Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ping noise when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 12:39 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ping noise when accelerating

Hey to all...I took my car to service this week for a noise I was experiencing when I accelerated. They had some lame answer that the computer doesn't catch up with the timing or something crazy like that. Here is the problem. For example, this a.m. I had just left the house and when I took off from the stop light I could hear the pinging sound going up a slight incline, then the auto shifted I heard it again until I reached a higher gear and speed. The first lasted for several seconds the second only a few. When you accelerate harder you don't hear the sound, only on slower take offs....I hope this made since...do any of you have a clue what this might be. I am calling Acura Monday..
Thanks
Old 05-01-2004, 12:50 PM
shopguy

Ive experienced pinging on accelartion when a car does not have the correct octane or bad gas. My TL is not experience this but, are you using premium gas. The TL's require this. In my business pinging usually refers to this problem of improper octane or bad gas.
Old 05-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by gary1981
Hey to all...I took my car to service this week for a noise I was experiencing when I accelerated. They had some lame answer that the computer doesn't catch up with the timing or something crazy like that. Here is the problem. For example, this a.m. I had just left the house and when I took off from the stop light I could hear the pinging sound going up a slight incline, then the auto shifted I heard it again until I reached a higher gear and speed. The first lasted for several seconds the second only a few. When you accelerate harder you don't hear the sound, only on slower take offs....I hope this made since...do any of you have a clue what this might be. I am calling Acura Monday..
Thanks
You're not taking advantage of the Acura TL Soundproofing System. As stated on page 135 of the owners manual:

"The superior sound of the TL's ELS stereo system will mask any and all interior/exterior noise. Simply increase the volume to over level 15 and the Soundproofing will envelop your vehicle in rich, stereo sound to the point where you can't even hear yourself think."

BJ
Old 05-01-2004, 01:17 PM
Cruisin'

That was good ...I have turned it up so I won't listen anymore. I have only used premium gas. I even switched to another brand and it was still the same. The sound is actually the same sound as bad gas. That was the first thing I tired. Also, if this helps it isn't as loud the warmer the engine gets.