Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

out of the game

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 12:13 PM
-E-K-S-O-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
out of the game

I've been on this forum for a while now reading everyones posts and getting to know my 07 TL TYPE-S 6 SPEED on a more intimate level.

unfortunately i lost my job and eventually my car... thus i will be leaving the TL scene for good or until further notice.

thanks for all your information.

my new car will be 2000 Acura 3.5 RL (KA9)
so i'll be on that side of the board from now on.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
sorry to hear that. good luck.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Old 09-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
sorry man...job comes and goes....
don't worry, you'll find a better job and eventually you'll be your TL back.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sincere sympathy to you on both counts. But mostly on the job front.
There are just too many stories like yours in this country now. Thanks corporate America for screwing the working guy and outsourcing the entire middle-class.
Done ranting!
Old 09-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
wow, sorry to hear about the job and the TL.

Keep ya head up something else will come along! Good Luck
Old 09-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tough situation man, just keep your head up and get that resume in front of as many GM's as possible and the right job will present itself- stay positive and before you know it you may be on here with a SH-AWD TL or some other sick 3rd Gen- best wishes dude-
Old 09-25-2008, 03:08 PM
'06 NBP TL 5AT NAV

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Sorry to hear about the job loss...Still, rolling in a RL is not too shabby. Keep the faith.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like you got in over your head. Anyways hopefully there is something to be taken away from this that is positive.

D
Old 09-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
^ I'm sure he wanted to hear that

OP, hopefully your situation will change and we'll see you back here.

Good Luck!

Last edited by KN_TL; 09-25-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:21 PM
I like to whistle in my

Sorry to hear that man but Im sure things will turn around for you
These are tough times now for a number of people.
Good luck with the job search
Old 09-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
sorry to hear that man. best of luck to you.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to here man, I lost my job last year and was jobless for 5 months. Luckily I had enough savings put back to support me until I eventually found a position. Its hardtimes when you take 1/3rd of your weekly take home.......thats what the CA EDD gave me lol

good luck!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
I am sorry to hear the news. I wish you the best in finding a new job, and as well wish you luck with your RL, i'm sure it will bring a smile to your face like your TL did.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Here I come!

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts
Sorry to hear about your job. Keep your cool and you'll be okay.

When I lost my last job, I ended up with a better one and now I am able to afford my TL. Hopefully, you'll end up the same.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Pro

Damn really sorry to hear that. All I hear is bad things about the economy. Hopefully you will get back on your feet soon.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Make sure to file for unemployment if you haven't already and keep your head up! Take care man...
Old 09-27-2008, 01:52 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by don5504
Sounds like you got in over your head. Anyways hopefully there is something to be taken away from this that is positive.

D
:thumbsdow
Lets hope life doesn't hand you any misfortunes. Nobody can predict what the future holds. You should really think before you type.

U4ICTHEORY Keep your head up man. Life hands all of us challenges. Don't let it get the best of you. Have faith in your abilities and I'm sure you'll bounce back 10 fold.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:09 AM
08 TL Type S

sorry to hear that..
Old 09-27-2008, 03:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10
Lets hope life doesn't hand you any misfortunes. Nobody can predict what the future holds. You should really think before you type.

U4ICTHEORY Keep your head up man. Life hands all of us challenges. Don't let it get the best of you. Have faith in your abilities and I'm sure you'll bounce back 10 fold.
Be strong and do good, you will bounce back 10 fold
Old 09-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Pro

I do and I have no sympathy for those who buy more than they can afford. Those very same people are the reason we are in this credit crunch now. But I don't put the blame fully upon them. I mean I also blame the financial institutions who approved these loans to people who should never been approved. Also I dont' care what your credit score is and if that is how they got the car. A persons credit score is less important than a persons debt to income ratio. If all it takes you to lose your car is missing one paycheck chances are you couldn't afford that car to begin with.

So yes lets pat him on the back tell him it'll be ok and that he did nothing wrong so he can make these same mistakes in the future and we can have another thread talking about the next car they lose. So if you are done coddling him lets hope he really learns a positive lesson from this and becomes more financially responsible. Now that is something he could use. Some wisdom not pity from those around him. Because I am sure pity is what he wants. I mean every grown man wants pity right?

D
Old 09-27-2008, 02:16 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Bummer and sorry to hear! Keep your head up man! It'll all be good in time!
Old 09-27-2008, 03:04 PM
2011 BMW 335i

I do and I have no sympathy for those who buy more than they can afford. Those very same people are the reason we are in this credit crunch now. But I don't put the blame fully upon them. I mean I also blame the financial institutions who approved these loans to people who should never been approved. Also I dont' care what your credit score is and if that is how they got the car. A persons credit score is less important than a persons debt to income ratio. If all it takes you to lose your car is missing one paycheck chances are you couldn't afford that car to begin with.

So yes lets pat him on the back tell him it'll be ok and that he did nothing wrong so he can make these same mistakes in the future and we can have another thread talking about the next car they lose. So if you are done coddling him lets hope he really learns a positive lesson from this and becomes more financially responsible. Now that is something he could use. Some wisdom not pity from those around him. Because I am sure pity is what he wants. I mean every grown man wants pity right?

D
You are an IDIOT. How the hell can you say that "he bought more than he could afford"? Do you even know how much this person was making? Where you his employer or his accountant? I make a pretty decent amount of money each a month, after paying all of my bills including my mortgage and my $600 car payment, I still have money left over. If I were to see myself in the unfortunate situation of losing my job though, you better believe the car would be the first to go and this does not mean that I BOUGHT MORE THAN I COULD AFFORD, It means I lost my job and can no longer afford what I could easily afford before. GET A LIFE MOTHERFUCKER.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by carlos9827
You are an IDIOT. How the hell can you say that "he bought more than he could afford"? Do you even know how much this person was making? Where you his employer or his accountant? I make a pretty decent amount of money each a month, after paying all of my bills including my mortgage and my $600 car payment, I still have money left over. If I were to see myself in the unfortunate situation of losing my job though, you better believe the car would be the first to go and this does not mean that I BOUGHT MORE THAN I COULD AFFORD, It means I lost my job and can no longer afford what I could easily afford before. GET A LIFE MOTHERFUCKER.
I am the idiot yet I am not the one who has to part with my car. I can say that because its obvious. If all it takes is missing one paycheck to start having to lose things or sell things off probably means you don't have your finances in order. And one doesn't have to be an accountant or his employer to realize that just someone who knows how to effectively budget his income.

Perhaps its the way you look at things. If you lose your job you say your car is the 1st to go. Why would you let it go if you could still afford it if you lost your job? Wouldn't you just try and get another job instead of selling stuff off? If I were to lose my job I could certainly still afford to keep the car for at least 6months paying the $1000/month I am now longer if I pay just the required $600/month such as yourself. But I can only do that because I didn't over extend myself. Now I certainly could purchase a car twice as expensive as what I have now but that would put me at risk for the same problems the OP has now. Sure I could afford to make the payments even if they were $2000/month but that puts me in the position that if anything goes wrong with my finances that I too would have to sell off my car to make ends meet. Now if you don't get that then I expect I'll be seeing a similar thread sooner or later by you and how you have to let your car and stuff go too.

D
Old 09-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Pro

Ultimately I believe it comes down to our definitions of what is affordable and its obvious what you consider affordable isn't the same as what I consider affordable.

D
Old 09-28-2008, 04:57 AM
2011 BMW 335i

Ultimately I believe it comes down to our definitions of what is affordable and its obvious what you consider affordable isn't the same as what I consider affordable.

D
Regardless I still think your comment was completely uncalled for. There was NO need to say what you said. Hasn't anyone ever told you, If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all? Apparently not. Anyway I really don't care to continue going back and forth on this with you. Please continue with your perfect affordable lifestyle.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:07 AM
¿baCon?

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

D
what a dick.

to the OP, dont sweat it to hard, lifes to damn short to be bummed out. it'll get better, when one door closes another opens bro, trust me. been there.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Get your resume out there and you will have a good job again soon. I personally would've went with an early 2nd gen TL instead of a 2000 RL but that's just my preference.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool it with the personal attacks. The guy has a point, if you don't agree with him then debate intelligently instead of swearing like a little kid.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Good Luck with the job search, I'm in the same boat as you.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:00 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Good luck w/ everything. Great things take time to happen
Old 09-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Pro

Regardless I still think your comment was completely uncalled for. There was NO need to say what you said. Hasn't anyone ever told you, If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all? Apparently not. Anyway I really don't care to continue going back and forth on this with you. Please continue with your perfect affordable lifestyle.
Fine.

To the OP.

I am sorry for saying anything that wasn't nice. I meant no harm in it. I do hope you get things back in order for yourself. We all make mistakes in life I as well have made them learn from your mistakes it'll only make you stronger because truely you only have yourself to count upon. Also don't believe for a second anything these guys are saying is really helping you out.

D
Old 09-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,842 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Keep you head up!! I was in the job market for several months recently.. we're going through tough times but just keep a positive attitude..

One door closes.. another one opens!!
Old 09-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Under Pressure

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm truly sorry to hear about this. Hope you won't have to much of a hard time finding a job, but hey, the RL is a sweet car! Good luck!
Old 09-29-2008, 01:00 AM
Racer

D
You know. You're right. We should all take lessons pissing on a guy when he's down. What fools we are to not read that section of your wisdom guide.

Show some class and at least close the door when sucking yourself off.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:49 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am the idiot yet I am not the one who has to part with my car. I can say that because its obvious. If all it takes is missing one paycheck to start having to lose things or sell things off probably means you don't have your finances in order. And one doesn't have to be an accountant or his employer to realize that just someone who knows how to effectively budget his income.

Perhaps its the way you look at things. If you lose your job you say your car is the 1st to go. Why would you let it go if you could still afford it if you lost your job? Wouldn't you just try and get another job instead of selling stuff off? If I were to lose my job I could certainly still afford to keep the car for at least 6months paying the $1000/month I am now longer if I pay just the required $600/month such as yourself. But I can only do that because I didn't over extend myself. Now I certainly could purchase a car twice as expensive as what I have now but that would put me at risk for the same problems the OP has now. Sure I could afford to make the payments even if they were $2000/month but that puts me in the position that if anything goes wrong with my finances that I too would have to sell off my car to make ends meet. Now if you don't get that then I expect I'll be seeing a similar thread sooner or later by you and how you have to let your car and stuff go too.

D
I don't understand why he was the idiot? He lost his job; so to soften the blow he sold his car and got one which would be less of a financial burden. Even if you have your 3-6 months of average income set a aside incase of job-loss, your next objective should be to minimize expenses, which he did...

Did I miss something here?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Here I come!

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by marshall28
I don't understand why he was the idiot? He lost his job; so to soften the blow he sold his car and got one which would be less of a financial burden. Even if you have your 3-6 months of average income set a aside incase of job-loss, your next objective should be to minimize expenses, which he did...

Did I miss something here?
Nicely said.
Also nicely said. Down to the last word.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
For the benefit of everyone reading this thread:

carlos9827- We encourage members to have debates that are civil. Please refrain from attacking other members especially using vulgar language. I think you are smart enough to have an intelligent debate while keeping it civil. Please refer to the rules for posting in 3G for further clarification.

don5504- Please refrain from posting in threads if you have nothing positive to add. For further clarification, please refer to the rules for posting in 3G. If you want to let your hair down and criticize others about their choices do it in Ramblings. Since you apologized publicly to the OP, I think no formal warning is merited at this point.

Also, to the other members who have commented on don5504's not so popular comments, please move on as this issue has been addressed by way of me posting in the thread.

carlos & don- if you need further clarification other than what has been said by me in this thread and what has been posted in the rules for posting in 3G, please PM me. I don't want to ruin this thread.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:05 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts

D
This 'DON' thinks http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare!

The economy of this country is in the toilet right now. More people are loosing their jobs than we're being told on the news. 9 out of 10 bankruptcies in this country are directly related to medical emergencies, death in the family, and JOB LOSS. As for the current foreclosure crisis, not all of these people stupidly took out loans with adjustable rates they couldn't afford. Many were prayed upon by ultra-fast talking mortgage brokers working on commission who knew exactly what THEY were doing.

The banking laws were changed by Phil Gramm in conjunction with the Bush administration to deregulate the whole financial industry which is how we got into this current mess to begin with. I'd like to see you loose your job and not be able to pay your mortgage or make car payments. Maybe THEN you'll wake up and start having some compassion for others who've met with misfortune.

Best of luck to you, U4ICTHEORY.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Pro

You know. You're right. We should all take lessons pissing on a guy when he's down. What fools we are to not read that section of your wisdom guide.

Show some class and at least close the door when sucking yourself off.
No one was pissing on the guy. In my opinion you guys are doing a bigger disservice to him by blowing all this fake sunshine up his rear. I mean who are you guys his momma?

D

Quick Reply: out of the game