3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People stop you to praise about your tl?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 07:19 AM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
TREW - ok, you can stop worrying, I'm here. Sorry I missed all your posts about me on the first page. HONESTLY I thought this was the last thread YOU would be posting in! Read the title and get out of here!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:33 AM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Occasionally I'll catch people staring or get a "nice car" comment but there are way too many nice cars in this part of Charlotte so it really doesn't stand out :P
Old 04-15-2009, 07:49 AM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Steven Bell

Buddy, with that RonJon kit and sound system...EVERYONE has to compliment your car.....even CarrieLynn. By the way, what's the deal with that anyway???
Ok, so I guess I need to explain myself here. Trew started this joke war with me and I WILL see that victory is mine! I am glad everyone sees the nonsense I am posting about Trew and his lame car, that just proves I am ahead hahaha. Furthermore I find it soooooooo funny that some people who don't know me very well actually believe some of the things I post about your car!

Originally Posted by Trew
Thanks Steven... I posted in red to indicate sarcasm. As for CarrieLynn, I dunno... I think she's secretly in love with me
And Trew did you see my latest posts about your leopard print seat covers and the disco ball in your car? That shit is SEXY!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool R U done now?

OK, here is a different one for your reading pleasure.

I was sitt'n by lake Calhoun, in Minneapolis. On Monday. Just chill'n, you know seat way down. I could barely see over the wheel. Sub's is just a thump'n. Back windows open a crack, sun roof wide open. When I hear voices, yes voices!

I look around, well here is two old men (upper 70's or lower 80's) scope'n out the TL. from across the street on the walking trail! Slid back in to my chill mode. But they keep on talking. I here em say stuff like shinny, like the rims,etc. Well you guessed it, the next thing I know there are standing in from of the TL. Still talking away. But wait! One of them is totally blind! Yup, white cain caring blind!! I hear the sighted one say "It's a BMW" So I opened my window and told him what it was. Now that took 3 or 4 times! But I think he got it. I really don't know how long they stood there. But, this was the 1st time the TL have ever been admired by a BLIND person! Wow! I have had many many people comment about the TL. But this was a first! Just had to share with yaull.....
Old 04-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
besides the compliments, i think the thing that stands out the most is people's reactions when I tell them its a 2004. for some reason everyone thinks my car is like one year old or brand new. Do you guys get the same?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Man of God.....

Cool

Oh, man come on! Not one comment about my story? Come on......
Old 04-15-2009, 10:51 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
Originally Posted by Spiritman
Oh, man come on! Not one comment about my story? Come on......
don't be an attn monger.. that is pretty funny.. It's a ACURA TL!.. "what?!".. You're lucky the guy didn't use his walking stick to tap the body..

The guy could have had cataracts.. and had some visibility.. I would have taken them for a ride.. I take my girlfriends dad for a ride as he likes riding with me.. lol.. Then me mentioned to my father.. yeah I like riding with your son.. Vroom... going through red lights.. sharp turns.. (I thought I was driving conservatively)
Old 04-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Man of God.....

Cool

Originally Posted by Majofo
don't be an attn monger.. that is pretty funny.. It's a ACURA TL!.. "what?!".. You're lucky the guy didn't use his walking stick to tap the body..

The guy could have had cataracts.. and had some visibility.. I would have taken them for a ride.. I take my girlfriends dad for a ride as he likes riding with me.. lol.. Then me mentioned to my father.. yeah I like riding with your son.. Vroom... going through red lights.. sharp turns.. (I thought I was driving conservatively)
Yes, I was just kidding. But it's hard to tell in the email..... I just thought it was funny. You are right. I should have offered a ride! Oh well, there is allways next time. Right?
Old 04-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
Yes, I was just kidding. But it's hard to tell in the email..... I just thought it was funny. You are right. I should have offered a ride! Oh well, there is allways next time. Right?
yeah I know.. lol.. there's always a next time.. whether it be some cool old dudes or a fine lady..
Old 04-15-2009, 11:33 AM
[T]he [L]egacy

haha i got a compliment from this girl i knew she said my car was so much nicer than my brothers benz c300 (2008) then i pulled up at the gas station i notice this guy checkin out my car and then i walked back out he came up to me and was like nice ride. i want want then he started talking about the Ron Jon body kit. i was suprised he knew about it cause i mean i live in colorado no one rocks TL-S my age i guess haha and knows about ron jon
Old 04-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
faiz, u sure it wasn't a dude with girly handwriting? Afterall, you + your car do attract a lot of attention from boiz 2 men.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:54 PM
King of NYC

Received 217 Likes on 154 Posts
I get compliments every other day from someone. Gas station usually or red lights. It's happened too many times. Most of the punky lookin kids give me a "hater stare" but most people say something nice. What REALLY surprises me is that MANY older men (65+) seem to LOVE my car and will have a conversation with me about this and that. At first I wondered why....my car doesn't look like an old man's car does it? Then I realized it is because it is tastefully done and so it appeals to all age groups. They say they honestly wish they could drive a car like mine and not be laughed at. I tell them they should do what they want and not think that they have to drive a Buick or Lincoln because people expect them to.

But definitely the best compliments come from the women of course. Girls love this car!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
Based on this thread..if you live in west bubble f*ck...your TL gets praised...

If you live in urban heavily populated areas such as Cali or NY... well... TL it's another sooped up honda on the road

I'm driving today to work...left lane Bentley Continental, right CLS63 Brabus... yes..people are turning heads just to see me, lol!
Old 04-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Originally Posted by rockyfeller
But definitely the best compliments come from the women of course. Girls love this car!
Buddy, the friend of mine who originally turned me on to Acura TL's said the same thing. He said, "chick really dig this car". But now he's getting married to a girl with 3 young girls.....yikes !!! I say that because his some graduates college this year. And his daughter is a senior in high school next year. He was almost done raising kids, but not anymore........

2009 Kansas City All Acura Meet-May 17th
https://acurazine.com/forums/midwest-312/kansas-city-2009-spring-all-acura-meet-may-17th-12pm-%40-jay-wolfe-acura-714994/
Old 04-15-2009, 02:01 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

OK, here is a different one for your reading pleasure.

I was sitt'n by lake Calhoun, in Minneapolis. On Monday. Just chill'n, you know seat way down. I could barely see over the wheel. Sub's is just a thump'n. Back windows open a crack, sun roof wide open. When I hear voices, yes voices!

I look around, well here is two old men (upper 70's or lower 80's) scope'n out the TL. from across the street on the walking trail! Slid back in to my chill mode. But they keep on talking. I here em say stuff like shinny, like the rims,etc. Well you guessed it, the next thing I know there are standing in from of the TL. Still talking away. But wait! One of them is totally blind! Yup, white cain caring blind!! I hear the sighted one say "It's a BMW" So I opened my window and told him what it was. Now that took 3 or 4 times! But I think he got it. I really don't know how long they stood there. But, this was the 1st time the TL have ever been admired by a BLIND person! Wow! I have had many many people comment about the TL. But this was a first! Just had to share with yaull.....

lmaoooo... you shoulda let him drive it lol
Old 04-15-2009, 03:27 PM
6th Gear

ive only had my type-s for a few months (had a granada black/ebony Legend coupe beforehand)... it always amazed me how many comments my 14 year-old legend got, until i started driving around the S... it's taking some getting used to lol
Old 04-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Night and Day

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
The bizarre thing is, I get more attention in the TL than I do in the Supra.. I've gotten a handful of compliments in the TL in the past few months and it is 90% de badged (save for the rear (A) emblem) so everyone is always asking what it is. There are a fair share of TL's in my area too so its a little ?? but I don't deny that it feels good to get my car noticed.

And as a few have mentioned, going to a dealership draws a lot of attention from the sales team. It's funny.

-j.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Instructor

well again today i was at the gas station and and as i was walking in to pay someone said oh nice looking car so i say thanks...the cashier said the funniest thing though. you know when you walk in to pay and you forget the pump number? so i go oh crap that one there and he goes "the black bmw?" lmao. i go know the black acura and he goes oh sorry. thats like the second time someone said my cars a bmw.. why does that happen? they dont even look alike.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Racer

cashier at wendys drive thru thought my car was "HOT". I personally think TYPE S stands out alot more than the base TL. Even in NY, Type S is hard to find. You see base TL left and right but type s, rarely. I went to a tire shop and a customer at the shop was asking me how fast the car is. He said the quad exhaust makes the car look super fast. He was probably thinking of BMW M class and Benz AMG series. Type S does look quick. Would have been nice if type s was faster than how it is right now.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Instructor

I get compliments! and it feels great because Ive just upgraded from well...a Ford Windstar (my beater). A treat my TL like its my baby and after a good wash it certainly attracts peoples attention. (NBP)
Old 05-25-2009, 05:47 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
haha here is my funny story.
my car is debagde all the emblems even the (A)
got pull over for fix it tickket no front plate, cop walk around my car and ask me some silly questions. Nice car what type of car is it? and what year is it?.so i told him 04 acura.
the funniest thing is when i get home take a look at the ticket ,and he wrote 04 ACURA RSX.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:05 AM
Full A-Spec 08 CBP TL-S

I remeber walking out of starbucks and getting into my car and this older gentleman gets out of his car and walks to my windows, im like WTF, i roll my window down and he's like "nice ride man".
Old 05-25-2009, 08:15 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My wife drove the TL to work and I was outside walking the dog when I saw this car come around the corner. Before I realized it was a TL (for a split second) I thought that has to be one of the best cars I have seen. Then I realized it was mine.

I still turn my head when I pass other 3G TL's. And like previous comments I would be surprised if the 4G was getting as much attention (positive attention that is) as our 5 year old cars.

Oh, and I get complements about once a month or more.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
either at drive up windows at fast food places or at gas stations. they ask what year, i tell them 05 and they say it looks like an 09. they don't have any idea about the 4g
Old 05-25-2009, 10:17 AM
2008 tl-s sleeping in

I personally never get looks, or comments except one time when i was filling up the guy almost put in regular and i yelled at him, he was like why are you yelling and looks over at my car and said O NEVERMIND, SORRY ABOUT THAT, i think that was a compliment? But on the other hand my mother took the car to work for about a week and everyday she said that people were telling her about how nice the car looks, my mom just smiles she barely speaks any english. I think whose driving the car has something to do with it.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:39 AM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
i was called a "ricer" not so long ago lawll, had a little road rage with some redneck in his ford pickup
Old 05-25-2009, 10:44 AM
some like it stock

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Absolutely right, but don't ask the 4G guys about that. They'll tell you our 3G's look old and outdated now....what a line of crap!!!
they're just jealous because there is no way to adequately describe the ugliness of the 4G.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Man of God.....

Cool

Originally Posted by voigt
My wife drove the TL to work and I was outside walking the dog when I saw this car come around the corner. Before I realized it was a TL (for a split second) I thought that has to be one of the best cars I have seen. Then I realized it was mine.

I still turn my head when I pass other 3G TL's. And like previous comments I would be surprised if the 4G was getting as much attention (positive attention that is) as our 5 year old cars.

Oh, and I get complements about once a month or more.
Man, Thats great!! I love your story. There must be more out their. Come on in the waters fine!!! More please!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:26 AM
'06 TL 5AT NAV Anthracite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I get it sometimes too. My car is pretty close to bone stock, but it's always clean and waxed regularly, so I guess that helps it stand out a bit. My guess is that since everyone has seen a 3G, it may not get as much attention. When people ride in my car, they always compliment it. They also like the sound system, NAV and Bluetooth.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
hm...i thought i posted previously? guess not...
i had some kid yell out "i love your car" while i was merging into a lane...scared the sh#@ outta me!

it's all fun n games until they ask how old i am though -_- i just lie and say i'm 25 jackasses...lol
Old 05-26-2009, 05:30 PM
some like it stock

Man, Thats great!! I love your story. There must be more out their. Come on in the waters fine!!! More please!
was with some friends about a month or two ago, after i'd just gotten my TL and not all of them knew i had it. as we were leaving, i'm walking to my car and this hot blonde chick just yells out "i LOVE your car!" it was great
Old 05-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
I hope you got her name and phone number.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:06 PM
some like it stock

i'd met her already actually but that was pre-TL... so this time she was paying attention
Old 05-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Racer

TL will get you laid.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
I took the kids out for ice cream the other evening. We were walking back to the car and there were a few teenagers hanging around on the sidewalk. I unlocked the doors (turning on the blue LEDs inside) and all 3 of them were like, "Wow! Check that out!" One of them complimented me saying he really liked the look.
The guy that cuts my lawn actually knocked on the door and brought me outside to show him the car right after I bought it. I showed it off to him for about 15 minutes, all the time listening to him say how nice it is.
There are a TON of 3G TLs on the road which I am noticing a lot more lately. I'm looking for mods that will set it apart from all the others on the road---roof spoiler, blacked out headlights, de-badge, etc, but I'm just getting started.
Keep it washed and waxed and people WILL notice.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,239 Likes on 703 Posts
At a local import meet here, we usually have people either go to spectators or into the show. We were running out of room (or "supposedly"), and I parked in the spectators & went to listen to folks complain at the gate. When my buddy brought up that I had a Type-S, they immediately asked why the hell was I in spectator parking.

Needless to say, I got told I could go in and find a spot. Got a few more compliments on it that night.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 167 Likes on 140 Posts
^
I get to have the best of both worlds..lol My 2000 Audi S4 is an enjoyment to drive. Handles on road much much better than the TL. I'm assuming since the car weights around 4200lbs, I suspect thats why it handles great. Of course the quattro & turbo help out.

One thing I notice with the TL is once im on the road the car feels so much lighter. Im afraid if I punch it a gust of wind might flip my car over.
I get that feeling too with my sisters 09 TSX. I guess i just have to get used to FWD again.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 216 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by lldknyll26
TL will get you laid.

if you're going to be a smartass at least use red text.

I just got a compliment on mine yesterday. Always feels good...
Old 05-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 167 Likes on 140 Posts
but no compliments as of yet.
Guess since TL's are common here in NY.

I do get the attention of cops though since they cant see through my tints.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Pro

NY, I have an Redondo Red TL 04 6sp and people stall when they hear the pipes and intake espially, on a nice day , just about every block people are looking and sometimes even saying, nice car, look at them wheels, yo he has pipes. I love when i get comments. Somethimes other drivers look and stare, either the wheels or just what car is passing by with loud pipes lol. And if i get the A-spec

Acura did a well job on this car, Honda all day baby lol

Quick Reply: People stop you to praise about your tl?