Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked Up Car Yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 06:33 PM
ANTHRA/CAMEL/NAVI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked Up Car Yesterday

After reading the complaints on this forum for a month, im happy to say this is the best car i ever owned.So many options i don't no where to begin.Love the camel interior with Antracite Metallic.Navigation works great.My 02 tls had lots of power in 1st gear (auto) that it smoked em off the line.After a dissapointing test drive a month ago (car bogged out in 1st gear/no power) i'm also happy to say my car has lots of power (smokes em). Torque steer a little more than the 02 but not really a problem, you have to expect that in FWD.Only complaints=Acura still can't match paint (underbody kit way off=anbody else have this problem?) Parking brake should have stayed under dashboard.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the club!

For each complaint on this board, there are many unwritten compliments about the great value we all have received by purchasing a TL.

After 1 month and 900 miles, I am ecstatic about driving the TL. I can't wait each day to find an excuse to take it somewhere. Need to mail a letter? I'll take it! Need half a gallon of milk at 11pm and I'm tired? No problem, I'll take the TL.

My minor complaints:
- Yes, I agree, they should do a better job of matching the underbody spoilers to the car. My Anthracite is slightly off (underbody color is a little darker).
- Two intermittent, minor rattles, one covered by tech bulletin (sunroof wind deflector replacement) and one in the passenger door (can't narrow it down more than that yet). Both will be easily correctly at my first service visit

My compliments:
- Real well designed cockpit (instrument panel, navi, buttons, etc.)
- Excellent balance between family sedan and sports car
- HandsFree phone interface is perfect
- Comfortable seats
- More features than I'll ever use, but seem to keep the car always new and fresh
Old 03-26-2005, 10:57 PM
ANTHRA/CAMEL/NAVI

My underbody kit is darker also.Same crap as my 02.You list interior blue LEDs isn't that stock?
Old 03-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I upgraded the front door, front dome and rear ceiling lights to Blue LEDs.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
dlm1213

Originally Posted by TerminaderTL
Welcome to the club!

For each complaint on this board, there are many unwritten compliments about the great value we all have received by purchasing a TL.

After 1 month and 900 miles, I am ecstatic about driving the TL. I can't wait each day to find an excuse to take it somewhere. Need to mail a letter? I'll take it! Need half a gallon of milk at 11pm and I'm tired? No problem, I'll take the TL.

My minor complaints:
- Yes, I agree, they should do a better job of matching the underbody spoilers to the car. My Anthracite is slightly off (underbody color is a little darker).
- Two intermittent, minor rattles, one covered by tech bulletin (sunroof wind deflector replacement) and one in the passenger door (can't narrow it down more than that yet). Both will be easily correctly at my first service visit

My compliments:
- Real well designed cockpit (instrument panel, navi, buttons, etc.)
- Excellent balance between family sedan and sports car
- HandsFree phone interface is perfect
- Comfortable seats
- More features than I'll ever use, but seem to keep the car always new and fresh

I've had mine for 4 weeks and I have a little over 700 miles. I agree, any excuse to get out and drive it! No problems so far!
Old 03-27-2005, 01:39 PM
ANTHRA/CAMEL/NAVI

My Pics

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-27-2005, 01:55 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i also dont like the placement of the parking brake. i end up hittin my friends legs when i reach for it.

itd be a good excuse to hit on a girl and 'accidentally' brush up on her leg.... but im married so i have no use for that move....
Old 03-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Advanced

Congradulations, you are going to sooooo love this car.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:19 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,127 Likes on 2,564 Posts
Congrats on your new TL. I also fretted for a couple months over the quality issues before taking the plunge.

I don't know for sure but my guess on the parking brake hand lever versus the foot pedal was the clutch pedal for the manual transmission. Having three pedals takes up a fair amount of room down in the footwell so maybe the lawyers at Honda/Acura didn't want to deal with potential lawsuits with people depolying the parking brake while shifting.

I have driven a old Ford F150 with a manual transmission and it had a foot parking brake so auto companies have done them before. Actually I think the parking handbrake looks cool and adds style to the interior. Wonder if the C-class (that has a manual option) has a parking brake foot pedal?
Old 03-28-2005, 11:41 PM
302.7 WHP 251.3 Torque

Hello GASNET:

Enjoy the car.. I just drove to LAS tonight after my 15K service.. The ride is WONDERFUL..

Tim
Old 03-29-2005, 07:02 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well it is all relative... so what did you own before? That is the question ...
Old 03-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ayethetiense
i also dont like the placement of the parking brake. i end up hittin my friends legs when i reach for it.

itd be a good excuse to hit on a girl and 'accidentally' brush up on her leg.... but im married so i have no use for that move....
Hahahaha! There must have been an inside joke at Acura about that problematic or intentional design. It's great for those of us who are single .

But seriously, I much prefer to have the parking brake near the center console than below the dash. It improves leg room and is just easier to apply on hills. That's just my 2 .

dsc888
Old 03-29-2005, 01:17 PM
I slow down for COPS

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Legend2TL]I also fretted for a couple months over the quality issues before taking the plunge.QUOTE]

Seems like most of you guys do a lot of research.

In my line of work, I drive a lot of cars. I was searching for the perfect 530i for few months. Woke up one day after X-mas, and thought about customer's TL I drove before Thanksgiving and loved it. After all the time I wasted on finding a used 530i, I went to an Acura dealer I work with and drove out in a new TL. Then, I found this website and did the research.

I have over 2k miles on my TL and I love it.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:30 PM
ANTHRA/CAMEL/NAVI

Originally Posted by mickey3c
Well it is all relative... so what did you own before? That is the question ...
My last car was a 02 TLS
Old 03-29-2005, 07:51 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
I don't know for sure but my guess on the parking brake hand lever versus the foot pedal was the clutch pedal for the manual transmission. Having three pedals takes up a fair amount of room down in the footwell
I don't think so. Underdash parking brake was always considered to be a "grandpa option", real parking brake lever for real machos (like us ;-) is supposed to be where it finally is: under your right arm - that is how you make the tail twist.

Not like I'm stupid enough to do that kind of thing on public roads, but I won't buy a car with one of those stupid reminders of retirement homes.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:15 PM
ANTHRA/CAMEL/NAVI

The new trend is the electronic park brake (just a button).That must be for people in the grave.Its a (parking) brake and it should be out of sight.Label your brake (tailtwist)