3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Side Seat Warmer doesn't work!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 03:47 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger Side Seat Warmer doesn't work!

My passenger side seat warmer takes FOREVER to heat up and barely works. If I turn both driver and passenger side on "Hi" at the same time, by the time the driver's side is nice and toasty on my butt and lower back, the passenger side is still cold and I feel like a tiny patch of heat, the size of a quarter, coming from the main part where the butt rests. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Also, is the passenger side supposed to warm the lower back just like the driver's side?
Old 11-15-2004, 03:50 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, the passenger seat only has heaters in the buttocks area because of sensors for the active airbag system.

But your seat warmer is definitely acting strangely. Not normal. Take your baby to the dealership!
Old 11-15-2004, 07:10 PM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My understanding of the way they work is that there must be weight on teh seat before the heaters work, so warming them up beforehand probably won't work...at least is doesn't on my car. That may be precisely why your pass. side doesn't feel warm, and it's correct that only the seat bootm heats on the pass. side.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by fast-tl
My understanding of the way they work is that there must be weight on teh seat before the heaters work, so warming them up beforehand probably won't work...at least is doesn't on my car. That may be precisely why your pass. side doesn't feel warm, and it's correct that only the seat bootm heats on the pass. side.
Really?!
Old 11-15-2004, 08:38 PM
"HMS Ruby"

It would make sense that the weight sensor would also 'talk' to the seat heater and that the seat wouldn't heat if nobody was there. Don't know for sure though.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:17 PM
Instructor

Yeah, you have to have weight on the seat for the seat warmer to work, it is like this in my CL Type S as well.

Old 11-15-2004, 11:41 PM
Racer

i never knew that. good to know.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:06 AM
Intermediate

My passenger side seat heater is also busted. I've been meaning to bring it in and get it looked at. It did work at one time, but now my passengers always comment that the seat isn't getting warm. Mine still works though, so I'm not in a big rush to get to the dealer.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:27 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
My seat heaters work. The biggest complaint I have is that the switches are too easy to turn on by accident because of their placement and minimal effort required to flip them, something I've done many times.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Team Anthracite Member

R U sure? Is this true for the '02 TL's as well? I will have to check. I would swear my wife sets it to on for me sometimes before I get in (what a good woman), but maybe the joke is on me and it ain't warm at all?!...hmmmm...gonna call her bluff tonight.

Originally Posted by Oil Fighter
Yeah, you have to have weight on the seat for the seat warmer to work, it is like this in my CL Type S as well.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Team Anthracite Member

The heater in my '04 is like a flame thrower.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:30 AM
JT3
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
How "nice and toasty" does your drivers side heater get? On high, mine barely get warm. Don't get me wrong... I can feel them... sometimes, but it seems like they turn on and off (which makes sense... to regulate the temperature), and just when they get to the point where you can feel the warmth, they turn off again.

In comparison, my wife has a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, and HER seats get TOASTY, sitting in front of a roaring fire in the fireplace, warm. Are my seats defective, or is this normal?
Old 11-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Advanced

Really? I don't know, I've had people sit in the passenger side and the seat doesn't get all that warm. It's definately warmer than it is now, but not by a long shot.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:58 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JT3
How "nice and toasty" does your drivers side heater get? On high, mine barely get warm. Don't get me wrong... I can feel them... sometimes, but it seems like they turn on and off (which makes sense... to regulate the temperature), and just when they get to the point where you can feel the warmth, they turn off again.

In comparison, my wife has a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, and HER seats get TOASTY, sitting in front of a roaring fire in the fireplace, warm. Are my seats defective, or is this normal?
On high, my driver's side gets nice and toasty. Sometimes I have to turn it to Lo because it gets so hot.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:10 AM
I Want CD Text for 35k

and dont forget...

when you leave the seat warmers on high, they do not stay on high consistently. once they warm up they will toggle on and off.

acura recommends you put the seat warmers on high and then once they are warm, switch them to low.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:39 AM
Team Nighthawk Director

Some information i didn't know. THANKS!
Old 11-16-2004, 09:56 AM
Team Anthracite Member

On High, mine is almost uncomfortable...I leave it on High for a very short time - heats up fast and hot.

Maybe you should get it checked out.

Originally Posted by JT3

Old 11-16-2004, 10:01 AM
VTEC HoooA

Originally Posted by JT3

Mine is the same as well! It switches off just as I am able to feel the heat, then takes awhile to cycle back on again. Not very warm at all considering it is only 60 outside I was expecting the seats to get much warmer!!.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:31 AM
registered !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree. I have many a times warmed the passenger seat with someone on it just for kicks. Once i jus pressed the heat button and felt the seat, and it wasnt as warm (w/o anyone on it).
Old 11-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Advanced

I've been leaving my passenger seat heater on now all the time to see if it'll ever work. As soon as I talked to the service manager at my dealer, that night the whole passenger seat was warm, but not toasty like the driver's side and no ones been in the passenger seat the past couple days. Now it's warm all over all the time, but I wonder if they'll do something since it's not that hot at all.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:49 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DMZ
My seat heaters work. The biggest complaint I have is that the switches are too easy to turn on by accident because of their placement and minimal effort required to flip them, something I've done many times.
PEEEELEASE! Are you suggesting Acura engineers move the switches out of reach so the switches aren't activated by accident??? There is no question when the switch is activated IMHO.