Sponsored by:

Outside Temp Guage & BT Phone Symbol Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 10:40 AM
aha
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Outside Temp Guage & BT Phone Symbol Not Working

After owning the car for a month, my outside temp. guage and BT phone symbol stopped functioning. I took the car to the dealer thinking the sensors had crapped out. The dealer looked at it and uploaded some software and apparantly fixed the probelm. After 3 weeks or so when I started the car this morning, the probelm reappeard. This is the 2nd. time I am going to take the car to the dealer in just under two months of purchasing the car.

Did anyone have this problem???. If so how did the dealer go about fixing this probelm.??

I was under the impression it was those German cars which have such problems.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
may be the hardware... have them change out the HFL module.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:34 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missing Outside Temp Indication

AHA - If you haven't already done so, you might check out a Thread entitled "Outside Air Temp Reading Spaces Out." This seems to becoming more of a problem as time goes on. I still haven't received any satisfaction from my dealer, but on the other hand since they kept it for a week, I haven't had anymore problems with the Temperature Indicator. I don't think it's fixed. However, I firmly believe that if you turn the car off with the Indicator showing
----F, you will soon find that your battery is dead.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pack14
AHA - If you haven't already done so, you might check out a Thread entitled "Outside Air Temp Reading Spaces Out." This seems to becoming more of a problem as time goes on. I still haven't received any satisfaction from my dealer, but on the other hand since they kept it for a week, I haven't had anymore problems with the Temperature Indicator. I don't think it's fixed. However, I firmly believe that if you turn the car off with the Indicator showing
----F, you will soon find that your battery is dead.
You may be right about the battery dying; however, my temp gage was flatlined for about three weeks without the battery even whimpering. To get things back to normal, I disconnected the negative battery terminal for four seconds and then reconnected it. The temp gage readings were restored and I didn't lose any audio presets or navi info. Worked like a charm.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A big problem looms on the horizion.

Originally Posted by aha
After owning the car for a month, my outside temp. guage and BT phone symbol stopped functioning. I took the car to the dealer thinking the sensors had crapped out. The dealer looked at it and uploaded some software and apparantly fixed the probelm. After 3 weeks or so when I started the car this morning, the probelm reappeard. This is the 2nd. time I am going to take the car to the dealer in just under two months of purchasing the car.

Did anyone have this problem???. If so how did the dealer go about fixing this probelm.??

I was under the impression it was those German cars which have such problems.
This is becoming a very common problem, search for more current threads on this issue. I have an 05 with the same problem. Called my service dept and they are replacing the entire navi system next week.

When my 05 TL 6mt navi malfunctioned I could reset the system by disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 5 seconds but beware, you might have to enter your anti theft codes into the navi and radio and redo your radio presets.
Be sure to search the forum for this problem, there is a ton of stuff written on this issue. Also be careful when you fail to get outside air temperature reading, it can cause a rapid battery drain.
Good luck and please post the info on how your car is repaired.