Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pairing Second Phone

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Team SSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pairing Second Phone

Has anyone paired a second or third phone to the HFL???? I didn't have any problems pairing the first phone but have had bad luck with the second.. Do you need a different code for the second phone?? A call to Johnson Controls and they weren't sure either. Wayne said the system has only been out six weeks so they are still learning as well. I have two of the SE T616 phones and of course the wife's phone works but mine does not!!! I have even tried deleting the phones and re-pairing both. Both phones are recognized by the HFL but when I try to connect mine I get "Bluetooth connection failed" I'm not sure but it's possible it's my phone....

Anyone?

Bueller?
Old 11-24-2003, 07:10 PM
Burning Brakes

i read the system is supposed to be able to pair up to 8 phones
Old 11-24-2003, 07:23 PM
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Stupid question.

If you pair the phones in order.
Phone1, phone2, phone3.

Which phone works when you press the dial button.

If it is phone1, what happens if you turn phone1 OFF and have phone2 available and on. Try turning the car off and on between tests.

I don't have my TL yet, but I do have a bluetooth phone with both a headset and a car kit; it can be a bit of a pain sometimes.

Good luck.

-=Nick=-
Old 11-24-2003, 07:33 PM
Team SSM

Originally posted by nickpoore
"Stupid question".

If you pair the phones in order.
Phone1, phone2, phone3.

Which phone works when you press the dial button.

If it is phone1, what happens if you turn phone1 OFF and have phone2 available and on. Try turning the car off and on between tests.

I don't have my TL yet, but I do have a bluetooth phone with both a headset and a car kit; "it can be a bit of a pain sometimes".

Good luck.

-=Nick=-
Thanks Einstein.

First you say "stupid question" and then finish your reply with and I quote "it can be a bit of a pain sometimes". At least wait till you get the car and have problems pairing your phones.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:38 PM
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Didn't mean to offend...

However, I do know that when my phone is paired with two headset/handsfree devices it can get annoying as to which one is used first.

Yeah, I could have phrased it better, but you still didn't answer my questions.

Which phone does work; the first one paired or the last?

If you turn off the phone that does work, and re-start the car, do any of the other paired phones work.

The reason that I ask these questions is it was this kind of troubleshooting that let me figure out how my bluetooth stuff worked.

Also, I did not type "it can be a bit of a pain sometimes" - I think that the forum software changed what I typed.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:46 PM
Cruisin'

NEXT PHONE command

I tried pairing 2 phones and it worked for a while. the "next phone" command switches phones and announces the active phone (by the name you gave it when you set it up).

Then the system recognized neither phone. I think it gets confused when 2 bluetooth phones are active in the car at the same time. So, since it's my wife's car, I deferred and deleted my phone from the list. But, you still had to say "next phone" to activate her phone when you start the car.

Back to the drawing board, I deleted her phone too, then re-paired her phone only. Then, I turned off the bluetooth feature in my phone. Everything's been working fine since then. When I'm in her car and I want to make a handsfree call, I use her phone.

When I have some time, I'll try it again, now that I know how to return to just 1 paired phone.

Isn't technology wonderful!

vcolangelo
Old 11-24-2003, 08:58 PM
Team SSM

Thanks for the reply.. I tried the next phone command and no luck. I think my phone is bad but who knows, Johnson Controls doesn't