3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plan to buy 6MT with Nav...Does anyone know good dealer in Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 11:11 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Plan to buy 6MT with Nav...Does anyone know good dealer in Bay Area?

I have been requesting price quote for my future TL(6MT with Navi, black or Anthracite) through ACURA's website. However, I haven't got any response regarding specific price quote from the dealers except silly auto reply messages. If you know good dealer in SF/Bay Area please let me know. Also, can I 'order' new TL with specific options/accessories? One sales person told me that actually there is no such thing like 'ordering' and you get whatever is available from the recent shipment.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-29-2004, 11:24 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

The salesperson is pretty much correct -- the only option is the navigation unit and high performance tires (for the 6MT TLs). Everything else is installed at the dealer.

That said, I purchased my car at Stevens Creek Acura because they are a high volume dealer and is the only dealership in the Bay Area willing to offer you anything over $1000 under MSRP for a Navi car. All the other dealers wouldn't even come close to that number.

I did have a fairly good pre-sales experience at Oakland Acura so I would also recommend talking to the salespeople there (ask for John Bruno). There's a few people on this forum who have purchased from Oakland.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:26 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Shop around

Ponca,

There is no such thing as good dealers. I'd say shop around. Call each and every Acura dealer from Modesto, Fresno, Stockton, Oakland, and all in south bay and your local closest dealer. I think you can get a good deal if you did your homework right. When I bought in early Dec nobody were willing to discount anything on 6MT, Nav also inventory were zero that time. I bought mine from Sunnyvale Acura. They were good to deal with. I dealt with Cheryl Kaiser a sales manager.

All the best on your buy. You choice for 6MT Nav is the best choice.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Pro

Ponca,

You can try my car salesman Eric Hanson. He sold me my 03TL-S in May 2003. Right now he works in Pleasanton, CA at the Lexus dealer but also is qualified to sell Acuras at the store next door (Same Dealership Group) I am working with him to purchase a Lexus RX330 for my parents. Give the dealer a call and ask for him. Tell him Chester referred you. In my experience he is a straight shooter with no games being played. Tell him I referred you and he will treat you right.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:24 PM
10th Gear

Thanks for your helpful advice. Definitely I have to shop around more. So far I got one quote from a dealer and it was $35,560 for 6MT, Navi with F Mats, Wheel Locks, S Guards and Body Side Molding(Unfortunately they don't have the color I want - either black or anthracite). Do you guys think this is a good/reasonable price? For those of you who are very lucky to own 6MT with Navi already, how long did you wait to get the car you want?
Old 01-29-2004, 01:32 PM
3rd Gear

Stevens Creek Acura was willing to offer 1K off an anthracite, 6speed, no navi. But I ended up going through an auto broker who got me the same deal, but w/ high perf tires.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:45 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by POnca
Thanks for your helpful advice. .... how long did you wait to get the car you want?
I dunno if it's fair price. Though I paid it in early Dec. I went to Sunnyvale and they had one coming in. I put deposite and was called in 4 days to let me know that the car has arrived. I went there, test drove and closed the deal. It actually got one scratch while off-loading and dealer fixed it by sending it to body shop. I hard pressed them to get me discount on it but they did not budge. I got protection package thrown in except for all weather mats. Which I missed in the contract.

Hey bayarea2004? How come your location is IN?
Old 01-29-2004, 03:03 PM
10th Gear

Originally posted by bayarea2004
Stevens Creek Acura was willing to offer 1K off an anthracite, 6speed, no navi. But I ended up going through an auto broker who got me the same deal, but w/ high perf tires.
bayarea2004: I'm just curious...What kind of high performance tires did you get? I originally wanted 6Mt with summer tires(235/45R17 93W Bridgestone Potenza), but the sales person didn't recommend it especially in rainy weather and he mentioned the longevity of high perf tires are quite short compared to regular all season tires. I'm not sure we have to worry about bad weather in northern CA except the rainy season in winter time. Do you think I can replace stock tires with 245/45 without any trouble?

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by POnca
Do you think I can replace stock tires with 245/45 without any trouble?

Thanks.
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...ight=tire+size

Here ya go, boss man.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:43 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I purchased my TL at Sunnyvale, Acura and was especially pleased with my Salesperson (Paul Winslow), but he moved to Pleasanton Acura just after I got my car. I talked to him a couple weeks ago and he said that they had a black 6MT with Navi at Pleasanton. I also liked Michael Andrews at Hopkins Acura in Redwood city. I purchased at Sunnyvale because they could get the car I wanted quicker.

The 6MT comes with the High Performance tires. I wasn’t thrilled with them, but I decided that I didn’t want the stock tires because of all the vibration problems.

Good luck on getting much off of MSRP on a 6MT with Navi as the car is really hot in the Bay Area. I got the HPT for free, because I said I didn’t want them. I also got the protection pack (wheel locks, trunk tray and mud flaps) thrown in free. But I ordered mine in early Nov before the first main group of 6MT’s were built in late Nov./early Dec. (my build date was Nov. 26). You may be able to do a little better now if you can find what you want on a dealer’s lot.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:57 AM
4th Gear

Dealership/ salesperson

I have purchased a number of Acuras from Oakland Acura. Sales and service departments have been extemely professional in every aspect.

Two sales people that have been there for years and which I have personally dealt with are Robert Munoz and John Bruno.

Purchased a 2004 TL at this dealership several weeks ago and received a better deal than other dealers had offered.

My wife has her Honda serviced there as their department has demonstrated year after year to be superior to others in this area.

Enjoy your new TL...
Old 01-30-2004, 11:23 AM
10th Gear

Thanks Jime and Acett. Like I said I got one quote from a dealer and it was $35,560 for 6MT, Navi with F Mats, Wheel Locks, S Guards and Body Side Molding. I tried very hard to get more discount but they are not willing to do that. I know that 6MT with Navi is quite rare and in high demand, so I'm not sure it's worht tying to get better deal.......Anyway, I think I shoud shop around more dealers.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:39 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Re: Dealership/ salesperson

Originally posted by acett
I have purchased a number of Acuras from Oakland Acura. Sales and service departments have been extemely professional in every aspect.

Two sales people that have been there for years and which I have personally dealt with are Robert Munoz and John Bruno.

Purchased a 2004 TL at this dealership several weeks ago and received a better deal than other dealers had offered.

My wife has her Honda serviced there as their department has demonstrated year after year to be superior to others in this area.

Enjoy your new TL...
acett: this time around, who did you buy it from and what was the price you got? Any freebies?