3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ownerslink information & R&T Review (Nov 03)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 09:05 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ownerslink information & R&T Review (Nov 03)

FYI: for those that haven't found it already, there is some great information on the "Ownerslink" portion of the Acura TL website ( http://www.acura.com/owning/owning_index.asp ). All ownership information is available including maintenance intervals and 6 great multi-minute videos on "Advanced Technology" topics (these are expanded versions of the topics on the Interactive Showroom section of the website and more focused on the technology setup routines). I was pleased to find out the timing belt/water pump doesn't need to be replaced until 105K (rather than every 60K as in some cars). This area is not limited to owners with a VIN - I accessed the site without one.

I noticed a new review on Road & Track review ( http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=1 ) although relatively short and light on driving impressions.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Instructor

Wink R&T review misquote.

The review says "any new phone numbers entered into the Bluetooth-enabled cell phone will automatically be synchronized with the car's phone book". From what I've read the handsfree link doesn't have the capability, I believe the Acura website points this out. You have to enter numbers in yourself.

I'm beginning to wonder about these folks writing these articles. Are they really paying attention to what they are doing? A Canadian review said the navi screen turned into a backup monitor in reverse... not true, unless our friends to the north are getting some goodies we don't get in the USA. I won't even elaborate on the navigation system playing DVD misquote that continues to go around.

I just goes to show we need to take what we read with a grain of salt. Heck even Acura can't get it right... ie directional signals on the mirrors....
Old 10-17-2003, 01:31 PM
Banned

Re: R&T review misquote.

Originally posted by mook
The review says "any new phone numbers entered into the Bluetooth-enabled cell phone will automatically be synchronized with the car's phone book". From what I've read the handsfree link doesn't have the capability, I believe the Acura website points this out. You have to enter numbers in yourself.

I'm beginning to wonder about these folks writing these articles. Are they really paying attention to what they are doing? A Canadian review said the navi screen turned into a backup monitor in reverse... not true, unless our friends to the north are getting some goodies we don't get in the USA. I won't even elaborate on the navigation system playing DVD misquote that continues to go around.

I just goes to show we need to take what we read with a grain of salt. Heck even Acura can't get it right... ie directional signals on the mirrors....
Yeah, in Canada we get some additinal features. Aside from the direction signals on the mirrors, backup monitor, and ability to play DVD movies in 5.1 Digital surround that you already knew about, we get all-wheel drive, 170 extra HP due to the hybrid engine technology, and 24" rims. Surprised you didn't know that.

Actually, we get less features in Canada (albeit a cheaper MSRP if you do the USD conversion). No Bluetooth unless you get the navi Package, no Navi with Dynamic package, way less colour choice for both exterior and interior, and no XM radio...
Old 10-17-2003, 02:02 PM
Instructor

Talking

NSWAGAR,

Bummer... I've never understood automobile marketing....

For example I always wanted a silver Miata with a black leather interior. For years I waited and it never happened. Finally bought a LS with tan interior and the next year Mazda offered a black leather interior. Needless to say the Miata and a CR-V will be sold soon to make way for a new TL.

Another example is Infiniti, last year they offered all the new technology goodies on the FX in one very expensive package package that cost an additional 4 grand on top of other upgrades that total over 9 grand.

Well enjoy those mirrors with the turn signals.... and don't forget to get the satellite TV option....