Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger air bag...and other questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Passenger air bag...and other questions

I did a search and came up with nada so I figured I ask all the TL guru's here. I have a new 2008 T-S since end of september. When I got the car there were some issues with it ranging from not being prepped properly (dirty mostly) to random things being defective or damaged (front chrome grill looks like it is bulging, back seat had huge stain, rims are scratched, etc.) I am finally bring it in this saturday and leaving it and getting a loaner car so they can work it all out once and for all. I already mentioned few things to them to check but one thing I am still unsure of and that is the passenger air bag. I had a galant before this and it had a passenger airbag and how it worked was if the passenger seat was empty the light would light up "passenger air bag off" and if someone was in the seat the light would go out. In the TL the light lights up for like a minute when I first turn the car on then always stays off. Is this how it is supposed to function?

I am also having an issue with both side view mirrors. What was happening is when I would go to the car and disarm it whichever mirror I had the inside selector switch set to that mirror would move down all the way until it hit the bottom and keep trying to go down until it would stop on it's own. That seems to have stopped for the most part but now the driver side mirror seems to be moving out of place. I adjust the mirror when I get in the car then I go somewhere, park, fold the mirror in and when I get back later and unfold it and start up the mirror seems to have moved so I have to readjust it. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks for any help and sorry it is long but it needed explanation first.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if u leave the mirror selection switch on a side instead of in the middle when you put it in reverse the mirror moves downward. the airbag light does come on and once the car is started its supposed to go off.....if anything else is wrong wiht the mirrors like they slide outta place or something then its broke...but they also move with the memory seats so if they are set a specific way and the memory button isnt programmed to the way they currently are itll move out of position when u disarm the alarm
Old 03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
^^^ Agree with Trip. Make sure after you set the mirrors where you want them, program them into your memory, either 1 or 2, which ever key your using. Just press the memory button on your drivers door and then the number. You should hear it beep twice to let you know it took. You can always test it by changing the mirrors postion, lock and then unlock the car to see if it moves back to the memory position. Good luck!
Old 03-05-2009, 03:24 PM
HOME SWEET HOME....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
theres actually a thread on the mirrors so if what they said doesnt work do a quick search n check it out.... as for the airbag light, its supposed to be off, theres an explanation for it in the owners manual on y it lights up and how if its off, ur good to go, its when its lit up while driving is when u have somethin to worry about
Old 08-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having the same issue when the passenger airbag light shows off when I start the car and no one is in the seat. However when someone is sitting in the passenger's seat 140+LBS, the same thing happens. When i turn the key, it'll display "off" then it goes off. Could it be the weight sensor?