Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Park Ave Acura Stinks!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 10:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Park Ave Acura Stinks!

First off they chipped one of my rims and denied that they did it. then they forgot to put my wheel lcok key back in my glove compartment and I live like 45 min. away o I said to fedex it overnight to me cause I wanted to put my rims on. It never showed up at my door. Then I called today to see what is going on, he told me that it wa shipped and it never was. What happened if I got a flat. i would have to call roadside assistance and that is a pain in the a_ _ . to me this is nothing but an incovenience and know i have to go and get it my self if i want it by the weekend. I will never bring my car back there again and to be honest there service managers( not mentioning any names) didnt seem to care that they screwed up.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think its been mentioned that park ave acura service dept is no good. sorry to hear about your experience but if you do a search there was a list of acura dealers that got good grades for service. maybe you might want to consider going there instead.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:36 AM
Burning Brakes

sorry to hear your bad experience with PA Acura Service. i've had a pretty good service from them so far.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Shift_faster

I got my kit installed by them. I'm getting my sway bar installed by them tomorrow. I did not have any problems. It's actually the first time I heard something bad about them...

Either way, g'luck dealing with them.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:49 AM
O.G.

For all you new guys, PAA have been very very good to all of us 2nd generation TL owners. Sometimes people screw up but don't make it seem like it is bad overall. It is a lot better than most of the dealers out there. I have been going there for years now with no problems whatsoever.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Burning Brakes

I dont know maybe it is just me but I am really not happy and i dont think I will return to there service dept.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by caball88
i think its been mentioned that park ave acura service dept is no good. sorry to hear about your experience but if you do a search there was a list of acura dealers that got good grades for service. maybe you might want to consider going there instead.
In all fairness to PAA, they probably have the greatest reputation among Acura dealers. Do a search on CL.com and you will see what I mean. Recently a member of the Cl forum didn't have the greatest experience there either but for the most part, experiences have been positive. Speak with the service manager and explain your situation. They are usually very receptive. The only thing negative I can now think of is how one of their technicians, Jens, doesn't want to install performance modifications anymore. I'm sure, Jens too has personal reasons for that as well. They are one of the few dealerships that are mod friendly.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NJTypeS
In all fairness to PAA, they probably have the greatest reputation among Acura dealers. Do a search on CL.com and you will see what I mean. Recently a member of the Cl forum didn't have the greatest experience there either but for the most part, experiences have been positive. Speak with the service manager and explain your situation. They are usually very receptive. The only thing negative I can now think of is how one of their technicians, Jens, doesn't want to install performance modifications anymore. I'm sure, Jens too has personal reasons for that as well. They are one of the few dealerships that are mod friendly.
I dont know. mostly who I dealt with was the service managers and they really didnt seem to care to much about me or my car cause he tried to tell me that it was impossible for them to have chipped my rim. Normally I wouldnt make such a big deal but when you try and blame something on me that i havent touched cause i just got the car, that doesnt make me happy
Old 08-26-2004, 02:20 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Park Ave was one of over ½ a dozen dealers I went into while I was shopping. The salesmen there were one of the biggest bunch of old fuddyduddies I've ever enountered, and something about the place seemed about as male chauvinistic as you can get. No one offered to help despite at least 2 of them obviously weren't doing anything. The one salesman I was able to ask a question of had an attitude when I politely asked him what kind of price off MSRP was for a 6MT/Navi.

Big fancy shmancy show room with an NSX on display.....big f'kn deal!

They can
Old 08-26-2004, 02:25 PM
Instructor

Theres NO NSX in the Show Room you sure it was PArk Avenue??????
Old 08-26-2004, 02:40 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by geminis2
Theres NO NSX in the Show Room you sure it was PArk Avenue??????
This was back in January.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:24 PM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
I bought both my TLs at Park Ave and I have to say they have been great to me and many other members on these forums. I'm surprised to hear such a bad experience.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NJTypeS
this is my first acura that i have ever owned and this is the only TL forum that i frequent when i was researching about the car. but when i was reading up on threads at the time a couple of people mentioned poor experiences with them. i have not ever visited the CL forum because i was never interested in that car. if park ave acura does provide good service then i'll retract my statement. but like i said i think someone posted previously a list of dealer ratings.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by blktl1
I dont know. mostly who I dealt with was the service managers and they really didnt seem to care to much about me or my car cause he tried to tell me that it was impossible for them to have chipped my rim. Normally I wouldnt make such a big deal but when you try and blame something on me that i havent touched cause i just got the car, that doesnt make me happy

i'm not sure who you dealt with at the dealership (service managers?), i believe wayne gruen is the only service manager at that dealership. I have been there numerous times and have had great experiences with them. anyway hope all works out well
Old 08-29-2004, 09:39 PM
10th Gear

You are not alone

I have had similar unacceptable experiences with Acura dealers, service, and Acura customer service. Please read the thread titled "Look out ahead".