless of what it is I still ove it.
You can't go wrong with a HONDA/ACURA!!
Welcome to a fellow Torontonian!
Old 03-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Advanced

Ok guys they're ready. Jus came out of the oven and are pipin' hot! Jus' playin wit y'all. The quality ain't there but hope you like em.
Please feel free to make any comment, skies the limit! And remember these are old picks. I haven't taken any new ones.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Advanced

That didn't work. Try this.
http://photobucket.com/albums/f139/_MAKAVELI_/
Old 03-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Mud Man

CBR, I think you're gonna be right cuz when i see the TL on the road I freak out. My girlfriend look at me everytime I see one and laughs too herself.

I took the TL for a test drive one day and when the NAV spoke to me I think I almost jizzed in my pants. SHE'S SO SEXY!!!
Needless to say my girlfriend knows theres competition out there now.
If you're readin' this babe, the TL's headlights are lookin might fine. And don't make me start wit her back end.
HAHA, jus playin'.
No I'm serious.
Makaveli,

Be sure to change the Nav voice to a male as soon as possible. My girlfriend left me 2 weeks after I got my TL Because she was jealous of the female voice in my TL. Well, it was either the voice or the fact she caught me with my pants down in the back seat with our nanny. Damn women!! BEN
Old 03-16-2006, 10:57 AM
How may I help you.....?

Originally Posted by bstansbu
Makaveli,

Be sure to change the Nav voice to a male as soon as possible. My girlfriend left me 2 weeks after I got my TL Because she was jealous of the female voice in my TL. Well, it was either the voice or the fact she caught me with my pants down in the back seat with our nanny. Damn women!! BEN
OUCH... damn man that sucks.... (no pun intended)
Old 03-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bstansbu
Makaveli,

Yah man, that sucks.
I don't intend on doing that in the back seat of the TL, not wit another woman anyway. I'm more wit' my girl... we'll start on the hood and work our way in , HAHA!
Oh, by-the-way, not on the TL hood, she'll probably get jealous and open the hood wit such force we both go flyin'.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That asks us to log in. Under the acct options page, there should be soemthign to set the pictures as public.

OR

You can copy the IMG coding for it and paste it here.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Advanced

Sorry guys.
Try this. If it doesn't work I'll jus give you my password.
http://photobucket.com/albums/f139/_...t=DSC00439.jpg
If the first one don't work try this also.
http://w46.photobucket.com/widgets/d...39/_MAKAVELI_/
Old 03-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Advanced

Sorry for the wait guys.
Hope you like them.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ damn that looks good
lovin the tupac plates
Old 03-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TacoBellSauce
^^ damn that looks good
lovin the tupac plates
Thanks T.B.S.
I'm surprised you knew who the plates were dedicated to. Most people ask what my plates stand for. When I explain their reaction is more like this .
Old 03-16-2006, 06:19 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
^-your name gives it away also

people really dont know who your plates are dedicated to??
Old 03-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Advanced

Update

I GOT IT!
I GOT IT!
IT"S HERE!
Damn, it's sooooo sweet. Man, it feels like it's Christmas all over again except this is the greatest gift I've ever given myself. I'm so glad I got black cuz she looks soo sweet.
I've set up my phone to it already (my dealer helped wit that). She spoke to me also, I'm so tripy right now that I don't even remember what the Nav system said. She could have been speaking Latin for all I know.
I forgot my camera at home so i took some pics wit my phone. They are really bad and they are only of my dealership (my girl wanted me to put it away, guess she thought I was actin too much like a child )
I took a look and there's only 38 clicks on it, don't know what they did with it but DAH WELL!!
I'll post the pics as soon as I can.
Man, this is so exciting.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by subinf
^-your name gives it away also

people really dont know who your plates are dedicated to??
Believe me I get it alot. I get the odd time when people recognize who it's for. I went into a pizza shop one time and the guy at the desk jus said "Pac, right?" and said yah and he thought it was a cool plate. But some people I think who should know don't. It's messed up!
I was gonna change it when I got the TL but my girl convinced me not to. I'm glad I didn't cuz the plates look even better on the TL now.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Instructor

Nice plates , when you get a chance to take some pics lets see them.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:52 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
I GOT IT!
I GOT IT!
IT"S HERE!
Damn, it's sooooo sweet. Man, it feels like it's Christmas all over again except this is the greatest gift I've ever given myself. I'm so glad I got black cuz she looks soo sweet.
I've set up my phone to it already (my dealer helped wit that). She spoke to me also, I'm so tripy right now that I don't even remember what the Nav system said. She could have been speaking Latin for all I know.
I forgot my camera at home so i took some pics wit my phone. They are really bad and they are only of my dealership (my girl wanted me to put it away, guess she thought I was actin too much like a child )
I took a look and there's only 38 clicks on it, don't know what they did with it but DAH WELL!!
I'll post the pics as soon as I can.
Man, this is so exciting.

So since you have had your car for about twenty minutes you decided to mod it yet?
Old 03-16-2006, 07:10 PM
How may I help you.....?

CONGRATS.. enjoy the feeling... you know your car is worth it to you when you dont care about paying that first car payment!! Welcome to the family!!
Old 03-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by subinf
So since you have had your car for about twenty minutes you decided to mod it yet?
Oh yeah. There are a couple of things I've seen on this site that are really cool. I have a new mod in mind that I don't think anyone has thought of and want to share it with you guys as soon as I get it working.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:21 PM
How may I help you.....?

AEM CAI best bang for the buck.... Did you get 5AT or 6MT if you got 6MT then I will tell you to install the Comptech SHort SHifter.... Unreal the difference it makes....
Old 03-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Advanced

AEM CAI best bang for the buck.... Did you get 5AT or 6MT if you got 6MT then I will tell you to install the Comptech SHort SHifter.... Unreal the difference it makes....
I got 5AT. I'm definately gonna look into that though.
Actually, my first mod are rims.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:44 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Sorry for the wait guys.
Hope you like them.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:51 PM
How may I help you.....?

If you got Nav... hack it... its free....
Old 03-16-2006, 09:50 PM
Advanced

If you got Nav... hack it... its free....
Yah, I got NAV. Nova, do you have NAV and if so how long did it take you to hack? I guess that question can go for anyone who's hacked their NAV.
I've already read the post on how to do it and also saved it to my comp so i can always go back to it but jus want to know how you guys fared.
Old 03-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Shift Gears

R.I.P. Tupac...Welcome Makaveli
Old 03-17-2006, 07:25 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SIK TL
R.I.P. Tupac...Welcome Makaveli

Nuff respect SIK. Thanks for the welcome.

UPDATED PICS COMING!!!
Ok, good morning all. It's now 8:23am and I thought I'd get those pics I took last night out to you, they be in the post after this.
I know we've all seen these type of pics before but look at it as a before mod and after mod type thing.
ENJOY!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Advanced

I know it's dark. Wish I had a powerful camera but look hot hot she is still.

I drove it around the city for a bit jus to enjoy her so the mileage has obviously changed. I wish you guys could experience the new car smell, all over again.

More soon.