Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ouch!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:31 PM
A-SPEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ouch!!!

happened this morning... stupid driver came out of no where. could have been worse but i manage to maneuver myself out. body is all sore and a little neck and back pain..

no airbags deployed.

what do u guys think the damage is gonna be?
i would be really pissed off if i have to fix this and have problems in the future.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:37 PM
"Advance"

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
like you said!! OUCH!!!, I would kill myself if this would hapen to me......cross my finger and touch some wood!!

Seems like the "BLACKURA" curse isnt really true hehe! ouff
Old 07-25-2007, 10:38 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Damn! Drive train issues!! Today is a bad day for TLs.. everyone stay inside!
Old 07-25-2007, 10:50 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Whats the deal with the wheel/tire getting pulled under the fender well in the second pic? Looks "normal" in the first pic.

Assuming you don't have major suspension damage, my guess is $2500 minimum for body/panels, paint, etc. With significant suspension damage - ????
Old 07-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Whats the deal with the wheel/tire getting pulled under the fender well in the second pic? Looks "normal" in the first pic.

Assuming you don't have major suspension damage, my guess is $2500 minimum for body/panels, paint, etc. With significant suspension damage - ????

Gonna be A LOT MORE THAN that.... NYC prices too, damn!

he needs new front bumper, front a spec, headlight assembly, lower grille, quarter panel, passenger door, possbily passenger underside skirts, probanly new rim and tire looks like it will be f'd up, and something in the suspension is probably bent up too... not to mention if anything in the engine bay was damaged....

DAMN......

Good luck got to be at least $4000 on the low side could be much higher
Old 07-25-2007, 11:08 PM
A-SPEC

my car wasn't drivable after the accident. i believe the axle was broken. that's why in the second pic, tow truck pulled my car on the flat bed and it was rippin apart!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by simonsez
my car wasn't drivable after the accident. i believe the axle was broken. that's why in the second pic, tow truck pulled my car on the flat bed and it was rippin apart!
OH DAm..

yeah that thing is def f'd up... looks like the back of the tire is almost in the dam door.....

good luck bro All the NY TL's are gettin desroyed
Old 07-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

First Blackura...now you.. Im not driving tomorrow.

Good luck with insurance/fixing/replacing
Old 07-25-2007, 11:32 PM
A-SPEC

3 days ago... memories...

Old 07-25-2007, 11:35 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

If there's frame damage and drive train damage it might be toast..
Old 07-25-2007, 11:37 PM
A-SPEC

im wondering IF its a total loss...
would i be getting extra money for the aspec pkg? since i bought a car with full factory aspec
Old 07-26-2007, 01:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,414 Posts
would i be getting extra money for the aspec pkg? since i bought a car with full factory aspec
It may not be a total loss, the rule of thumb that a insurance guy told me is that if the damage is more than 70% of car value, then it is deemed totaled. by the pics, it looks like about 5K in damge, mostly due to the suspension components.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
My sister had an Integra with similar damage. She got it repaired, drove it for several years then handed it down to my Dad who drove it for a few years after that.

I'm not sure about the mileage but I think it boils down to how much you shortcut the repair.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:59 AM
Instructor

I don't think it's a total loss especially since the air bags didn't deploy. If it was, you would get money for aspec but most likely not equal to the original price.

Most adjusters are only going to estimate visible body damage which isn't too bad. You obviously have suspension damage and whether or not the uni-body is damaged will be a supplement they should hopefully factor in.

I would guess $4,000 in body plus another $4,000 in suspension, frame, and miscellaneous stuff.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Instructor

To determine a total loss:

Cost to repair = (repairs) + (rental) + (diminished value)

Total loss = (ACV) + (TTL) - (salvage)

If the total loss is less than cost to repair it will be deemed a loss and you will be paid the ACV of the car. For cars like Toyota and Honda that have high resale that are new, the salvage can be quite high because they can be parted out because of high demand.

Make sure repairs are estimated with OEM parts and if repaired that is what is used. Use a reliable shop as the damage you can't see can easily be shortchanged in the form of bad welds, cheap or used parts, etc.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

A hit like that I am a little concerned that the airbags didn't go off, BUT since they did not go off I would say it is very repairable it is not a total. Then agian it is hard to say from pics, and at our shop if the repair goes over 70% we have to contact the insurance to get approval to work on it. But once they start working on it they have to finish it.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:40 AM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Originally Posted by NaplesTL
A hit like that I am a little concerned that the airbags didn't go off, BUT since they did not go off I would say it is very repairable it is not a total. Then agian it is hard to say from pics, and at our shop if the repair goes over 70% we have to contact the insurance to get approval to work on it. But once they start working on it they have to finish it.
My $9,000 Accord has had $8,000 worth of paint and body work done to it -_-
(Rear bumper replacement was $900; girl hit me and left dents from her license plate. The rest of the money was due to a gravel/rock truck cracking my windshield and chipping my hood/headlights). It looks awesome though! NBP for the win.

K sorry. Just make sure there isn't any frame damage if they are gonna repair it.. Frame damage is evil.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Eagle Automotive, Inc.

It is not unusual for an insurance to take it all the way 100% value of the repair thats why we stop at 70% so if there was a supplament after we start the work we can continue with the repair
Old 07-26-2007, 11:32 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
looks totalled to me the chassis arm might be bent... if that is the case I wouldn't even want it repaired... when the body shop does a tear down make sure the chassis arms are good and then go for the repair... if you can fix it... hope the shop's got skills

ps. This week alone I think I've seen 4 crashed 3g's... and I am a new member sheesh damn
Old 07-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Racer

WOW... Too many accidents this week.

Sorry about your car, I hope it works out.

Did you get a loaner yet?
Old 07-26-2007, 03:26 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Alright, from what I can see;

DEFINITE sub frame damage, the part costs only $650 since it's an all aluminum part, but it takes 10 hours to install, since the motor needs to be pulled out to install it. You're drive shaft assembly will need to be replaced, that will run $300~400 in parts, you're wheel bearing is destroyed, $550, the wheel and tire is destroyed, $750, all the suspension compenents are annihilated that's $400. You will need a good amount of body damage, as I can see some underbody compenents are on the ground, black plastic. Oh and not to mention the brake rotors and wheel hub will need to be replaced.

This is going to be $8,000. Some guy in these forums had his left side of the car run over by a bus, so you figure whatever he had to get replaced is roughly what you'll need since the damage looks about the same.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:28 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Make sure you sew the guy for personal injury, since you said you have back and neck pain. You're health is the primary factor in this incident. And check if you're state allows to recieve a check for diminished value.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Burning Brakes

My guess is $8k-$10k... if it was just body work I would say a lot lower, but you got some major mechanical/structural damage there it looks like.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Eoanou
Make sure you sew the guy for personal injury, since you said you have back and neck pain. You're health is the primary factor in this incident. And check if you're state allows to recieve a check for diminished value.
Give me a break! Btw... it's sue, not sew.

Our legal system is already screwed up enough.. you don't need to join up with the ambulance chasing lawyers and lazy sh!ts that don't want to work, and just sue people for a living.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:01 PM
A-SPEC

heres lil update cellphone pix @ bodyshop.
oil filter was broken too. everything was leaking...
could have been totalled if the damage point was towards the front

Old 07-26-2007, 05:11 PM
06 TL 6spd. Navi/A-spec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn thats a nice hit, Goodluck with the repairs!
Old 07-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Couldn't be happier!

ok i'll offer my words of advice since i JUST got my car back last night from being rear-ended 3 weeks ago.

was it your fault? if not you definitely have the upper hand in this situation.

Number 1--make sure that you go to the doctor. no matter how you feel right now, you could end up being really sore and in some pain in a couple days. if it's not your fault, the policy holder's insurance is BOUND by LAW to see that you get the right medical attention. free of charge.

just talk to the adjuster about filing a personal injury claim and keep all of your receipts from doctor's visits, prescriptions, time lost from work, and even mileage. if you present a carefully prepared group of receipts you'll get payed much quicker. usually they'll give you a hefty settlement on top of your out-of-pocket costs to cover the 'inconvenience factor' and to make you happy. you WILL have to sign a waiver if you choose to settle though.

Number 2--make sure that YOU choose the shop that does your repair. you have the right to select the shop of your choosing and you're not required to go to an insurance 'pool shop'. the fault in the accident may determine whether or not you can do this, but if you weren't at fault you most definitely have the choice.

find a shop that repairs exotic cars. porsche's, mercedes, jags, bmw's etc. since you won't be paying for it, make sure that you get the best quality repair work and body work.

Number 3--diminished value claim--if your car is NOT a lease and you purchased the car, you may have the ability to file a diminished value claim. there are restrictions on which states allow these types of claims and i'm not sure whether or not new york permits them.

if there is structural or frame damage, you could receive up to 30-40% of your vehicle's original value. make sure to simply ask the adjustor you work with about filing one and what to do.

crappy situation, but if you do the right things you'll end up with a fixed (or new) car and some money in your pocket for your pain and inconvenience.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Damn bro this must be some curse. Yesterday I was in Manhattan, parked in a garage across the street from the Empire State Bldg., got my car, drove back home to Queens only to see a huge yellow scratch going down my back bumper, a hole in it, and a crack in my tail light. I guess I'm the idiot who didn't check my car before I left the garage. I was walking around feeling sorry for myself for the past 24 hours but after seeing your car I don't feel so bad. Good luck with getting it fixed. By the way, what body shop are you going to?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have frame damage, then it'll definitely be totaled...

Good luck you man. I'll definitely get a lawyer and get a representative from your insurance to help you out ASAP
Old 07-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
sorry to c the car man ... i try to tell everyone this who got in an accident like myself with thier tl ... make sure you get a depreciated value check from the other persons insurance ... im assuming that they were at fault ... u deserve that money!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Instructor

sorry about your car and hope your ok.

I actually avoided and accident today. I had a green light and thank god for the lady in the bike that crossed in front of me because i slowed down. So an a-hole in a toyota camry blew right through the red...slammed my brakes and missed him. Lady in the bike saved me or he would of t-boned me
Old 07-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Thats not totaled. Thats minor body damage. im guessing that the impact happened on that wheel, which broke the lower control arm (which is why that wheel is in different positions)
Old 07-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Instructor

Damn man that sucks...I dont think is totalled maybe 8k to fix, but most important is that you're ok. Good luck with the repairs. Keep us posted
Old 07-26-2007, 10:53 PM
A-SPEC

thx guys for all the support.
sore body is getting worse but nothing broken.
and the accident was not my fault.

one thing i never knew was that diminished value claim. i'll definately check on that.
im going to pick up a rental tomorrow. covers upto $30/day for 30days.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Cruisin'

You're taking it better than I would. Definitely suspension problems. Bent axle, strut, etc. Did the person that hit you have insurance? Getting it fixed will be the true sign whether to keep it or not. If shakes or rattles, ditch it!
Old 07-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Couldn't be happier!

thx guys for all the support.
sore body is getting worse but nothing broken.
and the accident was not my fault.

one thing i never knew was that diminished value claim. i'll definately check on that.
im going to pick up a rental tomorrow. covers upto $30/day for 30days.

the insurance company that handled my claim also gave me the "30/day" limit on a rental car and I called shenanigans.

You've got a pretty solid argument that you deserve a nicer rental seeing that you got hit driving a ~$40,000 car. Ask your adjustor if he could move you up one level in rental cars so you'll be more comfortable. There is some responsibility on the insurance company's part to put you in a comparable vehicle to the one you own.

They originally put me in a 2007 Taurus which, even relatively new, was a total bucket. You should have seen the anger on my face after I paged through 30 pages of CD's trying to find what I wanted to listen to only to look up and realize that the Taurus DID NOT EVEN HAVE A CD PLAYER!

I called my adjustor and plead my case and he was able to get me into a 2007 Hyundai Azera. It was actually a great car for a rental. (6 disc infinity stereo, leather, climate control, sunroof, and a 260 horse V6) It was much better than the Taurus and served well on a road-trip I made over one weekend.

You seem to know what to do and what not to. Just remember that you have the upper hand in this situation and there is no reason you should put up with the insurance company bullying you around.

GL
Old 07-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dude not for nothing but that looks like a hood ur whole right side suspension, rim, tire, light, hood, door, fender, brake components for the right side, looks like the fender support is done too, front body kit, all the supports for everything and bolts n screws. id say with labor 6-8 grand.... I hope u have insurance and and that ur ok. also from the accident ive seen with these cars please when its done..... pay very close attention to where the fender supports connect with the strut tower supports. it makes a huge diff with things
Old 07-27-2007, 02:22 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
We might as well call it the NY curse. I've driven in that city a few times, and thank god I dont have to deal with that craziness on a daily basis.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:13 PM
TL N YA

Damm i'm going to be sick!

Damn man that sucks. You're taking it alot better than I would too
Goodluck with your repair work.